Alice on All You Need Is Love UK TV

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Alice on All You Need Is Love UK TV

Post by steven_crayn » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:35 pm

This series on popular music has just started showing on Friday nights/Saturday mornings on More 4 and will run for 4 months, Alice is in episode 16 which should air on Hallowe'en!

The whole series which was first aired in the 1970's and is out on DVD goes up to 1975 and is well worth seeing.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:02 am

I just watched a recording of the first episode which was really just an hour long preview of what they are going to be looking at and Alice was mentioned in it.

Episode 2 on More 4 12.50 am Friday night/Saturday morning

By my calculations episode 16 in which Alice features should be the Friday night/Saturday morning of October 31st/November 1st, what a great way to celebrate Hallowe'en!

Though not as good as those that will be at the Alice gig at Mashantucket that night.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

DaveJay
Killer
Killer

Post by DaveJay » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:50 am

Hi Steven,
I think I have mentioned this before on here somewhere, but Alice fans shouldn't hold their breath too much....I remember watching this series at the time it was first shown, and The Coop only got about 25 seconds or so airtime....( from what i recall, it was "Flashy/Jumpy" images of a hanging scene from "Killer/schools out era", set to some orchestral music....I think.....the series as a whole was good though
Billion Dollar Boobles!!!

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:04 pm

DaveJay wrote:Hi Steven,
I think I have mentioned this before on here somewhere, but Alice fans shouldn't hold their breath too much....I remember watching this series at the time it was first shown, and The Coop only got about 25 seconds or so airtime....( from what i recall, it was "Flashy/Jumpy" images of a hanging scene from "Killer/schools out era", set to some orchestral music....I think.....the series as a whole was good though
Hi DaveJay,

The film clip is nearly 2 minutes of footage but what footage, which will be good to see in high quality, the audio dub on You Tube I think is different to the sound from the TV series as I too remember some classical music, but I could be wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J3DYZPsh4Y

Jason
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jason » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:56 am

Neither of you are wrong. I've seen that episode (among others) several times throughout my childhood and it had classical music, also it had an intro of a french guy in a white tux/top hat. It's not on the Youtube clip. Does anyone remember seeing this french guy preceding the Alice clip?

Either way, that was one of the scariest clips my 4 year old eyes had ever seen up to that point.
"Same as always, different as ever"