Erickana
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Songs that Alice don't want to play anymore live

Post by Erickana » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:26 pm

In his book, ALice said that he don't want to play some songs anymore on tour
like :

Spark in the Dark, Trash....

What parts of the lyrics are too offensive ?

What songs he already played live, that now, it's a no-no ? and why do you think these songs are on the "black list" ?

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:34 pm

I assume you're talking about Golf Monster. For me, I believe it's the quantity of lyrics that refer to sex. I know, he's done songs about sex since then, but they seem to be overly implied on TRASH...
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Coopenstein
Trash
Trash

Post by Coopenstein » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:39 pm

I believe he also has mentioned "Bed Of Nails" in an interview a few years back - and then he played it in Greece in 2004! And he also played "Trash" a late as 2002. A bit odd isn't it? I mean it's not like he's swearing/using really bad words, or telling people to go get laid asap... Not that I ever WANT to hear "Trash" in the show again, but I find Alice's decision a bit strange. :-)

I mean, why is doing "I Love The Dead" (sex with the dead!) and "Poison" more OK, than singing "Spark In The Dark"? Well, ILTD is kind of a "show stopper" with the execution, and an important part of the show, and "Poison" was one of his biggest hits ever, so it has to be in the show. Even if it has quite sexy lyrics as well, right?
Bits N Pieces, Coopenstein Inc.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:47 am

Note that Alice doesn't SING 'I Love The Dead' and hasn't for some time.

ThePainAddict
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ThePainAddict » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:42 am

I am not sure that there is any song Alice won't ever play, regardless of his well-intended comments. It seems that he has just wrestled with what is appropriate for his character at any given time. He clearly has no problem with singing songs in character, and doings acts, which don't reflect his personal lifestyle/beliefs. Perhaps, it is his perception of the audiences ability to understand his rationale. Of course, market factors do come in to play. I would love the hear him actually sing ILtD, which would also seems to work in great with the ACaS.

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:16 am

Si wrote:Note that Alice doesn't SING 'I Love The Dead' and hasn't for some time.
Also it seems to me that instead of it being used as a song about necrophilia, it is used as an an endearment to Alice who has just been killed.
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

Jason
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jason » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:41 am

Yeah, the chorus is the only part that is played from "I Love The Dead". Always after Alice has been executed. The band sings it!

It's the post-execution costume change. Same as Eric Singer's drum solo. Alice gets to take a breather, change outfits and the band holds it down out front.

"I Love The Dead" has it's purpose in the Alice Cooper show, when it's called upon. Although, "Cold Ethyl" still gets played and it's essentially about the same thing.
"Same as always, different as ever"

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:58 pm

Coopenstein wrote:
I mean, why is doing "I Love The Dead" (sex with the dead!)
It's called a black sense of humour.

Also Alice as he has said in the past likes to play songs live that lean towards the stage production, I Love The Dead is one such song.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV