Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

aliceclone12
Killer
Killer

Post by aliceclone12 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:14 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:
aliceclone12 wrote:Ok i will go for:

gutter cat vs the jet (i can't stand it anymore)
alma matter
nearly everything of muscle of love (that could cause debate)
i'm the coolest
wish i were born in beverly hills
leather boots (just pointless)
you look good in rags
i better be good
i am the future
everything from constrictor and raise your fist (except freedom)
everything from trash
snakebite
stolen prayer
cleansed by fire
eat some more
between high school and old school
i'm so angry
stand
perfect
i'm hungry

probably by tommorow it'll change ;)
*holding chest* Oh, wow...AC12....reading that list almost hurt me! Ok, well, not really....but dang, boy! :laugh:
the truth can hurt! lol
but those are just my opinion...
The words I speak are true, we're all humanary stew, if we don't pledge allegiance to, AC12

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:51 pm

Unholy War took a while to grow on me. Not a long while though.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

alicespoisonuk
Killer
Killer

Post by alicespoisonuk » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:46 pm

Feezle-Nuts wrote:Definitely shows different tastes. A few of my favorites are in there.
It does show just how different we all are when it comes to taste in what's hot and what's not when it comes to Alice. And that also goes to prove how diverse Alice is. Any other performer you would probably either love or hate them collectively!

There were alot on that list that I agreed with but then there were a few of my absolute favs on there too!

Hope that makes sense!

D
"You trade your soul for another taste....."

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:53 am

If Feezle Nuts doesn't like ACAS, he really wouldn't like The Pretty Things---S.F. Sorrow.

or would he???
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:15 pm

GailsFriend wrote:If Feezle Nuts doesn't like ACAS, he really wouldn't like The Pretty Things---S.F. Sorrow.

or would he???
What logical sense does that make?

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:18 pm

Can't see where Gails Friend is coming from on some of her choices for worst songs but it is all about opinions and here are mine in response.

I really love some of the songs on the first 2 albums especially on Easy Action which is the better of the two.

Black Ju Ju is awesome!

Man With The Golden Gun should have been used in the film a great effort from the Coop.

Just because Steven scared you ( it was supposed too!) how can that be one of the worst songs? it's one of the best!

No More Love At Your Conveinience love that one, Alice hated Disco but that Disco beat and strings still work on some of the Coops songs ifrom that period, including that one!

I am the Future is a classic! (I finally got the DVD of the Class of 84 having seen it years ago on Vid and it still stands up as a movie)

Scarlet and Sheba I love that song and think Da Da was his best of the 4 alternative 1980's albums.

Time To Kill I really like, In fact Raise Your Fist was a good album much better than Constrictor.

Trash is one of the better tracks on the Trash album and the Desmond Child /Diane Warren collaboration with Alice on Bed Of Nails the highlight of that album for me.

Burning Our Bed is a great ballad and Feed My Frankenstein a classic gore rocker from a really good album

The live return to the UK with The Special Forces tour and the For Britain Only 12 " single release really got us going here in the UK after a 7 year abscence. Love the venom of the lines "and lovely England my little kitten, deliriously Black Widow bitten"

Gotta also pick you up on Alice's version of Fire, I love the Hendrix original but the version Alice does is also really good, Stef Burns like a demon on that!

The Flash Fearless album as a whole is really good and I'm Flash is classic Cooper!

As for the songs I like the least it would be mainly from the Flush The Fashion, Special Forces and Zipper albums though even on those their are some gems notably Pain, Who Do You Think We Are and I Am The Future.

Some of the songs on Brutal Planet and Dragontown though I like it when Alice is heavy and mean I think lacked melody and for me Alice is at his best when he has that rock edge but with the tunes to go with it, which I think he has got back to on the new album, getting away from the jamming with the band to see what comes out as happened more on Eyes and Diamonds.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:23 pm

aliceclone12 wrote: nearly everything of muscle of love (that could cause debate)
Yeah it could it is a great album, but I can't be bothered trying to convince you, all I will say is give it another listen.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:32 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
aliceclone12 wrote: nearly everything of muscle of love (that could cause debate)
Yeah it could it is a great album, but I can't be bothered trying to convince you, all I will say is give it another listen.
a very clever album imo
let's play twister, let's play risk, yeah, yeah, yeah. yeah.hywel04@hotmail.com

Jason
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jason » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:23 pm

Baz wrote:Jason said ...

The ACG albums are exempt from this list because I love those albums. I never get tired of those 7 albums. A unique set of music. Obviously, many people would disagree with me on that but it's just my opinion.

I wouldn`t.
.....And there are also many people (like Baz) who would agree with me! :clap:
"Same as always, different as ever"

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:52 pm

Feezle Nuts,
What I was saying was, you said "the album sucks"--legimate point of view, but I feel it has a very classic rock--60's feel to it. Kind of reminds me of "S.F. Sorrow by The Pretty Things...or maybe The Who.

Both are concept albums....with similar sounds. If you don't like ACAS....you may not like S.F. Sorrow. I was hoping you would do some internet research and listen to S.F. Sorrow....maybe learn to appreciate the similarities.

Steven Crayn,
What I said at the beginning of this post, was that I thought there were songs that were "weaker", but not terrible. What is funny is that when I listen to them again....I love them all over again. So, really I agree with you.
It's hard for me to not like an Alice Cooper song. I just am trying to understand why people talk about how "terrible" certain songs are....I usually disagree because I am biased.
I mean, Feezle Nuts thinks that ACAS "sucks"---well, I will try to understand his point of view.....but, really I can't. I have listened to it now over 6 times, and love it.

Alice Cooper is brilliant, and could have been dead by 1983. I am grateful he's alive and well.....aren't you?

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:41 am

GailsFriend wrote:Alice Cooper is brilliant, and could have been dead by 1983.
If you're referring to his drinking, he could have been dead by '77. ;)

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Sat Jul 19, 2008 4:31 am

GailsFriend wrote: Feezle Nuts thinks that ACAS "sucks"---well, I will try to understand his point of view.....but, really I can't. I have listened to it now over 6 times, and love it.
Please don't try to understand it. Your ridiculous comments about Alice's worst songs being better than anything any other band has ever done has shown that you are unable to give an unbiased judgment.

I'm Pain
Killer
Killer

Post by I'm Pain » Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:09 am

Wow. There's mud all over the place with this topic. Since Alice has crossed over into many musical areas - this is really going to be a matter of the poster's musical tastes. I was so shocked by the first listing of "anything off PFY or EA" that I threw back my head and laughed until blood ran from my nose. I could argue the merits of both of these VERY creative efforts but it's pointless to someone who plays air guitar in their room to pop-dittys like "Poison." Just like fans of Bob Dylan - Alice's fans seem to gravitate to certian musical periods. Nothing wrong with that. It's just that all you're going to get here is a bunch of pissed off Cooperheads.

With that being said, I'd like to nominate the entire "Lace & Wiskey" album as my worst of..

Love to all..

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:13 am

Feezle Nuts,
My "ridiculous comments" show that I have a good grounding for good rock music. Alice Cooper is the foundation for a lot of bands that came after him. Why not give Alice the credit he deserves? He IS better than a lot of other bands, IMHO.....because he has done more and better with a lot less.

When Alice was drunk out of his mind during Flush, Special, Zipper and DaDa--he was able to create great music, on the brink of physical death.....look at the videos. He's not healthy. Most rock bands can barely survive poor album sales, let alone their chemical addictions.

Even though Alice has nearly half of his catalog out of print, and poor promotional issues, He continues to create good or great music when other bands can barely handle what musical direction to go in.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:05 am

GailsFriend wrote:When Alice was drunk out of his mind during Flush, Special, Zipper and DaDa--.
I was under the impression that he started drinking again during Dada, not as early as Flush The Fashion.
Last edited by Shoesalesman on Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:13 am

GailsFriend wrote:on the brink of physical death.....look at the videos. He's not healthy.
I thought he kept the circulation going just fine during his Clones dance from the Paris Special. ;)

He was thin, but close to death? Not sure I follow.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:18 am

Hmmm, I think he DID start drinking as early as FTF. I'm basing this on having pulled out Golf Monster just now.

p. 181

Yet that one sip of wine pulled the trigger.

Next thing I knew, once I got back home, I was hiding bottles all over the house. At this point, everybody trusted me because I had gone so long without the slightest taste of alcohol. Nobody gave it a second thought when I said I was going out to grab some Cokes. Instead I was buying a pint here, a pint there, and stashing them. I was back to being a full-blown alcoholic.

My relapse put me back in the fog. As a result, I made four albums I hardly remember writing, recording, or touring on: Flush the Fashion in 1980,
, SF in '81, ZCS in '82 and Dada in '83.

Using "as a result" there...seems to me he was drinking at that earlier point....pretty much as soon as it ticked over to the 80s.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:43 am

I always thought Alice's dry period after he got clean in the 70s was longer than a year or so... if he did start drinking again in 1980. I'm going to do some reading here....
Last edited by Shoesalesman on Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:12 am

Gailsfriend, you're referring to when Alice was in the hospital for a few weeks in 1983? I was reading in Timelines and it mentions his time after Dada, his liver problems and it does say "close to death" with Behind The Music in brackets at the end.
Last edited by Shoesalesman on Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:20 am

Yeah, Alice was bad by From The Inside---y'know that story--but he was falling apart by '79. Vomiting blood and everything.....

I think U2 is the only band that has continued since Alice released Flush The Fashion.....is there others?