Alice Cooper and iTunes

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:46 pm

hmph, fine. I'll wait. But, it's still not listed on iTunes. I'll shut up for now. :x
"What part of DEAD don't you get?"

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:28 am

As Devon says, setting up STUK for Itunes has been a little hit and miss. US iTunes requires information that I simply don't have (not being American) which is a little silly. Hence the iTunes links are UK only at the moment. I was under the assumption that even if you were in the USA you would be able to buy from the UK store, I mean, it's a global marketplace and they don't have to send anything anywhere, but no, it appears those idiots don't get that and will only let you buy from your own countries iTunes store. Even though the WILL let you switch to he other store and view everything. How dumb is that.

Personally itunes is causing me headaches as people want me to prvide it (it seems) and I can only do it in a limited way due to their stoopid set up. Plus I hate the spoftware so don't have it installed myself, so I can't even GET the bonus tracks myself!

I know it's popular, but as with many such things, it's set up badly, presumably partially because of international laws etc. Normally however there are simply ways to register where a sale is made so the prerequisite laws are followed. They just don't do it.

I wanted to use Amazon's MP3 service, but with no bonus tracks there didn't seem any point, and Devon talked me out of it haha

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:04 pm

I don't have iTunes either. I've seen so many people have a lot of problems with the software, I am not putting it on my pc.

daytripper63
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper63 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:33 pm

I downloaded all of it...we will see...If trouble lurks...I will find it ! :/

For being a brat, refusing to act your age !
http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63

runarh73
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by runarh73 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:31 pm

we dont have itunes in iceland :angry:
but i do hope i will get the bonus songs on a limited cd or something

MonsterDog
Dada God
Dada God

Post by MonsterDog » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:20 pm

We have great luck with itunes. It's all we use for all our music on the PC. We have 4 profiles and 3 MP3 players...no problems. :grin:
I don't know if the things I'm thinking are normal thoughts or not!

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:20 pm

Feezle-Nuts wrote:I don't have iTunes either. I've seen so many people have a lot of problems with the software, I am not putting it on my pc.
Well not many people can have as many problems with as big as it is. Sometimes it's an issue of something on the computer and some people may not know how to fix it, be it a firewall, etc.
Me = Winning

Erickana
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Erickana » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:06 am

it sucks , that there is no other way to get the 3 songs

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:52 am

the songs are available on iTunes US. I just bought them and listened to them. I also was the first person to write up a personal review of ACAS on iTunes. I am happy....tomorrow is the 29th and I will have the new album in my hands.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:00 pm

Personally, I am surprised and disappointed in the U.S iTunes presentation.

1. The new album is nowhere to be found on the splash page. Not even the New Rock section has it listed. ...There is, however, a KILLER vault version of Rush's "Working Man!"

2. Two different versions of the album are available once you've searched it out. One has the basic eleven tracks plus a digital booklet available with album purchase only. The other offers the three bonus tracks individually, but no booklet. Not a tremendous problem, but I wonder about the people who bought the entire album with bonus tracks before they saw the one with the booklet? I'd be pissed.

3. No great additional pics or writing to the Cooper page. Just your basic album offerings.

I plan on purchasing my CD at the local Target on the way to work. iTunes can hang. Perhaps I'll buy the bonus songs if they're not on the store CD version.

I'd think that if they wanted to capture some sales action on iTunes, Steamhammer would have made it so that anyone could stumble across it by chance. Like I said, you have to search it out. Hmmmm.... so much for a MEDIA BLITZ. Whoever said that, anyway??
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

NotSoPerfect
Dada God
Dada God

Post by NotSoPerfect » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:39 pm

Your Target carries Alice albums?! Man, that's awesome! I've NEVER seen an Alice album when I've looked at my local Target, or a handful of others!
Schooooooooooooool's Ouuuuuuuuuuuuut. FOR. EVER!

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:08 pm

I had many problems running iTunes on my machines. When I first got my iPod I tried iTunes and the whole thing would bring my machine to a screeching halt anytime I tried to copy music over to the iPod.

And it wasn't machine related because I have multiple machines and it did it on all the machines. And I know what I'm doing computer wise... I build my own machines and trust me... the software just didn't work right. Perhaps it's because I have 200gb of music on my hard drive and iTunes doesn't like a library that big.

I have a feeling that iTunes probably runs great on Mac's but when it comes to the PC, they haven't quite covered all the bases and problems crop up for some people for whatever reason.

Anyhow, I had long uninstalled iTunes but due to these bonus tracks I bit the bullet and installed it again on one of my machines. I won't be using it to maintain my iPod though.

On top of it... Apple insists on using .mp4 files (AAC) instead of MP3 like every single other digital music retailer that sells non-DRM music tracks has done. Disappointing.

I also agree that the presentation for Alice within the iTunes store is severly lacking. If I didn't know he had a new album out, I'd never know it. And even if he didn't, it's terribly underwelming.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:13 pm

I just contacted iTunes....
I sent them a request to create an Artist page for Alice Cooper.

I told them to get their $#!@ together and figure out that Alice Cooper deserves better.

Feezle-Nuts
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Feezle-Nuts » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:20 pm

GailsFriend wrote:I just contacted iTunes....

I told them to get their $#!@ together and figure out that Alice Cooper deserves better.
I'm sure that lit a fire.....bet they will get right on that.

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:36 pm

you crack me up.... :laugh: :laugh: :rotfl: :grin: :) :laugh: :laugh: :rotfl: :)

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:24 pm

Dannorama wrote:Hmmmm.... so much for a MEDIA BLITZ. Whoever said that, anyway??
Oh I have no idea. ;)
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:30 pm

GailsFriend wrote:I just contacted iTunes....

That was a tad silly IMHO. How do you know that isn't the responsibility of the record label or artist?
Me = Winning

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:36 pm

I hear Steve Jobs is now personally working on an Alice artist page.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

GailsFriend
Dada God
Dada God

Post by GailsFriend » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:41 pm

While you guys discuss the possibilities....I'll listen to the new album and rest awhile. :yawn: zzzzzzzzzz

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:44 am

NotSoPerfect wrote:Your Target carries Alice albums?! Man, that's awesome! I've NEVER seen an Alice album when I've looked at my local Target, or a handful of others!
Yep! Target had it. Had to wait until tonight, but there it was... just one left under the special sale card. Looks like there may have been five there in the beginning - that's how much space was open. Let's not forget that Michigan is Cooper country. Lots of old fans. I hear his stuff constantly on the radio, in the sandwich shop, at the grocery store...

(Thanks for the nod, Shooey.)
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.