Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:46 am 
Offline
Just call me "Chuck"!
Just call me "Chuck"!
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 6:47 am
Posts: 6047
Location: London
Gailsfriend: "He IS better than a lot of other bands, IMHO"

Before you were saying, in your opinion, that Alice's worst was better then ANYTHING ANYONE had ever done. Now it's just "a lot of other bands". You're not so sure...?

Gailsfriend: "Even though Alice has nearly half of his catalog out of print"

Not true. What albums, making up half his catalogue so that would be about 12, are out of print? Current afaik every album can be obtained new thru Amazon either UK or US.

Gailsfriend: "I think U2 is the only band that has continued since Alice released Flush The Fashion.....is there others?"

Not sure what this is saying. Are you suggesting no band other then U2 has stayed together and continued to perform since 1980? I'm sure you aren't as that is soooo incorrect.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:14 pm 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:34 pm
Posts: 1357
Location: Long Beach, California
Technically, Alice's catalog is half out of print here in the United States. That being true because anyone has to buy a IMPORT in order to get all the albums. All of my out of print stuff is from Japan, yours?

What other "currently-releasing music band" had their first album released in 1980? U2 is still together. Duran Duran formed later, right? But, they broke up a couple of times, I think. This is another discussion....but, it is interesting.

I am just trying to underline the fact that, even when Alice is "bad", which is subjective anyway----his "worst" is WAY better than most bands....Just face it. Alice Rules.










_________________
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:28 pm 
Offline
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:59 pm
Posts: 4114
Location: Still Outside Your Bedroom Window
Regarding the alcohol issue, this is on this very site:

Quote:
Alice was not drinking during the Madhouse Rock tour in 1978 and 1979. He started up again in 1981. Some goof wrote about Alice taking " a mighty swig" in the video. Most people miss the clever bit when Alice is taking a drink of water in the "Strange Case" video. He's drinking out of a baby bottle-nipple and all. Anyway, it's water. If he fessed up to falling off the wagon in '81, there wouldn't be any reason to try and hide the fact if it had happened earlier. And yes, that was always water in the canteen on the 'Special Forces' tour.
(Renfield, July 1996)


I had always heard that 1981 was the year he started back up as well.

Not to discount Golf Monster, but since it claims that the Welcome To My Nightmare tour went on 2 years it's probably a good idea to "double check" some of the factual things with this site first.










_________________
Me = Winning


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:31 pm 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Posts: 407
Location: Ohio
GailsFriend wrote:
Just face it. Alice Rules.


Everybody here knows Alice rules. What we also know is that you make ludicrous statements and then don't like it when people disagree with you. If you want your opinion to be taken seriously, it would really help if you didn't make such blanket statements that are obviously coming from someone who is an unrealistic fanboy.

I am a huge Alice Cooper fan. He is definitely my favorite artist of all time. Nobody else even comes close for me. However, I'm not afraid to admit that some of his stuff is bad. Not everything you create is going to be 100% genius. I'm not delusional enough to think that his bad stuff is still better than everything else. It isn't.

Being able to be subjective about things really helps.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:34 pm 
Offline
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:59 pm
Posts: 4114
Location: Still Outside Your Bedroom Window
GailsFriend wrote:
What other "currently-releasing music band" had their first album released in 1980? U2 is still together. Duran Duran formed later, right? But, they broke up a couple of times, I think. This is another discussion....but, it is interesting.


With all due respect, I'm not sure what 1980 has to do with anything though, even in relevance to Alice Cooper other than "Flush The Fashion." What you say could apply to any year, so I'm not sure why you're picking 1980. That album didn't particularly set a trend of band's developing or breaking up, nor was it a benchmark in music that affected anything other than within the Alice Cooper world. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're getting at personally.










_________________
Me = Winning


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:47 pm 
Offline
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 12:59 pm
Posts: 4114
Location: Still Outside Your Bedroom Window
Regarding the out-of-print issue, these are "Imports" on Amazon U.S.

Pretties For You
Easy Action (Though I suppose the recent re-issues can nullify that)
Muscle Of Love
Lace and Whiskey
From The Inside
Flush The Fashion
Special Forces
Zipper Catches Skin
DaDa

(at least what I could find so far of the main discography.)










_________________
Me = Winning


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:26 pm 
Offline
Just call me "Chuck"!
Just call me "Chuck"!
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 16, 2006 6:47 am
Posts: 6047
Location: London
WickedYoungMan wrote:
GailsFriend wrote:
What other "currently-releasing music band" had their first album released in 1980? U2 is still together. Duran Duran formed later, right? But, they broke up a couple of times, I think. This is another discussion....but, it is interesting.


With all due respect, I'm not sure what 1980 has to do with anything though, even in relevance to Alice Cooper other than "Flush The Fashion." What you say could apply to any year, so I'm not sure why you're picking 1980. That album didn't particularly set a trend of band's developing or breaking up, nor was it a benchmark in music that affected anything other than within the Alice Cooper world. Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you're getting at personally.


Exactly. I'm not sure what you are getting at either. Hundresds, possibly thousands of bands from the 60's and 70s (and 80s) are still going today and releasing new material, starting from the Rolling Stones and working on down.

Regarding stuff that is "out of print". You didn`t state you meant "in the USA only". As they are all IN print, and available, even if it's via import for the US, "half the catalogue" is NOT out of print.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:30 pm 
Offline
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 5:39 pm
Posts: 24159
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
WickedYoungMan wrote:
Regarding the alcohol issue, this is on this very site:

Quote:
Alice was not drinking during the Madhouse Rock tour in 1978 and 1979. He started up again in 1981. Some goof wrote about Alice taking " a mighty swig" in the video. Most people miss the clever bit when Alice is taking a drink of water in the "Strange Case" video. He's drinking out of a baby bottle-nipple and all. Anyway, it's water. If he fessed up to falling off the wagon in '81, there wouldn't be any reason to try and hide the fact if it had happened earlier. And yes, that was always water in the canteen on the 'Special Forces' tour.
(Renfield, July 1996)


Thanks WYM!










_________________
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:53 am 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:34 pm
Posts: 1357
Location: Long Beach, California
Ok, I am tired. But, I will try to bring everybody up to pace.

The United States is not producing any of the following CDs---I know, because you can't walk into a record store and get them---they have to be ordered, and most are made in another country.

Pretties for you and Easy Action are currently being temporarily made. Temporarily.
The following are only available as Imports from OTHER COUNTRIES
Muscle of Love
Lace and Whiskey
From The Inside
Flush the Fashion
Special Forces
Zipper
Dada
Constrictor
Raise Your Fist and Yell.....

Yes, you can get them on Amazon....but they are not readily available. The whole catalog needs to be owned by one company.....not several. Look at the mess of Brutal Planet. I thought Rhino would buy and re-release/remaster/repackage the whole catalog....zzzzzz. Nothing.

The conversation about 1980 started because I really cannot think of one band that has STARTED IN 1980 and is currently together, active and releasing albums other than U2. Which is kind of sad because Alice has been around for 40 years and is still releasing "competent"--i will use this word because everyone wants me not to be so damn biased----music despite the fact that he was a hardcore alcoholic who nearly died by 1980, or 1983--whichever date floats your boat, use it.
Alice has outlasted nearly everyone that came after him, and is/should be a model to every band....which makes him better than all of them, because of his longevity, and persistance to great music.
How many bands have had crappier music with a shorter existance---and came after Alice Cooper (and obviously influenced by him) in 1969?
Kiss, Black Sabbath, Dio, Motley Crue, Twisted Sister, Lizzy Borden, Marilyn Manson (he's going down-his last album SUCKED!)----

Alice Cooper has done much more with less---less album sales, promotion, and general appeal---than other bands with more....because the quality of his music has remained constantly good. His health, financial restrictions(because his album don't go multiplatinum), and various band members have not impeded his ability to create a good show, and make great albums.

Feezle-Nuts, It's laughable to say that Alice Cooper makes "bad" albums or songs, when (more than likely) you or I are complete idiots when it comes to the craft of songwriting or musical arrangements, and even if we were able to write a song....do you really think you or I would do better than Alice?
Remember, Alice Cooper is the one who sells albums, concert tickets because he is GOOD, not bad. And you and I couldn't do any better.....

Feezle Nuts, Here's a challenge----Take Alice Cooper's "worst" song---either musically or lyrically---and rewrite or arrange it so it's "better"---then post the song, with the changes, here online, so we can all critique your abilities......

Oh, and do it while you are drunk out of your mind. I would love to see the results. :laugh:










_________________
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:01 am 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 10:15 pm
Posts: 407
Location: Ohio
GailsFriend wrote:
Feezle-Nuts, It's laughable to say that Alice Cooper makes "bad" albums or songs, when (more than likely) you or I are complete idiots when it comes to the craft of songwriting or musical arrangements, and even if we were able to write a song....do you really think you or I would do better than Alice?
Remember, Alice Cooper is the one who sells albums, concert tickets because he is GOOD, not bad. And you and I couldn't do any better.....

Feezle Nuts, Here's a challenge----Take Alice Cooper's "worst" song---either musically or lyrically---and rewrite or arrange it so it's "better"---then post the song, with the changes, here online, so we can all critique your abilities......

Oh, and do it while you are drunk out of your mind. I would love to see the results. :laugh:


So because I'm not a song writer, I shouldn't be able to recognize a bad song? I'm not a mechanic, but I would sure as hell know if my engine blew up.

It is not laughable to say something is a bad song. It is called being able to have an unbiased opinion.

You are totally irrational. I'm done responding to you. It is like talking to a wall. Walls usually make more sense though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:45 am 
Offline
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:53 am
Posts: 651
Location: Indiana
Ok heres my least favorite..even though I say least I still like them -

1. Sun Arise
2. Grande Finale
3. Woman Machine
4. No Baloney Homosapiens
5. Thrill My Gorilla
6. The Great American Success Story
7. Give The Radio Back
8. Why Trust You
8. Unholy War
9. Road Rats *From "Roadie" They screwed it up
10. Hard Rock Summer
11. Your Own Worst Enemy
12. Steal That Car
13. Stand


I wonder what this list would be like if I burned a cd of just these songs :laugh:










_________________
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:18 pm 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:34 pm
Posts: 1357
Location: Long Beach, California
Steven, If you burn a CD of these songs....what happens is that you start to appreciate other aspects of the songs and fall in love with them.

No Baloney is a little weird song, but I think that is the point. Aliens are weird, right?
Thrill My Gorilla---I don't think evolution ever sat right with Alice, so I hear sarcasm.
The Great American Success Story is about me when I went to college at 31...you knew that, right?










_________________
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:48 pm 
Offline
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:01 pm
Posts: 9495
Location: West Yorkshire, England.
[
Feezle Nuts, Here's a challenge----Take Alice Cooper's "worst" song---either musically or lyrically---and rewrite or arrange it so it's "better"---then post the song, with the changes, here online, so we can all critique your abilities......

Oh, and do it while you are drunk out of your mind. I would love to see the results. :laugh:[/quote]


These comments are the most ridiculous i`ve read on these pages for a long time.

Seems to me, GailsFriend wants to be Alice`s No1 fan.










_________________
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:00 pm 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God

Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:34 pm
Posts: 1357
Location: Long Beach, California
Wants to be??

Sheesh! I already am the No. 1 fan.

At least, you find me entertaining. Thank you.
If I can't make ridiculous comments here, where else can I say them? :laugh: ----people at work get mad because they are Radiohead fans....










_________________
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:36 pm 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:56 pm
Posts: 2428
Location: Lincolnshire
WickedYoungMan wrote:
Regarding the alcohol issue, this is on this very site:

Quote:
Alice was not drinking during the Madhouse Rock tour in 1978 and 1979. He started up again in 1981. Some goof wrote about Alice taking " a mighty swig" in the video. Most people miss the clever bit when Alice is taking a drink of water in the "Strange Case" video. He's drinking out of a baby bottle-nipple and all. Anyway, it's water. If he fessed up to falling off the wagon in '81, there wouldn't be any reason to try and hide the fact if it had happened earlier. And yes, that was always water in the canteen on the 'Special Forces' tour.
(Renfield, July 1996)


I had always heard that 1981 was the year he started back up as well.

Not to discount Golf Monster, but since it claims that the Welcome To My Nightmare tour went on 2 years it's probably a good idea to "double check" some of the factual things with this site first.


I've got an audio nterview where Alice says it was a glass of wine with a meal that started him drinking again, sometime in the early 1980's.










_________________
Another Cold Beer by Steven Crayn feat in Kate Moss TV Ad


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:22 pm 
Offline
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:57 pm
Posts: 307
The worst songs propably are:

Poison
Unfinished Sweet
I'm The Coolest
(No More) Love At Your Convenience
Dyslexia
Deeper
Pessi-Mystic
Aspirin Damage
Leather Boots
Black Juju
Backyard Brawl
Feed My Frankenstein
Zorro's Ascent

Edit: I had to think School's Out again and realized that it's not that bad, so I took it out of my list. It's good... but nothing more ;)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:40 pm 
Offline
Killer
Killer

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 4:42 pm
Posts: 196
This is so easy:

Just play everything from Lace and Whiskey and Dirty Diamonds for the worst of Alice Cooper.

Nothing sucks worse than those two albums. :evil:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:02 am 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 1609
Location: York, England
i think gail's friend listed-hey bulldog...which album is that on-fan since 70s but dont recognise










_________________
You are an individual, just like everybody else.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:22 am 
Offline
Dada God
Dada God

Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:35 pm
Posts: 5577
>i think gail's friend listed-hey bulldog...which album is that on-fan since 70s but dont recognise

Go to http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/albums/a-butchering.php for more information.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:21 pm 
Offline
Killer
Killer

Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 11:44 pm
Posts: 114
Location: Richland Center, Wisconsin
WOW!!, gailsfriend's list had a ton of my fav. songs in it, that is a horrible list!










_________________
www.alicefan696.proboards84.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group



SickthingsUK is not associated with Alice Cooper, Alive Enterprises, Universal Records or any official entity.
This is an unofficial fan site.
I am NOT Alice Cooper, Brian Nelson, Toby Mamis OR Shep Gordon. Honest!
The SickthingsUK News Page and Site are copyright © 1997-2014; all rights reserved. Any duplication or reproduction of items on this page without permission is prohibited unless you provide a link please. Credits and acknowledgements are noted where known. No copyright infringement is intended.
I accept all news stories related to Alice Cooper; click here to contact me.
SickthingsUK is a participant in the Amazon Europe S.à r.l. Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.co.uk