Sheryl bans Alice from Plastic Surgery

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Sheryl bans Alice from Plastic Surgery

Post by WickedYoungMan » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:07 am

Found this at WFBQ.com today (I'm sure the Clear Channel sites have this.) Not exactly huge, but noteworthy as it's media.

http://wfbq.com/cc-common/news/sections ... le=4019889
Me = Winning

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:11 am

Yup...it's a Clear Channel news bit. Saw it on my local NWAC affiliate's site today as well! Was looking at it for a request email to ask for an ACAS tune. Kept thinking this must've been posted on the plastic surgery thread before....but I guess it was just the radio station's site, as I don't see it in that thread!

About noon, his name appeared no less than FIVE times on our local station's front page. Twice for his upcoming area concert listings, once for the ticket giveaway, once with a picture and this headline, and again on the side with the first few sentences of the article. Was a crazily Alice-heavy page there! :clap:
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:44 am

Aye, I saw that article. Didn't know what to make of it really, I'm not sure Alice has ever shown interest in having plastic surgeory, think this is just an 'out of context' response to a question, and I think the 'Sheryl' comments could just be even 'Alice speak'!??

Guilty
Killer
Killer

Post by Guilty » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:15 am

i think the world he moves around in, plastic surgery is no big thing.
i'm guilty an i think i've been framed anyway

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:32 pm

I find this is another example of where the headline is not quite what really happened. Journalists seem to thrive on making attention-grabbing headlines even when the actual events are not quite what the headline implies. All Alice said concerning Sheryl is that she advised him not to get a nose job because his nose was famous and part of his look. That doesn't necessarily mean that she told him to not get any other type of plastic surgery so the headline about her banning all plastic surgery seems quite the exaggeration.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:56 pm

This is a story started on that ever so wonderful Contact Music site (and listed on the news page a couple of days ago).

As usual CM simply take a quote from another interview (often uncredited) and turn it into a story, or sometimes several stories. Unfortunately it seems other sites are now taking these stories and publishing them as well.

I say unfortunately as usually CM's stories are barely stories, let alone newsworthy, consisting if taking quotes out of context, or even using quotes to make up a story that bares no relationship to what Alice actually said ie their story about Alice and Ozzy a few months ago where they managed to make about three incorrect stories from the same quote!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:04 pm

Si wrote:This is a story started on that ever so wonderful Contact Music site (and listed on the news page a couple of days ago).
So I DID see it on STUK! I was looking through the plastic surgery thread thinking that must've been where, but I guess it was the news page! I was so sure I'd read about it with lots of maroon lining the sides of my screen. :)
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

DaveJay
Killer
Killer

Post by DaveJay » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:05 pm

...I just wanna find a plastic surgeon tht can give me an"Alice Nose"......
Billion Dollar Boobles!!!

Jumping Jack
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jumping Jack » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:47 pm

Anyone who has seen Steven Tyler recently would swear off plastic surgery. He is scarier looking than Coop, Jacko and Joan Rivers!!!
Caffeine! Caffeine!
Amphetamine
A little speed is all I need
Caffeine! Caffeine!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:56 pm

I just watched the Family Jewels episode where Gene Simmons and his wife get face lifts. :bam: That's scary stuff. Obviously more involved than a nose job, but... wow... just, wow! :blush:

And Alice's nose does have a history... didn't Calico clip it good with her "wings" at a Paris show a while back? :8):
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

daytripper63
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper63 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:30 pm

I like Alice " All Natural". I liked his top teeth too...they had carature :rotfl:

For being a brat, refusing to act your age !
http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:14 pm

It would be horrible if Alice ended up looking as bad as Burt Reynolds or Kenny Rogers do now.
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

Malchik
Killer
Killer

Post by Malchik » Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:40 am

daytripper63 wrote:I like Alice " All Natural". I liked his top teeth too...they had carature :rotfl:
As long as he has the nose and hair he'll always be Alice. Anything else is Monster Dog.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:22 pm

daytripper63 wrote:I like Alice " All Natural". I liked his top teeth too...they had carature :rotfl:
You mean before they were fixed? Character? Cavities more like :rotfl:

daytripper63
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper63 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:55 pm

Thanks Si....I skipped spelling in school :p

I liked his teeth before they were fixed. But he will always look like a STAR to me :bam:

For being a brat, refusing to act your age !
http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:53 pm

by the time "special forces" rolled around,needle or no needle,the man needed help...think he even lost some teeth,if I recall the tom snyder interview! :grin: