Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:46 pm

Yer nade me feel wonderful my dear. :grin:
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:06 pm

''It’s the same argument and it can be made by anyone who is in a location where there is no show scheduled. ''
and it's perfectly valid. it IS a shame.

“But you’re not “sure”. That’s the whole point. Are you in the touring business? Are you a promoter, or a booking agent, or a travel agent, or the owner of a venue? Do you know how many shows in a row an artist can perform, or how many miles he or she can travel before his or her health is affected? Do you know how many thousands of miles a road crew can travel and how many hours they can work in a week before they’re affected as well? The text at www.alicecooper.com gives you just some of the factors involved in putting a schedule together, yet you tell us you are “sure it is possible”. “
what i'm sure about is that if they can afford/plan/execute a big set of dates for an interim tour, ie forking out all that planning and expense, for a tour where no new product is out, putting a tour to support a new album and only playng two dates makes no sense to me. your points make you sound like you're a guru about all the factors you state. do yOU know any of those things? i've seen bands tour here w/ 1,2 or 3 dates. i've seen bands tour here w/ thirty or so dates. so what's the deciding factor? how is one road crew much more capable than another? it's got nowt to do w/ that. the organisers decide on a tour and then they'd plan around those logistics.

still wh-atever, i'm sick of arguing about this. get the same shte on the Maiden boards. you say you're disappointed by no dates in your area and you just get a lot of people sneering that i “can't be bothered“ or making sarky comments about how “maiden isn't playing my street this tour“. funnily enough, all the comments seem to appear from people where dates are held, or at least closer that the 200+ miles or whatever. so, end of my input. i'm disappointed and that's it.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:05 pm

> i'm sick of arguing about this. get the same shte on the Maiden boards.

I'm not surprised.

>you say you're disappointed by no dates in your area and you just get a lot of people sneering

It's almost always amusing when someone decides to sulk just because their post was responded to in a way they didn't like. All I did was explain to you that it isn't Alice who personally makes those decisions. You haven't acknowledged that, nor the explanation at www.alicecooper.com which I posted.

>funnily enough, all the comments seem to appear from people where dates are held, or at least closer that the 200+ miles or whatever.

That's a good example of the sulking I which I just mentioned. You forget that Alice has performed in the north of Britain almost every year since 2000, so the people living there haven't exactly been ignored.

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:25 pm

missrose wrote:
PatrickS77 wrote:Wow, there I was, so pissed about me having bought a ticket for a concert, not knowing that Alice would also have a concert near me at the very same day and now I find out that he will be back in Germany in November.... probably even with new songs! Awesome! Now does anyone know who is the headliner?? Alice or Whitesnake?? I sure hope it's Alice![/quote

Headliner is Alice !! :clap:
Is that confirmed?? If so, yay!! :laugh: :laugh: :clap: I mean, I'm aware it's a co-headlining tour, but I don't want to see anyone after Alice!!

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:36 pm

I mean, I'm aware it's a co-headlining tour, but I don't want to see anyone after Alice!!
Not trying to be funny, but you could just leave after Alice's performance.
Me = Winning

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:55 pm

I'd much, much rather see Alice and leave before having to see Whitesnake ;)
Ok there are worse choices I guess.
No offence meant to Whitesnake fans, it's just not my cup of tea. They are a good band.

Then again I can't go to the German dates anyway

PatrickS77
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by PatrickS77 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:49 pm

WickedYoungMan wrote:
I mean, I'm aware it's a co-headlining tour, but I don't want to see anyone after Alice!!
Not trying to be funny, but you could just leave after Alice's performance.
Good, because you're not! ;) I want to see Whitesnake (I've never seen them before), but not after Alice!