Battle axe too young video?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

aliceclone12
Killer
Killer

Battle axe too young video?

Post by aliceclone12 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:59 pm

I was reading about the battle axe album and there was something about a video being made to 'too young' the first track off the album, is this availlable anywhere or was it never used or something, someone please help?
The words I speak are true, we're all humanary stew, if we don't pledge allegiance to, AC12

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:11 pm

I don't recall ever seeing anthing.

aliceclone12
Killer
Killer

Post by aliceclone12 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:36 pm

heres what it says in case you can't find it:

This is too weird! I was just "surfin'" along and stumbled upon this discussion. I am glad to see that Michael Bruce is still in action! And in DALLAS yet, where I am. Get this -- believe it or not, in the late 80s I directed a Michael Bruce music video, which actually aired here and there -- the song, "TOO YOUNG," I guess from his first attempt at an album after breaking up with Alice Cooper? I'm not even sure. It was a situation where Bruce had done this album but couldn't appear in the video because of health problems. The producer dude needed somebody to make a video of the projected "hit," "TOO YOUNG" (which is very much like "I'M 18") but on NO BUDGET and WITHOUT MICHAEL BRUCE. For $5,000, my pals and I managed to make a... video... can't call it a GREAT video... that told a story about a young girl sneaking out at night and trying to act like she was old enough to drink. Or something like that. The producer made us attach this perverted ending wherein the young girl had a car wreck and died... WHO CAN EXPLAIN RECORD PRODUCER TYPES??!?!?

We mainly just tried to have lots of images of a cute gal partying and imagining ghostly rock stars serenading her and her parents smashing Michael Bruce records and throwing them into the fireplace -- real generic stuff I guess. Considering the budget, it's technically a pretty professional looking video. Conceptually, it's a lame attempt to make a video for a rock star without ever showing the rock
star... go figure.

The "TOO YOUNG" video was produced by the company "TELEMUSIC" which was then run by a guy named Bob Stevens. Bob hired me to direct and/or edit and/or animate these various odball music video jobs. The fanciest one we were involved with was DEVO's "R.U. EXPERIENCED."

"TOO YOUNG" was the lowest budgeted of them.

(Rev. Ivan Stang, February 1998)
The words I speak are true, we're all humanary stew, if we don't pledge allegiance to, AC12

aliceclone12
Killer
Killer

Post by aliceclone12 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:20 pm

It can also be found here on sickthings:
http://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/albums/a-battleaxe.php

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:44 pm

Ah... now I recall what you are refering to hahaha

aliceclone12
Killer
Killer

Post by aliceclone12 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:51 pm

so do you know of it, or ever seen it?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:55 pm

Obviously I knew of it (its mentioned on MY site haha) but had forgotten.
No I have never seen it.

aliceclone12
Killer
Killer

Post by aliceclone12 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:10 pm

lol, ty anyway