the last temptation

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

hywel
Killer
Killer

the last temptation

Post by hywel » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:52 pm

this may sound crazy, but since listening to alice's new song, i have been playing the last temptation. what a good lyrical album.
let's play twister, let's play risk, yeah, yeah, yeah. yeah.hywel04@hotmail.com

aliceclone12
Killer
Killer

Post by aliceclone12 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:09 pm

Strange, the same's been happening with me, i like the album even more now, but for some reason i can't stop listening howlin wolf now but i think thtas coinstidance (sry 'bout the spelling, the red rooster told me so, you know the one i know lol)
The words I speak are true, we're all humanary stew, if we don't pledge allegiance to, AC12

TeresofBlood
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by TeresofBlood » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:22 pm

One of the few cooper albums I've never heard. I really ought to check it out. Is there anywhere to get the comic in graphic novel format? I'd rather not have to hunt down the individual issues on ebay.

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:37 pm

If you don't want to search around for the three comic books (understandable) you should be able to pick up a hardcover book (just called The Last Temptation) that encompasses all three relatively easily - I picked mine up on Amazon some years ago. Marketplace sellers in particular might have it for sale very cheaply.
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

Alicehunter2000
Killer
Killer

Post by Alicehunter2000 » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:41 pm

TeresofBlood wrote:One of the few cooper albums I've never heard. I really ought to check it out. Is there anywhere to get the comic in graphic novel format? I'd rather not have to hunt down the individual issues on ebay.
WOW! you should definately get this one. It is one that you might not like in the beginning but will grow to be a classic in your mind as time goes on. It is one of my more played albums.........beware......not Brutal Planet/ DT heavy. Lot's of Non-growling singing by Alice. More balled-type music....but not super-soft either.
"Your as Stiff as my Smoking Barrel"

lattss
Killer
Killer

Post by lattss » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:13 pm

Well, I haven't listened to "Vengeance is Mine" yet (I'm trying to hold out until the 29th), but The Last Temptation is easily one of my favorite albums.It just feels very deep,like you could analyze it forever and still get new thoughts and ideas from it.

As for the comics,I haven't read any of them.I am asking for three individual comics for my birthday though.

aliceclone12
Killer
Killer

Post by aliceclone12 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:19 pm

I'm lucky as when i started to become a big alice fan, my dad told me he bought the comics back when they were first released, he said he loved them so he never got rid of them, but he was glad to give them to me, also he had the edition with the limited cd which i've now got, he never thought it was special lol, he just liked the comics, never liked alice much, hes more of a bruce springsteen, spirit (awesome band), lep zep, bob dylan, david bowie kinda thing, you know what gets on my nerves people who say david bowie as david boul-wee!
The words I speak are true, we're all humanary stew, if we don't pledge allegiance to, AC12

Railwayman
Killer
Killer

Post by Railwayman » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:31 am

What an experience you are in for what you finally become exposed to one of the classic Alice albums. The Last Temptation is a master piece, great concept, great songs, great lyrics, great production and Alice's voice is sensational. I got the first comic book with the cd and subsequently bought the book containing the complete story. As far as I can make out it is still relatively easy to get hold of.

I have resisted listening to the new teaser, but if the album is as good as TLT then I will not be disappointed.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:18 pm

The Last Temptation is a fantastic album. I plan to get second copies of the comics so I can read one set and package the other.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

aliceclone12
Killer
Killer

Post by aliceclone12 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:04 pm

a bit excessive ddon't you think?

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:07 pm

aliceclone12 wrote:a bit excessive ddon't you think?
That, my esteemed pal, is in the eye of the beholder. :8):
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Evan442
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Evan442 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:56 pm

love every song except LOST IN AMERICA. I love the music...but lyrical the song is very junvenile and does not fit the record at all. It would have been more in place on either of the last 2 albums. I am still confused as to why this song has been played live nearly every tour since 2001
myspace.com/himelnator
myspace.com/chopx3

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:22 pm

>but lyrical the song is very junvenile

I think that was intentional.
Last edited by A_MichaelUK on Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:24 pm

Shoesalesman wrote:
aliceclone12 wrote:a bit excessive ddon't you think?
That, my esteemed pal, is in the eye of the beholder. :8):
With you all the way buddy. :8): I have duplicates of the CD and vinyl, and most items that went along with the album!
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

daytripper63
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper63 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:37 pm

Love The Last Temptation :alice:

For being a brat, refusing to act your age !
http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:27 am

Greg Hampton, who apparently wrote the songs for ACAS, said in an interview that he listened to B$B, BP, and TLT a lot to get a feel for how to write the ACAS songs.
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

noods
Dada God
Dada God

Post by noods » Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:46 am

I love TLT, it's probably the album I listen to the most. It would be great as a movie (as long as Alice was involved).
I'd like to get inside your head...and dance!

aliceclone12
Killer
Killer

Post by aliceclone12 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:52 am

it would be great as a movie but we've experienced alice being in movies before, some don't turn out as good as expected, but if neil gaiman would help out maybe...

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:55 am

Evan442 wrote:love every song except LOST IN AMERICA. I love the music...but lyrical the song is very junvenile and does not fit the record at all. It would have been more in place on either of the last 2 albums. I am still confused as to why this song has been played live nearly every tour since 2001
i think the lyrics to lost in america are fantastic. says alot for why some kids go the wrong way. imo.
let's play twister, let's play risk, yeah, yeah, yeah. yeah.hywel04@hotmail.com

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:57 pm

The Last Temptation is a masterpiece.

And I must be one of the few that loves "Lost in America" live.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."