30th Anniversary 'The Strange Case Of Alice Cooper' on DVD ?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

30th Anniversary 'The Strange Case Of Alice Cooper' on DVD ?

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:07 pm

We have seen anniversary releases in recent years on DVD of 'Good To See You Again Alice' and 'The Nightmare Returns'

Next year will mark the 30th Anniversary of 'The Strange Case Of Alice Cooper' and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a DVD release with the 'All Strapped Up' and 'Dead Babies' performances that were ommitted from the video included.

Any thoughts?
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

sammysausage76
Killer
Killer

Post by sammysausage76 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:49 pm

My only thought is that I really hope so!

daytripper63
Dada God
Dada God

Post by daytripper63 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:17 pm

Mee Too! I don't have it anyway. This would be a new purchase for me. :clap:

For being a brat, refusing to act your age !
http://www.myspace.com/daytripper63

lattss
Killer
Killer

Post by lattss » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:08 pm

I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

hywel
Killer
Killer

Re: 30th Anniversary 'The Strange Case Of Alice Cooper' on D

Post by hywel » Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:17 pm

steven_crayn wrote:We have seen anniversary releases in recent years on DVD of 'Good To See You Again Alice' and 'The Nightmare Returns'

Next year will mark the 30th Anniversary of 'The Strange Case Of Alice Cooper' and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a DVD release with the 'All Strapped Up' and 'Dead Babies' performances that were ommitted from the video included.

Any thoughts?
maybe. it would be nice to see it in good quality.

all strapped up in my opinion is terrible. perhaps thats why it didnt make the first release.

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:38 pm

I've only seen a few clips from the show, but I'd sure love to see the whole thing. Prakash John commented that the thing he remembers most about that era was the sporty green coveralls. :rock:
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

noods
Dada God
Dada God

Post by noods » Sat Jun 07, 2008 12:46 am

I've never seen it but have been hanging out to. I'd love for it to be released.
I'd like to get inside your head...and dance!

Luney Tune
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Luney Tune » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:22 pm

The Strange Case video was the first Alice concert i bought on tape. It was Back in 1981 in Beta format of all things. I think this is probably one of his worst performances. Not that there are many though. He looks extremely thin. sings very staccato. He don`t look like his usual self at all. Don`t like the show either. Too much dancers and Broadway like stuff. I`m not gonna buy any anniversary edition if its comes out.
It`s all in this luney tune....

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:06 am

Luney Tune wrote:The Strange Case video was the first Alice concert i bought on tape. It was Back in 1981 in Beta format of all things. I think this is probably one of his worst performances. Not that there are many though. He looks extremely thin. sings very staccato. He don`t look like his usual self at all. Don`t like the show either. Too much dancers and Broadway like stuff. I`m not gonna buy any anniversary edition if its comes out.
you should hear all strapped up!

MovieDemon
Trash
Trash

Post by MovieDemon » Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:28 pm

sammysausage76 wrote:My only thought is that I really hope so!
I was thinking the same way.

DaveJay
Killer
Killer

Post by DaveJay » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:37 am

I'd have it in a flash!!! I bought the VHS YEARSSSSS AGO, and it is dying to death... I am scared to play it in case it snaps or tangles....not one of his best shows,I agree, but it certainly has its moments....I never knew there was a "Unedited" version available...Hmmmm....
Billion Dollar Boobles!!!

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:17 pm

Luney Tune wrote:The Strange Case video was the first Alice concert i bought on tape. It was Back in 1981 in Beta format of all things. I think this is probably one of his worst performances. Not that there are many though. He looks extremely thin. sings very staccato. He don`t look like his usual self at all. Don`t like the show either. Too much dancers and Broadway like stuff. I`m not gonna buy any anniversary edition if its comes out.
I can't believe what I'm reading here, for those that haven't seen it I hope you don't pay much attention to Luney Tune.

Alice is unhealthily thin, but he was recovering from alcohol addiction yet the show is still a visual spectacular with a great band that kicks ass!

Make your own mind up by looking at some of the clips that are on You Tube

Intro/From The Inside (featuring giant dancing alcohol bottles!)

Nurse Rozetta/The Quiet Room

Wish I Was Born In Beverly Hills

Ballad of Dwight Fry

Go To Hell (featuring the electric chair!)

How You Gonna See Me Now

Inmates (We're All Crazy)

School's Out (featuring great solo spots from the band especially Steve Hunter & Prakash John!)
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

ULTRALATEX
Trash
Trash
Location: EAST KILBRIDE(SCOTLAND) if ever visiting,let me know and I'll buy you a beer

Post by ULTRALATEX » Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:50 pm

I just love that video.I remember buying it and it cost a fortune.It was just under £60.amazing what they cost when videos first came out.Not long after getting ASCOAC I bought WTMN and it cost £39.95.The box still has the price label on it.I keep it on to show any youngsters as they don't believe me when I tell them how much tapes cost when the first came out.I would just love ASCOAC to get a dvd release along with THE NIGHTMARE tv special.

lattss
Killer
Killer

Post by lattss » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:27 pm

I always loved the dancing bottles!

My favorite one was vodka.

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:42 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
I can't believe what I'm reading here, for those that haven't seen it I hope you don't pay much attention to Luney Tune.

hang on. pardon the pun. but it is an awfull performance by alice, i respect the guy had gone through hell but he was due to revisit it wasnt he. sorry whilst i would get it, i dont have to think it is great because it isnt.
if you showed this to a rock fan who is not into alice cooper , then the results would be negative.

WickedYoungMan
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by WickedYoungMan » Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:20 pm

hywel wrote:hang on. pardon the pun. but it is an awfull performance by alice, i respect the guy had gone through hell but he was due to revisit it wasnt he. sorry whilst i would get it, i dont have to think it is great because it isnt.
if you showed this to a rock fan who is not into alice cooper , then the results would be negative.
I have to agree with you. While the show is very good, unfortunately Alice's performance isn't IMHO. It's almost like he was taking singing lessons from William Shatner if I may be facetious for a moment.

Had Alice had been in his normal shape, this probably would have been the best AC concert vid. Terrific set list for the time and all and very good theatrics.

In all honesty, I would not be entirely shocked if they decided to keep this in the vault from a DVD release just as "Alice & Friends" seems to be. But if they do, I'll be the first one in line to order it!
Me = Winning

Baz
Gaye Blade
Gaye Blade

Post by Baz » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:32 pm

I`ve only seen the clips on YouTube, thanks Steven for bunching them all together, but the musicianship is for me , probably the best ever assembled by Alice, they`re superb.
Whilst Alice`s vocals are are bit on the dodgy side, his commitment is still there, and this version of Dwight Fry just shows how it should be done, he looks and sounds like he should be in a jacket. Brilliant stuff.

Lets hope it is released.
I`m one of the `Over 50`s `.

Nev
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Nev » Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:17 pm

Yeah I agree. I have this video and he looks rough and sounds rough. I feel for the guy coming out of what he did. I remember putting it on in front of somebody who was just being introduced to Alices music and I remember the look on their face. Anyways Id like to see any Alice material released on DVD.
-=Remember the Coop=-

Luney Tune
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Luney Tune » Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:54 pm

Steven C wrote : I can't believe what I'm reading here, for those that haven't seen it I hope you don't pay much attention to Luney Tune. Well, looks that there are many more that feels like me.

Well Steven, there are obviously many more who thinks like me. That this is a bad Alice performance, but we are still Coop fans. We are entitled to our own opinions. I think that performance sucks and that's it. Do you really think that this is as good as The WTMN Show, Nightmare Returns; Brutal Planet or my favorite "Good to see you again AC" ? That I can`t believe. But that is your opinion and your are of course entitled to it.
It`s all in this luney tune....

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:27 pm

My favorite was the Zipper tour. With the giant dancing Zippers. It got the audience real involved when the zippers would go out and randomly zip up on someone.
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!