Born to be an Alice fan

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

DaveJay
Killer
Killer

Post by DaveJay » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:39 am

...My mother worked as a Midwife in Detroit, and on 4th Feb,1948, she dragged me into the delivery room, pointed at a child and said "Look....that kid's gonna be a star."...). ....Oh, Alright, I made that up....The 1972 UK Top Of The Pops performance of "School's out" Got me comperletely Hooked....and I haven't stopped Wrigglin' since....
Billion Dollar Boobles!!!

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:38 pm

Great thread Steven.
When I first heard about Alice Cooper, he was still too "dangerous" for a little girl (which I was at that time) like me to be a fan so I did not become a fan right away. After Billion Dollar Babies, Alice was part of the mainstream and started to seem less scary as the world discovered that the man behind the mask was really a heterosexual guy with a sense of humour who even laughed at himself. He even made it into 16 Magazine where little girls like me could read about him! I enjoyed hearing the song "Hello Hooray" on the radio as that was the big hit single off of B$B in Canada.
I really became hooked though when I saw Alice on the 1974 Grammy awards and then the following week he appeared on the Snoop Sisters as a warlock. I remember watching the Grammy Awards and everyone other than Alice Cooper was wearing a conservative suit. Then Alice came on with his long hair and he was wearing a leather jacket with no shirt underneath!! He just seemed so rebellious and cool. There was also a lot of media coverage over the fact that he was guesting on the Snoop Sisters as Alice was a huge huge star and everything he did generated press in those days. So, I watched him on the Snoop Sisters and I was hooked....to my parents' chagrin! :grin:
Susie

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:51 pm

glamprincess wrote:Great thread Steven.
When I first heard about Alice Cooper, he was still too "dangerous" for a little girl (which I was at that time) like me to be a fan so I did not become a fan right away. After Billion Dollar Babies, Alice was part of the mainstream and started to seem less scary as the world discovered that the man behind the mask was really a heterosexual guy with a sense of humour who even laughed at himself. He even made it into 16 Magazine where little girls like me could read about him! I enjoyed hearing the song "Hello Hooray" on the radio as that was the big hit single off of B$B in Canada.
I really became hooked though when I saw Alice on the 1974 Grammy awards and then the following week he appeared on the Snoop Sisters as a warlock. I remember watching the Grammy Awards and everyone other than Alice Cooper was wearing a conservative suit. Then Alice came on with his long hair and he was wearing a leather jacket with no shirt underneath!! He just seemed so rebellious and cool. There was also a lot of media coverage over the fact that he was guesting on the Snoop Sisters as Alice was a huge huge star and everything he did generated press in those days. So, I watched him on the Snoop Sisters and I was hooked....to my parents' chagrin! :grin:
Susie
Cheers glamprincess, The Snoop Sisters performance of Sick Things was great everything Alice put his hands to around that time was pure gold.

Lulu even said a few years ago that she was surprised that Man With The Golden Gun wasn't used in the Bond film instead of her song as "Alice was the biggest star in the world at that time" I have this on video when they appeared together on the BBC, I must put it on you tube!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Fri Jul 04, 2008 8:31 pm

Alice had said that they were just too late submitting their song and the studio had already commited to Lulu's song.
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!