What items did you "snatch" at concerts?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:22 pm

We have Econoline Crush opening here, which doesn't seem too bad. Had a few hits 'round these parts. They'll get stale by the third show I'm sure. ;)

Three more months!!! :rock:
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Coopenstein
Trash
Trash

Post by Coopenstein » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:38 pm

Hi there fellow Coop fans!
First post here - and what way is better to start off with, than doing a little bragging... :-) Have been lucky enough to get two of Alice's canes (Sweden -98 and Copenhagen -02), a bunch of bills and picks from various tours/guitarists, a couple of smashed balloons (which I decided to throw away later), and some fake diamonds in 2005. I also managed to get one of Eric Singer's drum sticks, as well as one of the drum skins. And of course I have snatched a couple of tour posters whenever I had the chance! :evil:
Still missing a riding crop though!
Bits N Pieces, Coopenstein Inc.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:56 am

Welcome aboard!!!

Does anyone know if Alice ever used a plastic rifle (the kind that shoots ping-pong balls) on stage, around 69/70? I'm in conversation with someone who says he attended a very small performance at a youth facility in Toronto in the Summer of 1969 and he mentions Alice using such a gun. He also says the attendees were able to sit/lay down on the floor to watch the show. I checked Timelines and a quote reports there was a mid-day show for 50 or so youth at Galaxi Youth Pavillion in August 1969, but it indicates Alice didn't use any props.

What a weird thing to converse with another human being about, I know, but it tugs at my curiosity now.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Sun Jun 29, 2008 12:14 pm

Hi Coopenstein! And welcome!

Shoey, weird? Well isn't that kind of the point of this board? We all love weird. August 69? Wow I was one year old then... sorry can't answer the question :)

Coopenstein
Trash
Trash

Post by Coopenstein » Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:18 pm

Thanks for the welcome! :-)
I have never heard of Alice using a plastic rifle on stage, though it might very well have happened...? But, I have seen a picture (in a Johnny Depp biography!) of Alice from the Killer era, holding, what looks like a pistol! Now that's a strange picture! :bam:
Bits N Pieces, Coopenstein Inc.

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:45 pm

Well here are some more to add. Full review here:
viewtopic.php?t=4184

The cane flew into the crowd, smack in the middle of the hall, causing quite a riot apparently, as usual I guess, The riding crop also went on the other side, bleh, missed again! The girl who got it was in our hotel. I saw her this morning holding it preciously, I sure would too!
Well, I managed to get two more dollar notes, I finally managed to snatch one from the air! And I got a piece of balloon again, a light blue one this time. No « diamond » necklace either :(

Alice was so close with the « Billion Dollar Sword », on our side he could lean out further out, because he could lean on the speakers to do so, I could almost, almost touch the tip of the sword! [oh! And as I type this, Alice is playing « Billion Dollar Babies » on the radio!!! Coincidence?]

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:54 pm

I was at a Toad the Wet Sprocket show once and they threw this into the crowd and I got it!

http://www.longbraid.com/ComedyCorner/i ... rogHat.jpg

The entire audience went "aweeeeeeeeeeeehow cuuute!"

not really...just wanted to post the pic :rotfl:

Erickana
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Erickana » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:31 pm

2 guitar picks from 1998
a dollar bill
drumstick from the opening act

Dragonlady
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dragonlady » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:53 am

Ah I almost got a drumstick too. I had my hand on it and the kid next to me had it too... so I let go. I'm too good :)