Greg Hampton Interview

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:34 pm

Baz wrote: What does he mean by that answer ? Is he saying Ozzy`s harnonica piece was planned that long ago.
Am I missing something ?
I interpreted it as this was a song brought to the sessions for Alice that had previously been worked on by Danny and Ozzy for a different project.

That might be how Ozzy ended up playing the harmonica on it since it was a song he was involved on previously.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:37 pm

Maybe, but i can`t tell by the reply given.
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:41 pm

Ozzy also wouldn't have gotten a writing credit for playing harmonica so this sounds plausible to me.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:51 pm

TeresofBlood wrote:So the producers must not have liked something about those musicians.
Who really knows. There could be LOTS of reasons for making the decisions they made about who would perform what. May not have anything to do with the band itself.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

BellaDonna
Killer
Killer

Post by BellaDonna » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:20 am

Good questions: interesting answers.

Good Job, guys.

BD
..We're finally alone. Wash the dust from your hair now, I don't care if you ever get home..

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:40 am

don't forget perhaps the band was busy doing other things as well.I would put alice first,but I also can't fault anyone for side projects like kerri's band or chucks studio,etc.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:36 pm

Well, given that Greg and Danny were intimately involved in the songwriting process, it's not surprising they played on the material given they are musicians.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Greg Hampton Interview

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:43 pm

glamprincess wrote:
Hywel, in the top right corner of someone else's post is a quote function. You should click on that and then put your response after the "quote" because you keep mixing your post with the other person's post and it confuses the reader. See above. His comment about Greg Hampton got meshed with your comment "well he aint gonna say its crap is he?" Also because I'm sure the other poster doesn't want it to look like he posted what you wrote either.
I've also pointed this out though not as diplomatically as you Glam Princess and my post got removed, I could learn much from your calmness, the wonder of a womans touch :clap:
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:09 pm

hywel wrote:

sorry. is this right.

No, but if I leave a space after the word quote is used in tags (which you wouldn't normally do) i can demonstrate how it works

[quote ="name of person"] their message which if edited you need to close the tag like this [/quote ]

So not leaving a space would give you
name of person wrote: their message which if edited you need to close the tag like this
Last edited by steven_crayn on Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:11 pm

Great interview well done Si and well done Greg for co producing and co writing a great album in my opinion.

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:37 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
glamprincess wrote:
Hywel, in the top right corner of someone else's post is a quote function. You should click on that and then put your response after the "quote" because you keep mixing your post with the other person's post and it confuses the reader. See above. His comment about Greg Hampton got meshed with your comment "well he aint gonna say its crap is he?" Also because I'm sure the other poster doesn't want it to look like he posted what you wrote either.
I've also pointed this out though not as diplomatically as you Glam Princess and my post got removed, I could learn much from your calmness, the wonder of a womans touch :clap:
ok hows this?
let's play twister, let's play risk, yeah, yeah, yeah. yeah.hywel04@hotmail.com

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:00 pm

hywel wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:
glamprincess wrote:
ok hows this?
Nice one hywel and sorry for losing my rag earlier but I am Mister Angry sometimes, I'm a nice guy really.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:01 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
Well thank you, Steven Crayn, for those kind words. I would have posted a reply sooner but I was out of town for a few days.