sales for the albums

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

sales for the albums

Post by scotty » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:35 pm

does anyone know where on the net you can find the sales for alice's albums? is there a place that keeps that info?
thanks in advance :)

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:09 pm

There is no place to find the sales figures, and I have never found a way to get them.

MetalSludge used to have some US-ONLY sales figures, but even then they only started counting at a certain date not that many years ago.

Because of all the countries involved, and record companies etc I think an accurate count would be near impossible unless you were Alice's accountant.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:40 pm

well,I'll just see if he needs an accountant then! thanks anyway,si.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:41 am

Si wrote:There is no place to find the sales figures, and I have never found a way to get them.

MetalSludge used to have some US-ONLY sales figures, but even then they only started counting at a certain date not that many years ago.

Because of all the countries involved, and record companies etc I think an accurate count would be near impossible unless you were Alice's accountant.
Right. If anyone has access to "Soundscan" you can get the info but that's only for people such as true insiders. To further your point, Soundscan only came into place in 1991.

For what it's worth, the "latest" Soundscan update came two years ago on Metal Sludge (Keep in mind, those are U.S. sales only).

http://www.metalsludge.tv/phpBB2/viewto ... 819520f0c3
Me = Winning

Erickana
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Erickana » Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:33 am

Sadly it going down south....

but i'm happy to know that Hey Stoopid was a success, i thought that Trash was number 1 for sales from this era

surprise also to know that constrictor sold the double of Raise, for me the 2 albums are a must...

I hope the new album will sell at least like Brutal Planet

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:20 am

Erickana wrote:but i'm happy to know that Hey Stoopid was a success, i thought that Trash was number 1 for sales from this era

surprise also to know that constrictor sold the double of Raise, for me the 2 albums are a must...
Remember that the sales numbers in this report for these albums were only **from 1991** onward so the albums released prior to 1991 sold way more than what is indicated. For example, Trash actually sold way over a million copies but then sold an additional 216,000 copies later on. So Trash was indeed the most successful of these albums. Constrictor and Raise Your Fist and Yell were also released prior to 1991 so they sold much more than this too. In fact, they sold quite a lot of copies considering this is sales after 1991 only.

Erickana
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Erickana » Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:46 am

ok now i understand

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:28 am

belated thanks-with pretty decent buzz,I think spider will do very respectable