Alice Inflatable in the River Thames 1975

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Alice Inflatable in the River Thames 1975

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:02 pm

All this talk of a so called media blitz made me think of the giant Alice inflatable that fell into the River Thames in 75 during the publicity for the Welcome to My Nightmare UK dates, I'm sure it made the national press over here, wasn't it The Daily Mirror front page or page 3?

Andy Michael will be able to throw some light on this.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:12 pm

>All this talk of a so called media blitz made me think of the giant Alice inflatable that fell into the River Thames in 75

I don't think I remember anything about it falling in. It's possible that it did.

> I'm sure it made the national press over here, wasn't it The Daily Mirror front page or page 3?

Yes. I think I may have that article.

DaveJay
Killer
Killer

Post by DaveJay » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:27 am

.....I think I remember that it was supposed to inflate, and the pic in the Mirror at the time showed it on it's side (Looking rather sad....) because it didn't fully inflate, for some reason....I think....
Billion Dollar Boobles!!!

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:46 am

DaveJay wrote:.....I think I remember that it was supposed to inflate, and the pic in the Mirror at the time showed it on it's side (Looking rather sad....) because it didn't fully inflate, for some reason....I think....
thats inflation for you.

i had never heard of this until i saw a pic on the net a few years back.
let's play twister, let's play risk, yeah, yeah, yeah. yeah.hywel04@hotmail.com

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:12 am

DaveJay wrote:.....I think I remember that it was supposed to inflate, and the pic in the Mirror at the time showed it on it's side (Looking rather sad....) because it didn't fully inflate, for some reason....I think....
I think you are right
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV