Both are equal.
18%

Total votes: 28

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:14 am

BP vs TM

Musically I loved BP...I loved the sound of Alices voice. However TM is a close second. I like that song and its energy. But I figured TM should have been on BP as one of those who helps us get to Dragontown.

WYM vs Sister Sara

Well, wow both are great songs in their own right. I do love SS because the lyrics are hilarious at times.

But I love the heaviness of WYM so that is my pick.

Sanctuary vs Somewhere in the Jungle

Damn...Ok the first time I heard Sanctuary the hair seriously rose on the back of my neck...I love the song...the energy and the point. That song is me I guess. lol

SITJ...While I liked what they were doing with the harmanizing of the vocals I really diden't like the lyrics very much.

BMAK vs JWBG

Wow...well BMAK was definately a foreshadowing to a lot of future and current events. Disturbing...I liked it.

I also liked JWBG...although I'm not a fan of preaching I understand how some can be dangerous to themselves and others by thinking they are the be all and end all and I just take that from it. Without getting into any religous debates.

ESM vs IMTL

I hate Eat Some More lol. No I just think it's the weakest song on the album besides a couple of funny lyrics...musically its kinda filler IMO.

PUTB vs DT

PUTB is definatly disturbing and it succeds on all acounts but DT is awesome I think. But Some of the lyrics are cheesy so I gotta go with PUTB.

I love PessiMystic...damn I love it. Deeper is very cool too but some of the lyrics are not really that good.

Gimme

Disgraceland by far...but all out of place as far as I'm concerned.

The ballads...ugh...not a fan of either

Cold vs Sentinel. Hmmm. I really liked both....I guess cold machines

Railwayman
Killer
Killer

Post by Railwayman » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:44 am

For me, BP is too much in your face, there is no let up. Like it as I do, it's tiring to listen to all the way through. DT seems to me, as an earlier threader suggested, that it was supposed to be a full on follow up to BP but was then changed for some reason. Perhaps they just ran out of ideas as some of DT could quite easily have been shoe horned onto BP and other bits of DT are, well, different. DT is a bit of a mish mash of a cd but in some ways that makes it more interesting.

On the whole I think BP is a very strong concept and so it just gets my vote by a snakes nose.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:23 pm

Take It Like A Woman is one of the greatest Alice ballads ever for me the best song on either album
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Ravenred
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Ravenred » Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:23 pm

Brutal planet is an excellent album all the way through....Dragontown the first 4 songs are brilliant but then it seems to go wrong...just my opinion
I wanna hurt you just to hear you screaming my name

aliceclone12
Killer
Killer

Post by aliceclone12 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:10 pm

half of the stuff on dt seems like stuff which was rejected on bp
The words I speak are true, we're all humanary stew, if we don't pledge allegiance to, AC12

The son of Don Quijote
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by The son of Don Quijote » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:34 pm

:evil: I think both albums have a bad opening song. Brutal planet (the tittle track) is too preachy and on Triggerman Alice's vocals are mixed horribly and it makes them sound artificial. Even though Brutal planet is a really strong album I by far prefer Dragontown which is in fact my second favourite Alice Cooper album ever. I think both ballads on Dragontown beat Take it like a woman which isn't bad but nowhere near as good as Stolen prayer for example. So I really disagree with Steven Crayn. Dragontown has more colours and variety. Disgraceland is probably the best AC humour song ever. Deeper with its doomy atmosphere is as heavy as anything on Brutal planet.

Vocals on Dragontown may not be as brutal as on Brutal planet but they are more diverse. And this is the only album I know where rap kind of vocals really work and Sister Sara is one of my all time personal favourite Alice songs and the best heavy metal duet ever. I totally disagree with those who say this sounds like Brutal planet leftovers. This is an amazing diverse metal album. It has everything good guitar solos, great lyrics, horror, humour and ballads.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:40 pm

Darren wrote:Deeper is very cool too but some of the lyrics are not really that good.
With lots of respect going out to Dragontown, this song is one of my least favorites in the entire Alice Cooper catalog. What I should say here, and should have mentioned in the first thread when I said Dragontown was one of my least favorites, is I still think it's a great album. Triggerman, Every Woman Has A Name, Disgraceland, It's Much Too Late are fantastic compositions, while the others are just... good, minus Deeper for the time being. For me, there is no "bad" Coop album; there's something unique on each release that's brilliant.

Anyway, Brutal Planet seemed tighter and had a more focused message.

Deeper is hard to listen to, but like other albums and songs I've grown into, years after their release, maybe it'll be a favorite down the road.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:15 pm

I'm in the same boat Shoesalseman, there is something cool on every record. One of the many great things about Alice is that how diverse he is in musical direction. I can't think of anyone else who has done as much variety as Alice. I think Alice has done every single music genre there is...and maybe a couple that don't exist yet lol.

I agree 100% with your post.

noods
Dada God
Dada God

Post by noods » Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:03 am

I like both albums alot and listen to them fairly often. They both have a song that would probably be in my top 10 Alice songs. Sanctuary from BP and It's Much To Late from DT.
The second Alice show I ever saw was during the BP tour so I have heaps of memories from that such as "The Controller". I haven't seen any of the DT tour live in person or on video (anyone know where I can find some footage?). So that (seeing the show) puts BP slightly ahead for me. But over all as albums I'd say they are equal.
I'd like to get inside your head...and dance!

NoneeLlama
Killer
Killer

Post by NoneeLlama » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:33 pm

The son of Don Quijote wrote:I think both ballads on Dragontown beat Take it like a woman which isn't bad but nowhere near as good as Stolen prayer for example.
What does Stolen Prayer has to do anything with BP and DT? I don't really understand how it comes to the picture.

So, as for my opinion about the albums, I like Brutal Planet more. To me, Dragontown has some track that are "too indusrtial" for me. But again, DT has the most genius song ever written, what is Disgraceland. :laugh:
To Stamp... To Kick... To Spit... That's what a good llama does!