Whats better? ACAS or Dirty Diamonds

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:20 pm

Shoesalesman wrote:
Stuart wrote:But after two or three listens I never took to it, if it had been a serious song it would have worked, but the lyrics / humour wore off quite quickly.
I just love this song. It hasn't lost its luster yet, for me anyway.
Only cross-dressers love that song.

:rotfl:
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:27 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:Only cross-dressers love that song.

:rotfl:
:blush:
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:49 pm

Desmond isn't a bad producer. Desmond however had a hand in the writing of every song on Trash, and you can tell. It's not Alice Cooper. It's a sleek, radio-friendly 80s hair metal album. The songs were pedestrian, along with all of the songs Desmond has input on. It wasn't even that great for the hair metal genre, however due to the promoting the label put behind it, it was huge. I wasn't really saying Desmond's producing doesn't sound good, but he should have less input on the writing process.

I've already said that I think the music on ACAS is decent but far from great, but it's ashame that Alice worked with Greg Hampton and Danny Saber, because the album wasn't produced and mixed even half as decent as the songs are written (which isn't a good thing at all). So what could've been a good latter day Alice album is only slightly above average.

If it only had the production of DD (which isn't really saying much), it would've been one of my favorites. I went in and tweaked some of it on my music editor. Mainly just sped the songs up which makes them much better then the album.

guilty65
Killer
Killer

Re: I think ACAS missed...

Post by guilty65 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:20 pm

A HUGE mistake on my part..I meant Bob Ezrin...I was really tired when I wrote that post. My appologies to Mr. Rock.
Again...We Need Bob Ezrin for sure.

Sorry :x

guttertrash wrote:
guilty65 wrote:And Yes We need Bob Rock!
I will get slaughtered for this I am sure.
you're right about that. Bob Rock is the worst idea ever. okay, second worst, Desmond Child would've been the worst idea. but what has ole Bob ever produced that was better then the bands material before Bob? Bob could've done what Desmond did. he could've got Coop high in the charts, but it wouldn't have been because of spectacular music.

i completely agree with your other comments. ACAS is definitely not dark like Dead Babies and his other dark songs. in another thread, i said that it might be because of the darkness of the reality of a serial killer. you also have to remember that most of the darkest Cooper songs came from the original Alice Cooper Group. Buxton, Smith, Dunaway, and Bruce played a key role in the majority of the early albums. Alice has always been the 'pop' influenced singer, whie they brought the complex music and usually the dark music to the table. Welcome To My Nightmare was not an overly dark album either. Most of his solo stuff has been rooted in pop hooks. this album follows suit. it is just a fun album about a psycho. Feed My Frankenstein was about a psycho, and it was cheesy also. i think the album in itself is supposed to be pretty lighthearted and instead of a 'horror movie,' it's a 'horror comedy.'

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:13 pm

haha. That's cool, Guilty. Ezrin would be cool, be as I have said before, you always have to worry about another 'Music From The Elder.'

guilty65
Killer
Killer

Post by guilty65 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:05 am

guttertrash wrote:haha. That's cool, Guilty. Ezrin would be cool, be as I have said before, you always have to worry about another 'Music From The Elder.'
haaaaaa Man that is funny....And true! The points you made about the old band were spot on. They really came up with some brilliant themes for those songs.
Glen was the most nervous guitar player I have ever heard.(I a great way).
I really miss that chemistry for sure. What a great band.

Ain't Talkin' Bout' Love
Trash
Trash

Post by Ain't Talkin' Bout' Love » Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:27 am

Since DD has Stand and a cover (Pretty Ballerina), it loses this one. If it had The Sharpest Pain on it like the Australian version did, this would be closer.

Jason
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jason » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:18 pm

ACAS hasn't been out long enough to be compared to any album, in my opinion. It needs time to be listened to. That's just me. I like DD and ACAS is sounding pretty solid. Again, both albums are like two sides of the coin. Different rather than "what's better".
"Same as always, different as ever"