Creeping Negativity

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Loomis
Killer
Killer

Creeping Negativity

Post by Loomis » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:51 pm

I know I am not the only one to notice all the negativity creeping it's way through the forums here. It is taking form in the criticisms of ACAS. I understand and appreciate that everyone has a right to their opinions as well as the right to express them. Just because you have the right to espress your opinions,does not mean you HAVE to exercise that right. And yes I understand people being disappointed with the forthcoming album.

The negativity has also manifested itself in the current trend of heated debates that often resort to personal attacks. I appreciate debate over a variety of issues, yet do not find myself getting involved in any of them here. While I am a big fan of Mr. Cooper, his music, career among other things; he does not rule my life.

I have very strong, well informed opinions and have no problems stating them if need be. If you really knew me, you would find that very surprising. I am actually quite surprised I am not fighting with many of you here on various things.

My point is, that the tones and attitudes here, are starting to drive me away. While I am sure no one would really care or miss me if I stopped participating here, and that is fine; but does anyone want this forum to go the way of so many other forums; and fall apart? I have seen it happen on many message boards where this becomes the norm.

Then again, maybe I am the common thread in all of them.
:/

Just some things to consider. And yes I realize I did not have to express my opinions here, but I did it for purely selfless reasons.
Progressives are scariest thing on the planet.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:55 pm

Good post, and ofcourse you would be missed if you stopped posting here.

:)

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Re: Creeping Negativity

Post by WickedYoungMan » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:29 pm

Loomis wrote:I know I am not the only one to notice all the negativity creeping it's way through the forums here. It is taking form in the criticisms of ACAS. I understand and appreciate that everyone has a right to their opinions as well as the right to express them. Just because you have the right to espress your opinions,does not mean you HAVE to exercise that right. And yes I understand people being disappointed with the forthcoming album.
Personally, I think that could apply to any type of opinion. However, I don't think any people who are posting negative reactions are doing it just for the heck of it either.

It would seem you're more concerned about the personal attacks than the album opinions, which is perfectly fine and understandable. Just know from what I've observed in the past week that the other mods are working very hard on this and keeping a very close eye on the situation, so I hope you don't feel discouraged from participating in discussions with the rest of us or let a couple of people turn you away. Of course, if someone gives you any problems or you feel offended by something, let a mod know or "report the post" and one of them will address it.
Me = Winning

Erickana
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Erickana » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:30 pm

We should be only happy that Alice keep doing albums, that's the matter to me, a lot of my favorites bands , don't do albums anymore so at least it's not the case with Alice !

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:52 pm

Loomis wrote:but does anyone want this forum to go the way of so many other forums; and fall apart? I have seen it happen on many message boards where this becomes the norm.
We've (and I mean EVERYONE here) been through tough times before and we will continue to fight evil in the future. When you have folks with different backgrounds and creeds, you'll get some tension. It's natural. But how we deal with it is the catch.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Guilty
Killer
Killer

Post by Guilty » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:35 pm

alice is like good cheese, - the older, the stronger.
bring on -
along came a spider! :clap:
i'm guilty an i think i've been framed anyway

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:38 pm

How does older cheese = stronger cheese?
Me = Winning

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:52 pm

WickedYoungMan wrote:How does older cheese = stronger cheese?
Sounds like you need to learn about cheese... we're talking real cheese... not crap like Velveeta.

from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese#Aging

Aging

A newborn cheese is usually salty yet bland in flavor and, for harder varieties, rubbery in texture. These qualities are sometimes enjoyed—cheese curds are eaten on their own—but normally cheeses are left to rest under carefully controlled conditions. This aging period (also called ripening, or, from the French, affinage) can last from a few days to several years. As a cheese ages, microbes and enzymes transform its texture and intensify its flavor. This transformation is largely a result of the breakdown of casein proteins and milkfat into a complex mix of amino acids, amines, and fatty acids.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:55 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
WickedYoungMan wrote:How does older cheese = stronger cheese?
from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheese#Aging

Aging
His definition is gouda nuff for me!

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:12 pm

Cheese jokes. Okay... this is new.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Alicehunter2000
Killer
Killer

Post by Alicehunter2000 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:21 pm

Loomis........I'm with you man.
"Your as Stiff as my Smoking Barrel"

Jason
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jason » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:27 pm

Shoesalesman wrote:
Loomis wrote:but does anyone want this forum to go the way of so many other forums; and fall apart? I have seen it happen on many message boards where this becomes the norm.
We've (and I mean EVERYONE here) been through tough times before and we will continue to fight evil in the future. When you have folks with different backgrounds and creeds, you'll get some tension. It's natural. But how we deal with it is the catch.

Well said Shoey! :clap:
"Same as always, different as ever"

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:34 pm

I just skim or skip over the stuff that doesn't interest me.
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

Jaded
Garric Stalker
Garric Stalker

Post by Jaded » Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:59 am

As both WYM and Shoey have said, We have 6 people (scattered in different time zones) that work very hard to keep this board on the right track. We discuss the hot topics and point out to each other where the problems are of the day.
I'm not having a go at you, but I don't think you have any idea how stressful running and moderating a board like this is.

Tempers always flair up when there's a new realese, and with the tour on top of it..Its just that time again! Were you around when DD was realesed? This is only the beginning... :grin:

I can assure you the moderators are doing the best they can dealing with the situations that occur.
If you have any more issues, please contact a moderator for a private chat. I would rather not have topics like this on the main forum.
I take life with a grain of salt...
A wedge of lime, and a shot of tequila.