Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Elmar
Trash
Trash

Pop Culture Christ

Post by Elmar » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:09 pm

Hello I found this page or blog.

It has 2 interesting reviews of 2 alice's songs with christian meaning.

what do you all think.

http://joelamoroney.wordpress.com/?s=alice+cooper

aliceclone12
Killer
Killer

Post by aliceclone12 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:13 pm

How can they relate it to religon??
The words I speak are true, we're all humanary stew, if we don't pledge allegiance to, AC12

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:18 pm

The guy goes into detail about each song if you click on the song titles.
Me = Winning

aliceclone12
Killer
Killer

Post by aliceclone12 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:22 pm

I know that, but i just don't aggree with alice songs being related to religon...
The words I speak are true, we're all humanary stew, if we don't pledge allegiance to, AC12

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:29 pm

It's what Alice is saying that can relate to the Christian teachings. If you read his blog, you'll see how he interprets the songs that way.
Me = Winning

Jed Raven
Trash
Trash

Post by Jed Raven » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:31 pm

'if you reject God then you are going to Hell'

Oh dear, I'd better commission an asbestos suit, then.

Just another religious bigot to me. That he's an Alice fan doesn't change that.
Cadaver eyes upon me see... nothing.

aliceclone12
Killer
Killer

Post by aliceclone12 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:36 pm

I'm athiest, i just think if religion can't win the battle of rock n roll and religon they now want to use it as there own...

joelamoroney
Trash
Trash

Post by joelamoroney » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:07 am

I find that Alice's songs, especially on the albums Last Temptation, Brutal Planet and Dragontown have a lot to say about religion. Alice Cooper is a Christian and his faith has obviously had an impact on his music. Songs like I Just Wanna Be God and Sister Sara have religious themes right there in the title. It's Much Too Late contains the line "and I don't know the God I've offended." Nothing's Free has imagery of the crucifixion of Jesus when referencing the 30 pieces of silver and the hammer driving in the nail. Brutal Planet describes the events of Genesis chapters 1-3.

There's a lot to be said about the connection between Alice Cooper's music and the Christian faith. Not everything that can be drawn from these lyrics is popular, but I believe that they are relevant to and consistent with the Bible. What do you think?

Headbangers Ball
Yorkshire Rose
Yorkshire Rose

Post by Headbangers Ball » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:48 pm

Jed Raven wrote:'if you reject God then you are going to Hell'

Oh dear, I'd better commission an asbestos suit, then.

HA HA HA!! :laugh: Can you order me a suit too?!

I do actually think Alice's material (even from the early days) has references to religion, so what? I'm not in the least bit religious, so just ignore it. If I am completely honest though, I would rather Alice (when doing anything 'Alice' related) not wear his christianity star on his sleeve like he does at times. Theres a time and a place for it.

As for the guy who wrote all that er....... stuff; I think he needs to get out more!
IF YOU GET UP IN THE MORNING, ITS A GOOD DAY!

Hobo in the Snow
Trash
Trash

Post by Hobo in the Snow » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:15 pm

joelamoroney wrote:I find that Alice's songs, especially on the albums Last Temptation, Brutal Planet and Dragontown have a lot to say about religion. Alice Cooper is a Christian and his faith has obviously had an impact on his music. Songs like I Just Wanna Be God and Sister Sara have religious themes right there in the title. It's Much Too Late contains the line "and I don't know the God I've offended." Nothing's Free has imagery of the crucifixion of Jesus when referencing the 30 pieces of silver and the hammer driving in the nail. Brutal Planet describes the events of Genesis chapters 1-3.

There's a lot to be said about the connection between Alice Cooper's music and the Christian faith. Not everything that can be drawn from these lyrics is popular, but I believe that they are relevant to and consistent with the Bible. What do you think?
Without trying to get involved in any religious debate and simply trying to critique the effectiveness of the "art":

The message behind alot of Coopers music is far far more effective than alot of Christian music (or mainstream preaching).- its well written, and blunt , and yet in places hopeful (e.g the song Its me) . When you mix the fact that Cooper as himself is a non judgemental, accepting, decent guy, its actually a pretty powerful compelling message.

My advice to anyone though is, if you want to let the music speak to you , let it speak to you - it certainly can do that. If you just wanna sit there and rock out and be enteratined, without regard to the message of the music - thats fine too.
Last edited by Hobo in the Snow on Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:34 pm

God is not a club...

any single belief is not only wrong but fascist...

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:03 pm

Jed Raven wrote:'if you reject God then you are going to Hell'

Agreed. And his point that "people who don't accept Jesus, go to Hell" is insulting to Jewish people.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:40 pm

Please read the guidelines to this board that you agreed to when you joined.
Religious talk generally simply causes arguments and is not allowed here for this reason..