the last temptation

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:34 pm

aliceclone12 wrote:it would be great as a movie but we've experienced alice being in movies before, some don't turn out as good as expected, but if neil gaiman would help out maybe...
If a film itself is crap, you can't blame the actors. :grin:

Alice has added his influence in what he's done on-screen, from Diary Of A Mad Housewife to today. He's made the best out of the roles given to him.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:07 pm

Shoesalesman wrote:
aliceclone12 wrote:it would be great as a movie but we've experienced alice being in movies before, some don't turn out as good as expected, but if neil gaiman would help out maybe...

Alice has added his influence in what he's done on-screen, from Diary Of A Mad Housewife to today. He's made the best out of the roles given to him.
are you kidding?
let's play twister, let's play risk, yeah, yeah, yeah. yeah.hywel04@hotmail.com

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:03 pm

Nope! Not at all! My Dad and I love it live too. Everytime when he says "ain't got a car" and makes the driving pantomime...if you were near myDad and I...you'd see us doing it too!

Though.....I gotta say...it's a catchy bit of music, and maybe because the lyrics are simpler...I went home with that one practically memorized after seeing him live once. It stuck in my mind, and I love it live!

Though...I DO agree when people say it's not really representative of TLT, when taken individually. I had totally forgotten it was on that album when I started listening to TLT the first time.

So yeah...as a representation of TLT as a whole...not the best song. As a stand-alone, and live? Love it!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

ElectedPlus
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by ElectedPlus » Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:41 pm

What song best represents the album as a whole then? I reckon it's a toss up between Sideshow, Nothings Free, Bad Place Alone, or Cleansed by Fire.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:54 pm

hywel wrote:
Shoesalesman wrote:

are you kidding?
Ummm....No. Not really.

I'd have to say Sideshow best represents TLT for me.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:24 am

Last Temptation is in my top 5, absolutely fantastic album with a real timeless feel to it. Sideshow, You're My Temptation, Stolen Prayer and Cleansed By Fire are my highlights.

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Mon Jun 30, 2008 7:57 pm

ElectedPlus wrote:What song best represents the album as a whole then? I reckon it's a toss up between Sideshow, Nothings Free, Bad Place Alone, or Cleansed by Fire.

For me "Nothing's Free" sums it all up (with Sideshow a close second). I have a real fetish about TLT - I love everything about it and would love to see "It's Me" feature as the ballad in a live show. :)
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

I'm Pain
Killer
Killer

Post by I'm Pain » Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:19 am

To me, that's the one that got away. I was so sure that this one was going to surpass the sales of "Trash." Man, was I wrong. Always thought "It's Me" was his best ballad.

Jason
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Jason » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:40 am

I love TLT. It was his best release of the '90's for me. My favorite off the album is "Nothing's Free".
"Same as always, different as ever"

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:43 pm

nimsowner wrote:Greg Hampton, who apparently wrote the songs for ACAS, said in an interview that he listened to B$B, BP, and TLT a lot to get a feel for how to write the ACAS songs.
I think we should clarify that co producers Greg Hampton and Danny Saber co-wrote several of the album's songs with Alice, while others were collaborations with Alice's band members and that Ozzy Osbourne co-wrote, “Wake the Dead,".
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Voodoo Revolution
Killer
Killer

Post by Voodoo Revolution » Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:07 pm

I love the Lyric's on Nothing's Free.

Amazing, amazing song.

Any album that deals with Steven is a winner in my book.