Video - 1980 Toronto Riots - Alice's No Show"

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:52 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:I totally think Alice does reach a younger audience. I've seen lots of children/teens/early20s at his shows. And they all seem to be having a good time! I actually get a lot of kids at school coming to me saying they heard his radio show and really liked it, and that they're listening more.
maybe its down to coditioning, listening to alice via parents or siblings.
let's play twister, let's play risk, yeah, yeah, yeah. yeah.hywel04@hotmail.com

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:12 pm

Haha! That's the funny part! My Dad went to a show on the B$B tour....which I didn't know 'til after I decided I liked Alice and took HIM to a show for HIS birthday. Also, he didn't own a single coop vinyl/CD.

And when Alice started singing his second song? I turned to my Dad and said "Wait...HE sings this?!" Yeah...the song was No More Mr. Nice Guy. I'd heard it, but had NO idea Alice sang it. All I knew was that he golfed a little and sang "School's Out." "No More Mr. Nice Guy" turned out to be familiar..."18"a bit familiar, and I recognized "Feed My Frankenstein" from Wayne's World. When he got to "Poison," I turned to my brother and asked how he knew the song. I had no idea! I honestly can't remember ever hearing "Poison" before the show.

So, for me, it truly was the live show that hooked me. Loved it.
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Thu Jul 03, 2008 3:13 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:Haha! That's the funny part! My Dad went to a show on the B$B tour....which I didn't know 'til after I decided I liked Alice and took HIM to a show for HIS birthday. Also, he didn't own a single coop vinyl/CD.

And when Alice started singing his second song? I turned to my Dad and said "Wait...HE sings this?!" Yeah...the song was No More Mr. Nice Guy. I'd heard it, but had NO idea Alice sang it. All I knew was that he golfed a little and sang "School's Out." "No More Mr. Nice Guy" turned out to be familiar..."18"a bit familiar, and I recognized "Feed My Frankenstein" from Wayne's World. When he got to "Poison," I turned to my brother and asked how he knew the song. I had no idea! I honestly can't remember ever hearing "Poison" before the show.

So, for me, it truly was the live show that hooked me. Loved it.
like i said maybe.

my kids love alice cooper music, they also like other genres too.

i honestly didnt try to brainwash them, but my son loves early alice cooper group music. so maybe there is a little truth in my case anyway. funny but neither mention my favourite era flush etc.
let's play twister, let's play risk, yeah, yeah, yeah. yeah.hywel04@hotmail.com

Jason
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jason » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:18 am

For me, the age of people at a concert is irrelevent. It's impossible not to notice other people at a concert. I'm not there to see the audience anyway! But the last couple of times I've seen Alice live, the age range ran from little kids right up to people in their '60's! There's nothing wrong with that, that's the great thing about being a fan of anyone or anything, you can be any age.

I picked up on Alice Cooper via my Dad at about 4 years old! The original band in particular hooked me very early on. I was terrified of the pictures on the album covers ("Killer", the eyes inside the LITD album) but I loved the music! They were the only band, ever I might add, that made me feel nervous and weak in the knees! And the bizarre part is that I've been a fan ever since. I'm 34.

But back to the original topic, I have some of these news clips on a bootleg DVD I picked up a couple of years ago. That wouldn't happen now, too much security floating about at concerts. And something like "Toledo '73" happened for a different reason, it wasn't caused by a no show, but by a bunch of morons who took things way too seriously!
"Same as always, different as ever"