Easy Action, worth getting?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Easy Action, worth getting?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:23 pm

Went to the local music store today to see if they would have ACAS, they will, but they will also have Easy Action, so is it worth getting or not?
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:29 pm

Yes. Essential IMHO. But don't expect it to sound exactly like LITD etc.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:30 pm

I say so. I never thought it would be one I would want to own, until I listened to it. It is dark and gritty. It almost feels like a prequel to Killer. It is really a solid album.

Below Your Means is my favorite track, but there are many other surprisingly good songs.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:43 pm

Agree with Si essential listening, a much underrated album and much better than Pretties For You

Some great songs on there Mr and MisDemeanor, Shoe Salesman, Laughing At Me, Refrigerator Heaven and Beautiful Flyaway are some of the best songs Alice has done even though they sound quite different to the even better 1971-73 period.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:46 pm

steven_crayn wrote:Agree with Si essential listening, a much underrated album and much better than Pretties For You

Some great songs on there Mr and MisDemeanor, Shoe Salesman, Laughing At Me, Refrigerator Heaven and Beautiful Flyaway are some of the best songs Alice has done even though they sound quite different to the even better 1971-73 period.
agreed, this is almost like the eve of litd in my opinion.
let's play twister, let's play risk, yeah, yeah, yeah. yeah.hywel04@hotmail.com

stoopid
Trash
Trash

Post by stoopid » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:02 pm

gotta get it!!! Got some great little rock tunes...i like refridgerator heaven, still no air, just a good album that i think gets overlooked!!!
its such a brutal planet
such a living hell

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:11 pm

Well i have Mr and Misdemeanour, Refrigerator Heaven and Lay Down and Die, Goodbye on The Life and Crimes, this with the concensus that i should get it, so i will, thanks to you all for replying, now if only i see DaDa and can convince myself it is worth getting.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

daytripper63
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper63 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:12 pm

Easy Action really captures the group on their way to stardom. :clap:
It shows creativity and a love for the stage . Good Album for any collection. :clap:

For being a brat, refusing to act your age !
http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:18 pm

I'd definitely get Easy Action. Great song after great song.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Jason
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jason » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:39 pm

For sure worth getting. A little off the wall but very original!
"Same as always, different as ever"

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:30 pm

kevinuk81 wrote:Well i have Mr and Misdemeanour, Refrigerator Heaven and Lay Down and Die, Goodbye on The Life and Crimes, this with the concensus that i should get it, so i will, thanks to you all for replying, now if only i see DaDa and can convince myself it is worth getting.
Dada is worth getting too, I think it was his best of those 4 alternative 80's albums though I know others aren't keen and prefer say Flush.

For me Dada hasn't got a weak track on it whereas I think the other 3 have plenty.

As it hasn't got that Alice hard rock edge that is the only reason i would'nt call Dada great, but it is still very good.

I think Alice is great when he marries the rock edge with the melodic which he did to perfection from 1971-1975 and also in 1978 with From The Inside.

Those albums were flawless.

I also think Along Came A Spider is a great album, not as great as the 1971-75 period or From The Inside but still great.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

I'm Pain
Killer
Killer

Post by I'm Pain » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:55 pm

Easy Action is a wonderful album. There's no concept as much as it's just a really good collection of songs. Glen has some great "spacey" sounding guitar on it and overall has this somewhat dark psychadelic feel to it - kind of like STRANGE DAYS by the Doors. I love this album. At this point the ACG was still looking for their sound but this album really isn't that far off from Love it to Death.

Get DADA also. In my opinion, this is a kind of creative high point for Alice (solo) for his concept albums, even if a couple of the tracks seem kind of offbeat for him. His vocals on this one are exceptional. Lyricly strong also. I'd love to hear his thoughts on the development of this one but from what I've read - he remembers very little about anything from this period.

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:26 am

DaDa gets better with each subsequent listen. People call Flush and Zipper works of art. I say this is a work of art. It is very avant garde but works well on the whole. Every track is solid and interesting. The only misstep is Dislexia, which has funny lyrics, but is just bizarre and annoying.

DaveJay
Killer
Killer

Post by DaveJay » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:02 am

Dada is a must have , in my opinion...it was very different for Alice, at the time of it's release....and I must admit, I wasn't that impressed....but by golly it grows on ya!! ( apart from "Scarlet and Sheba", and "Fresh Blood"....but thats just me....).
The thing with the Coop ( For me anyway) is that there is something on every album that is worth listening to...even "Pretties for you" gets dragged out of the cupboard every now and again...( well, a LOT more than "Constrictor"....which reminds me....haven't played "Trick bag" for a while....see what I mean???!!!).
Billion Dollar Boobles!!!

noods
Dada God
Dada God

Post by noods » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:10 am

Speaking of Easy Action and Pretties For You has anyone heard the re-releases that came out a few months ago? Any real difference in sound quality? I know we discussed this on another thread but no answer was given (from what I read) unless I missed something.
I'd like to get inside your head...and dance!

Maurice
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Maurice » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:33 am

Return of the Spiders easily remains my favourite track from the album and I think is very much an indicator of the direction the band would take, musically and theatrically.

In my opinion this album would always be recommended even if just for the sake of acknowledging the 'history'.
When life becomes more real than children's games
Or we've become too old to play them
My God.

Guilty
Killer
Killer

Post by Guilty » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:09 pm

yes its worth getting. if only to listen to how they cut there teeth. i sometimes wonder what would the first two albums be like if bob ezrin had got to them first.
i'm guilty an i think i've been framed anyway

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:33 pm

Guilty wrote:i sometimes wonder what would the first two albums be like if bob ezrin had got to them first.
Not the two albums needed for the ACG to cut their teeth on in order to make the greats like LITD, Killer... Bob Ezrin wouldn't have foundational stuff to draw from. My opinion only. :)
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Malchik
Killer
Killer

Post by Malchik » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:19 pm

noods wrote:Speaking of Easy Action and Pretties For You has anyone heard the re-releases that came out a few months ago? Any real difference in sound quality? I know we discussed this on another thread but no answer was given (from what I read) unless I missed something.
This is news to me. It could be another run of the first cd release.

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:30 pm

Guilty wrote:yes its worth getting. if only to listen to how they cut there teeth. i sometimes wonder what would the first two albums be like if bob ezrin had got to them first.
glad he didnt imo. the band needed to progress on their own at this period.
let's play twister, let's play risk, yeah, yeah, yeah. yeah.hywel04@hotmail.com