New dates

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:03 pm

killer wolf wrote:i posted in another thread about wanting a meet&greet ticket for the Newcastle gig - blindly assuming that there WOULD be one, given that he's always played at least one date up here on every tour i can remember. and there isn't one :-( two dates in the UK, last time i looked. i'm kinda unimpressed. on the heels of Maiden's ONE uk date - from a brit band who always prided themselves on being british and loving the brit fans etc - i'm getting less and less impressed w/ bands i used to be a major fan of. i hope he wanders back around at the end of the tour. might have to wait several months but i guess the show would be worth it.
He just did a full set of dates in November! He can't hit everywhere every time!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

sparkinthedark
DiS ViciOuS stalker
DiS ViciOuS stalker

Post by sparkinthedark » Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:09 pm

NotSoPerfect wrote:
killer wolf wrote:i posted in another thread about wanting a meet&greet ticket for the Newcastle gig - blindly assuming that there WOULD be one, given that he's always played at least one date up here on every tour i can remember. and there isn't one :-( two dates in the UK, last time i looked. i'm kinda unimpressed. on the heels of Maiden's ONE uk date - from a brit band who always prided themselves on being british and loving the brit fans etc - i'm getting less and less impressed w/ bands i used to be a major fan of. i hope he wanders back around at the end of the tour. might have to wait several months but i guess the show would be worth it.
He just did a full set of dates in November! He can't hit everywhere every time!

I do appreciate what killer wolf is saying. Yes, he did do a full tour in November and it's great for him to come back again this year - but it would also have been greater if the two shows had been more spread out instead of one down south and the other.. even further south. I'm fortunate in that I'm in a position to travel to see Alice but of course not everyone can do that. :/
aLL HeaRt
>---❤️--->

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:47 am

NSP - well yeah, he came here on an "interim" tour, but i'd hardly call that a substitute for a tour showcasing a new album, specially one that seems to be getting pushed as much as it is. it doesn't seem logical to do a big tour for the sake of it/no reason/fund raising, then pimp what seems to be your best album for ages, very theatrical etc which will lend itself to a great stage performance, and then play two dates in an entire country :-/ especially given that i think Coop fans would pile into arenas to see him every weekend if possible, so thnking he won't sell tickets cos the last date was only 8 months ago can't be a reason??

i've travelled to see Alice before, down to Manchester, not sure how far i'd go nowadays simply because of disposable income. i woulda loved to have seen Maiden, would love to see the new Coop tour, but when you start adding on all the (not so) little extras of travel costs etc, it fast becomes a pretty expensive proposition.
well, whatever happens i guess there'll be a DVD to collect, and perhaps more dates in the new year. i'll put up w/ the wait if it means getting to see the show.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:40 pm

< i think Coop fans would pile into arenas to see him every weekend if possible, so thnking he won't sell tickets cos the last date was only 8 months ago can't be a reason??

You write as if these are decisions that Alice has made. As has been previously stated, these are decisions made by people who know far more about the touring business than you (or I) do.

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:54 pm

Whilst I think killer wolf realises it`s not alice who chooses where he plays, i know where he`s coming from, and also, because the people who do make these decisions do know far more about the touring business than any of us, doesn`t mean that their choice of venues is always correct.

What is wrong about having a gig in the north/ Midlands/scotland/wales , the audience is obviously there , hence the reason those areas are well represented on a nationwide tour.
If they know something that we don`t and there are dates planned in those area`s, then thats a different matter.
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:27 pm

>What is wrong about having a gig in the north/ Midlands/scotland/wales ,

I never said there was anything “wrong about” it. However, there can be any number of perfectly valid reasons why there isn’t an additional show. It’s not always possible to have a show in every location that every individual person would want.

>If they know something that we don`t and there are dates planned in those area`s, then thats a different matter.

Even if there are no “dates planned”, it doesn’t mean that the people who make these decisions don’t know what they’re doing. It’s getting rather boring to have to keep posting this text from http://www.alicecooper.com/faq.html:
Q - How come Alice never plays in my city?
A - Alice would LOVE to play in your city! There isn't anywhere in the world that he doesn't enjoy going to for a show. But, the decision is not his. Like every other band that tours around the world, the tour itinerary is put together by a large number of different factors such as travel routing, management, distances between cities, distances between countries, availability of venues, record companies, travel arrangements, booking agents, concert promoters and everything else in between.

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:33 pm

I never mentioned having a gig in every location that every individual wanted, I was just commenting on the fact that there are two southern gigs and thats it.
I`m sure it is possible to get a gig somewhere else on the mainland apart from the two that are on offer.

I didn`t realise that i had implied that they don`t know what they are doing, i`m certain they are excellent at what they do, but not all of the time.

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Jul 08, 2008 1:54 pm

>I never mentioned having a gig in every location that every individual wanted,
I was just commenting on the fact that there are two southern gigs and thats it.

Actually, in a way you are. You’re saying it’s a shame there is no show in the north of Britain which is what killer wolf was saying. I can appreciate how frustrating that must be, but someone living in France may say the same thing as you and killer wolf did, just as someone living in Norfolk may say the same thing. It’s the same argument and it can be made by anyone who is in a location where there is no show scheduled.

>I`m sure it is possible to get a gig somewhere else on the mainland apart from the two that are on offer.

But you’re not “sure”. That’s the whole point. Are you in the touring business? Are you a promoter, or a booking agent, or a travel agent, or the owner of a venue? Do you know how many shows in a row an artist can perform, or how many miles he or she can travel before his or her health is affected? Do you know how many thousands of miles a road crew can travel and how many hours they can work in a week before they’re affected as well? The text at www.alicecooper.com gives you just some of the factors involved in putting a schedule together, yet you tell us you are “sure it is possible”.

>I didn`t realise that i had implied that they don`t know what they are doing

Well, you did exactly that in your post. You wrote:
>because the people who do make these decisions do know far more about the touring business than any of us, doesn`t mean that their choice of venues is always correct.

>, i`m certain they are excellent at what they do, but not all of the time.

You just did it again.

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:21 pm

You are correct, i`m not in the touring business , or neither am i a booking agent, or any of the other things you mentioned, but I could bet you a penny to a pound, that if were to go around the arena`s, or suitable venus , on or around those dates I could find a bucketful that are stood idle.

Please don`t ask me to prove my theory, I just don`t have much time on my hands these days.

missrose

Post by missrose » Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:44 pm

[quote="PatrickS77"]Wow, there I was, so pissed about me having bought a ticket for a concert, not knowing that Alice would also have a concert near me at the very same day and now I find out that he will be back in Germany in November.... probably even with new songs! Awesome! Now does anyone know who is the headliner?? Alice or Whitesnake?? I sure hope it's Alice![/quote

Headliner is Alice !! :clap:

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:15 pm

>but I could bet you a penny to a pound, that if were to go around the arena`s, or suitable venus , on or around those dates I could find a bucketful that are stood idle.

I don’t doubt that you could, but as the text at www.alicecooper.com illustrates, there are other things to be considered as well.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:20 pm

Whaddabout NYC?!

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:44 pm

killer wolf wrote:NSP - well yeah, he came here on an "interim" tour, but i'd hardly call that a substitute for a tour showcasing a new album, specially one that seems to be getting pushed as much as it is. it doesn't seem logical to do a big tour for the sake of it/no reason/fund raising, then pimp what seems to be your best album for ages, very theatrical etc which will lend itself to a great stage performance, and then play two dates in an entire country :-/ especially given that i think Coop fans would pile into arenas to see him every weekend if possible, so thnking he won't sell tickets cos the last date was only 8 months ago can't be a reason??
Ok, fair point. However, as of right now it sounds like these current dates are more "interim tour" and are NOT the ACAS tour....so you're likely not missing out there. Here's crossing my fingers for you that when he does do the ACAS tour, you get lots of dates!!! :clap:
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:05 pm

I agree, killer wolf was just making the point about two gigs in the same region. OK , to say they are in the same region is maybe not exactly true but I knew what he was getting at.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:33 pm

Baz wrote:I agree, killer wolf was just making the point about two gigs in the same region. OK , to say they are in the same region is maybe not exactly true but I knew what he was getting at.
If it will make you feel any better, there was only one gig in all of Canada last year. And Canada is a much bigger country than the UK, second biggest country in the world, in fact. Okay, geography lesson over..... :laugh:

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:21 pm

http://cgi.ebay.com/Cortez-High-School- ... dZViewItem

Speaking of dates, what about 1964?

Who the hell is Alice Copper? ::((:

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:52 pm

glamprincess wrote:
Baz wrote:I agree, killer wolf was just making the point about two gigs in the same region. OK , to say they are in the same region is maybe not exactly true but I knew what he was getting at.
If it will make you feel any better, there was only one gig in all of Canada last year. And Canada is a much bigger country than the UK, second biggest country in the world, in fact. Okay, geography lesson over..... :laugh:
No one was complaining about the number of gigs Alice performs here, no complaint there, it was just a comment about the two shows announced.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Jul 08, 2008 7:59 pm

Parish wrote:Whaddabout NYC?!
He'll be in the neighborhood end of October, don't give up hope!
Me = Winning

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:14 pm

If Alice plays 1 or 50 in the UK, then that is the choice of him and his people, but 2 shows down south when a lot of fans cannot get there or live up north means they may miss him this year, me,, well now i am back in Birmingham which is central UK, then i am only thinking of myself, sorry.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:18 pm

Baz wrote:
glamprincess wrote: If it will make you feel any better, there was only one gig in all of Canada last year. And Canada is a much bigger country than the UK, second biggest country in the world, in fact. Okay, geography lesson over..... :laugh:
No one was complaining about the number of gigs Alice performs here, no complaint there, it was just a comment about the two shows announced.
I know you weren't complaining and that's not what I meant to imply. My comment was only "to make you feel better". :)