Which AC show would you time-travel to?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: SickThings, Devon, Si, Gorehound, Shoesalesman

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 1:24 am
Location: Canada

Which AC show would you time-travel to?

Post by glamprincess » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:46 pm

Assuming you could jump into a time-travel machine and go back and see a past Alice Cooper show and/or tour.....which one(s) would you choose?
I would love to travel back and see a show from the Killer, School's Out or Billion Dollar Babies tours. ( I did see the Welcome to My Nightmare show even though I am only 29 years old.....)
Specific shows I would have loved to see: I would have loved to see the infamous 1972 show at the Hollywood Bowl where paper panties were dropped on the audience from a helicopter. I would have also loved to see the late 1972 show at the Philadelphia Spectrum where there were 55,000 people in the audience and the ACG were becoming the biggest band in the world. And I would have loved to see Alice at the B$B show at Madison Square Garden in New York City in the spring of 1973. Especially to see Alice wearing his lovely leopard-skin boots with lipstick smears.
Last edited by glamprincess on Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder
Posts: 1408
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 11:59 am
Location: Still Outside Your Bedroom Window

Post by WickedYoungMan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:49 pm

To the 2007 tour where he had a chance of premiering ACAS tracks... ;)
Me = Winning

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 370
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:50 pm
Location: Japan

Post by ElectedPlus » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:15 pm

A trash show ... one with a decent crowd. At that time he was very well established and becoming extremely popular again, so there would be great feeling in the crowd - it's very hard rocking, very theatrical, and backed up with good musicians.

OR

Nightmare Returns show - the detroit one that was filmed. THAT looks like a gigantic venue and crowd ... of course, as any self respecting fan would see from the endless repeats of watching the video over and over again ... Alice and co. hit the sweet spot at every moment.

OR

A Welcome to my Nightmare / B$B show ... to see Alice in his drinking days, and to actually see how much different he is from the sober days. Currently, all that can be seen is grainy footage.... it would be so much different in the life sized, HQ, surround sounding experience of actually being there in person.

Come to think of it, that last option seems the most appealing to me.

User avatar
Alicehunter2000
Killer
Killer
Posts: 168
Joined: Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:54 pm
Location: Panama City Florida
Contact:

Post by Alicehunter2000 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:46 pm

I would have loved to see a LITD show after 18 became a hit. Maybe in a smaller enthusiastic venue........when Alice was still an odd and dangerous act.
"Your as Stiff as my Smoking Barrel"

User avatar
nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1262
Joined: Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:51 am
Location: Eureka, CA
Contact:

Post by nimsowner » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:48 pm

Brutal Planet again!
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

User avatar
Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid
Posts: 15171
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:39 pm
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Contact:

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:20 pm

Killer era
Flush The Fashion era
The Nightmare Returns tour
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 5383
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:35 pm

Post by A_MichaelUK » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:26 pm

>A Welcome to my Nightmare / B$B show ... to see Alice in his drinking days, and to actually see how much different he is from the sober days. Currently, all that can be seen is grainy footage....

I don't remember the DVDs being that bad.

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 370
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:50 pm
Location: Japan

Post by ElectedPlus » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:32 am

They where a bit grainy, tho granted - not much. Maybe it's more that it was soft around the edges, colours being a bit 'dampened' and the overall clarity of picture not being as great as Brutally Live of Montreux.... which comes as no surprise.

But really, all that I can go on for seeing Alice in his sober years is the sharp modern footage (Brutally Live and Montreux being the main 2) and most importantly the experience of seeing it live a good few times myself.

As for the older shows - yeah, for me (and many of the teen / 20 something fans) all there is is said old footage alone - and of course is not as accurate as to what the show would look like if you where to see it physically infront of you...which is close to what is now seen on HD.

But even if, somehow, such footage was shot with the same cameras that caught Brutally Live or Montreux, I'd still be wanting to go back to actually experience with a few mates. No DVD can capture that experience (fortunately, I'd prob have OD'd on it by now). But I'd have a more accurate and vivid image of what it would look like, and what to expect.

Also ... the advantage of having such a time machine would be to skip all the years between. If you make a big leap from one time to another, you'd have a more 'side by side' comparison .. with the experience of one gig fresh in your head before going to the next show 30 years down the line. The more I think about it, the more certain I am I'd go to Welcome to my Nightmare / B$B.

alienspice
Killer
Killer
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2004 3:31 pm
Location: pittsburgh
Contact:

Post by alienspice » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:30 am

It might be seen as a waste of a time trip, but I think I would travel back to my first Alice show, from the Rock and Roll Carnival tour in 1997. My memories of it are very powerful yet very vague, and I would love to experience it all over again with the full knowledge that it was a night that would change my life.
you look like you'd fit in the trunk of my car

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby
Posts: 356
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:15 pm
Location: Ohio

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:39 am

Hey Stoopid Tour. Was the album I fell in love with all those years ago.

User avatar
Cozzie
Killer
Killer
Posts: 203
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:45 pm
Location: Bathurst

Post by Cozzie » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:28 am

The Flush The Fashion/Special Forces era because I love the songs and would have loved to see the fans reaction to the 'new' Alice.

smanomega
Killer
Killer
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:26 pm
Location: Under your bed in Canada

Post by smanomega » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:35 am

Feezle-Nuts wrote:Hey Stoopid Tour. Was the album I fell in love with all those years ago.
Same here its the only one I missed since seeing him on trash tour 18 years ago

And he played generation landslide in the set a BDB favorite of mine
Or Maybe the special forces tour (dark period) Course If I were smart I'd just remember the winning lotto numbers, go back and play them. I'd pay to have a semi private concert where I choose the set list.

User avatar
While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1298
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:20 pm
Location: UK

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:55 am

alienspice wrote:It might be seen as a waste of a time trip, but I think I would travel back to my first Alice show, from the Rock and Roll Carnival tour in 1997. My memories of it are very powerful yet very vague, and I would love to experience it all over again with the full knowledge that it was a night that would change my life.
Snap! That was my first Alice show @ The Astoria in London

A fantastic gig, probably still my favourite. His band were fantastic on that tour too

User avatar
hywel
Killer
Killer
Posts: 213
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:10 pm
Location: wales

Post by hywel » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:14 am

While Heaven Wept wrote:
alienspice wrote:It might be seen as a waste of a time trip, but I think I would travel back to my first Alice show, from the Rock and Roll Carnival tour in 1997. My memories of it are very powerful yet very vague, and I would love to experience it all over again with the full knowledge that it was a night that would change my life.
Snap! That was my first Alice show @ The Astoria in London

A fantastic gig, probably still my favourite. His band were fantastic on that tour too
i was at the astoria show too. i agree it was fantastic, alice really seemed to get into it. he really looked like he was having fun. i have this show on vid somewher.

timetravel/

has to be the flush and a love it to death show.
let's play twister, let's play risk, yeah, yeah, yeah. yeah.hywel04@hotmail.com

User avatar
While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1298
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:20 pm
Location: UK

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:12 pm

hywel wrote:
While Heaven Wept wrote:
alienspice wrote:It might be seen as a waste of a time trip, but I think I would travel back to my first Alice show, from the Rock and Roll Carnival tour in 1997. My memories of it are very powerful yet very vague, and I would love to experience it all over again with the full knowledge that it was a night that would change my life.
Snap! That was my first Alice show @ The Astoria in London

A fantastic gig, probably still my favourite. His band were fantastic on that tour too
i was at the astoria show too. i agree it was fantastic, alice really seemed to get into it. he really looked like he was having fun. i have this show on vid somewher.

timetravel/

has to be the flush and a love it to death show.
Wow, i would love to see that video! Which date is the video from as i seem to recall he played 2 nights?

Evan442
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew
Posts: 50
Joined: Wed Aug 17, 2005 4:20 am
Location: Pittsburgh
Contact:

Post by Evan442 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:43 pm

KILLER or RAISE YOUR FIST AND YELL tour
myspace.com/himelnator
myspace.com/chopx3

User avatar
steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1813
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2005 3:56 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:44 pm

Fantastic thread Glam Princess i've often thought about this (now where is that flux capacitor! :evil: )

I've seen gigs from all the UK tours since the 1980's so it would have to be something from the 1970's either the Welcome To My Nightmare show at Liverpool 75 (seeing as Wembley was filmed) or Last Killer show 72 Wembley (with Roxy Music supporting!) or Schools Out show Green's Playhouse Glasgow (the famous gig that made the national press here with the picture of that girl with her arms outstrectched) or Love It To Death 71 Birmingham, England.

Those are just the gigs from the UK which I'm jealous of those that were lucky and old enough to have seen.

Of those shows you lucky Americans got that didn't come to the UK I would go for Billion Dollar Babies Boston Gardens 73 and From The Inside San Diego 79 as my favourites.

So that is 6 time travels! and if I had to choose one I'd go for Welcome To My Nightmare at Liverpool 75.

It would be interesting to hear from those lucky enough to have seen Alice live in the 1970's either in this thread or a new one. How good was it in the flesh?

At least we have the videos from the 1970's but nothing can beat the real thing.
Another Cold Beer by Steven Crayn on iTunes, Amazon and Spotify featured on TV

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 757
Joined: Mon May 23, 2005 1:24 am
Location: Canada

Post by glamprincess » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:03 pm

Feezle-Nuts wrote:Hey Stoopid Tour. Was the album I fell in love with all those years ago.
That was a great show. Alice brought back the split screen and this was one of my personal faves of the post-70s tours.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 5383
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:35 pm

Post by A_MichaelUK » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:15 pm

>Schools Out show Green's Playhouse Glasgow (the famous gig that made the national press here with the picture of that girl with her arms outstrectched)

Which publication was this? There was a local Scottish newspaper that had this on the front - cover.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God
Posts: 1946
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2005 5:49 am
Location: United States

Post by NotSoPerfect » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:18 pm

Man....we only get ONE trip? This'll take some thought.....I've got pretty much ALL of them to pick from since I became a fan at a DD concert I barely wanted to see--and saw 4 more times! Haha! And then saw lots of the PD shows (and will again this year).

But, other than that......wow. SO many to choose from for SO many reasons!!!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Post Reply