30th Anniversary 'The Strange Case Of Alice Cooper' on DVD ?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Nev
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Nev » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:27 pm

Seriously? That actually happen? Ive never seen a clip of that tour ever...
-=Remember the Coop=-

nimsowner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by nimsowner » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:14 pm

Sorry, just me joking. Alice never toured for ZCS or Dada. That was when he stopped touring to get his health and family life back in order.
PLEASE, save me from this sick man!

Nev
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Nev » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:19 pm

hahah thats thought so... I was like "I dont remember any tour then...didnt he stop for that and dada?" heheh
I thought maybe he did a couple shows or something....hahah zippers swallowing people. I feel like an ass.
-=Remember the Coop=-

Loomis
Killer
Killer

Post by Loomis » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:41 pm

What do you think is behind a zipper? :laugh:
Progressives are scariest thing on the planet.

DaveJay
Killer
Killer

Post by DaveJay » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:10 am

Hmmm... another one I haven't seen........is that the tour where he "Crowd surfed" on a horse, dressed as zorro????

pics here. www.aliceonahorsenoreallyiswearitstrue.com
Billion Dollar Boobles!!!

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:27 am

Luney Tune wrote:Steven C wrote : I can't believe what I'm reading here, for those that haven't seen it I hope you don't pay much attention to Luney Tune. Well, looks that there are many more that feels like me.

Well Steven, there are obviously many more who thinks like me. That this is a bad Alice performance, but we are still Coop fans. We are entitled to our own opinions. I think that performance sucks and that's it. Do you really think that this is as good as The WTMN Show, Nightmare Returns; Brutal Planet or my favorite "Good to see you again AC" ? That I can`t believe. But that is your opinion and your are of course entitled to it.
Many more who think like you?

I think you are in the minority.

For you to say the performance "sucks" shows you to be misguided, you may not think it is up to other performances, but the word "sucks " is not a fair description of this show.

You are also putting words into my mouth, did I say I thought it was as good as Welcome To My Nightmare or Good To See You Again? No I did not.

The Nighmare Returns tour was superior to The Brutal Planet tour in my opinion but both the albums they were promoting were inferior albums to From The Inside, is anyone seriously saying Constrictor is a better album than From The Inside?

7 songs from From The Inside were performed on the Madhouse Rock tour

From The Inside
Serious
Nurse Rozetta
The Quiet Room
Wish I Was Born In Beverly Hills
How You Gonna See Me Now
Inmates (We're All Crazy)

I know you can make a similar case for The Butal Planet Tour in terms of songs played live from that album on that tour, but I don't think any of those songs compare to From The Inside.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:37 am

WickedYoungMan wrote:
hywel wrote:hang on. pardon the pun. but it is an awfull performance by alice, i respect the guy had gone through hell but he was due to revisit it wasnt he. sorry whilst i would get it, i dont have to think it is great because it isnt.
if you showed this to a rock fan who is not into alice cooper , then the results would be negative.
I have to agree with you. While the show is very good, unfortunately Alice's performance isn't IMHO. It's almost like he was taking singing lessons from William Shatner if I may be facetious for a moment.

Had Alice had been in his normal shape, this probably would have been the best AC concert vid. Terrific set list for the time and all and very good theatrics.

In all honesty, I would not be entirely shocked if they decided to keep this in the vault from a DVD release just as "Alice & Friends" seems to be. But if they do, I'll be the first one in line to order it!
I refer you both to my response to Luney Tune
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:47 pm

It's hard to dispute that "The Strange Case of Alice Cooper" is painful to watch.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:57 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:It's hard to dispute that "The Strange Case of Alice Cooper" is painful to watch.
I'll dispute it.

It's a great show and a great album.

Alice has plenty of energy and the vocals are not as bad as some of you are making out, he is underweight but it doesn't detract from a great show.

Nev
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Nev » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:06 pm

I don't think you can say anybody is a minority...not until you gather a group of people and do some statistics. Having said that, I think most of these 'the show is great' opinions come from Alice fans who have a very bias defending opinion. Its your choice to do so, but as for me I can't do that. I love Alice. Hes my idol. Hes tattooed on my arm and I named my first born Cooper after him. However; I can see a poor performance when I see one. I understand why it wasn't a great performance and why he was what he was then. I will watch the concert and enjoy it because its Alice and I love hearing anything he does. BUT, its still not a good performance no matter how hard he tried. People have their bad days, nothing you can do. To say it was a great show, its a stretch.
-=Remember the Coop=-

Sparticus
Killer
Killer

Post by Sparticus » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:25 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
Luney Tune wrote:Steven C wrote : I can't believe what I'm reading here, for those that haven't seen it I hope you don't pay much attention to Luney Tune. Well, looks that there are many more that feels like me.

Well Steven, there are obviously many more who thinks like me. That this is a bad Alice performance, but we are still Coop fans. We are entitled to our own opinions. I think that performance sucks and that's it. Do you really think that this is as good as The WTMN Show, Nightmare Returns; Brutal Planet or my favorite "Good to see you again AC" ? That I can`t believe. But that is your opinion and your are of course entitled to it.
Many more who think like you?

I think you are in the minority.

For you to say the performance "sucks" shows you to be misguided, you may not think it is up to other performances, but the word "sucks " is not a fair description of this show.

You are also putting words into my mouth, did I say I thought it was as good as Welcome To My Nightmare or Good To See You Again? No I did not.

The Nighmare Returns tour was superior to The Brutal Planet tour in my opinion but both the albums they were promoting were inferior albums to From The Inside, is anyone seriously saying Constrictor is a better album than From The Inside?

7 songs from From The Inside were performed on the Madhouse Rock tour

From The Inside
Serious
Nurse Rozetta
The Quiet Room
Wish I Was Born In Beverly Hills
How You Gonna See Me Now
Inmates (We're All Crazy)

I know you can make a similar case for The Butal Planet Tour in terms of songs played live from that album on that tour, but I don't think any of those songs compare to From The Inside.
I disagree completely. I think Brutal Planet was one of Alice's best albums.

I also think this show is very painful to watch...I just cannot stand Alice's vocals in this show.

Now, this Alice is better than the Alice in FTF, ZCS, Dada etc.. in my opinion.

Everyone has their own opinion. I know there's people on this board that feel Dada is Alice's best work. I can't stand it.

When you've got such a large catalogue of material like Alice does that spans over 3 decades...you're going to have a lot of variety in what the fans like.
If you call that guilty...then that's what I am

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:36 pm

Nev wrote:I don't think you can say anybody is a minority...not until you gather a group of people and do some statistics. Having said that, I think most of these 'the show is great' opinions come from Alice fans who have a very bias defending opinion. Its your choice to do so, but as for me I can't do that. I love Alice. Hes my idol. Hes tattooed on my arm and I named my first born Cooper after him. However; I can see a poor performance when I see one. I understand why it wasn't a great performance and why he was what he was then. I will watch the concert and enjoy it because its Alice and I love hearing anything he does. BUT, its still not a good performance no matter how hard he tried. People have their bad days, nothing you can do. To say it was a great show, its a stretch.
It seems those of you who don't like 'The Strange Case Of Alice Cooper' are ignoring the great theatrics of the show, the great perfomance by the band and just basing your opinion on an underweight Alice giving a vocal perfomance though not his best ever, certainly not as bad as some of you are making it out.

I also stand by my view that Luney Tune who said he wouldn't buy a DVD of this show if it is released next year to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Madhouse Rock tour would be in a minority.

Vote on it

Poll
Last edited by steven_crayn on Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nev
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Nev » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:36 pm

Sparticus wrote: When you've got such a large catalogue of material like Alice does that spans over 3 decades...you're going to have a lot of variety in what the fans like.
Agreed
-=Remember the Coop=-

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:57 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
WickedYoungMan wrote:
hywel wrote:hang on. pardon the pun. but it is an awfull performance by alice, i respect the guy had gone through hell but he was due to revisit it wasnt he. sorry whilst i would get it, i dont have to think it is great because it isnt.
if you showed this to a rock fan who is not into alice cooper , then the results would be negative.
I have to agree with you. While the show is very good, unfortunately Alice's performance isn't IMHO. It's almost like he was taking singing lessons from William Shatner if I may be facetious for a moment.

Had Alice had been in his normal shape, this probably would have been the best AC concert vid. Terrific set list for the time and all and very good theatrics.

In all honesty, I would not be entirely shocked if they decided to keep this in the vault from a DVD release just as "Alice & Friends" seems to be. But if they do, I'll be the first one in line to order it!
thats cool because it is your opinion.

why not a good killer show, when the band really rocked?

Nev
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Nev » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:31 pm

I think this is the best performance... Next to Strange Case.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lQ0rui36b4
-=Remember the Coop=-

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:56 pm

hywel wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:
WickedYoungMan wrote:

thats cool because it is your opinion.

why not a good killer show, when the band really rocked?
No problem with that, but no official full Killer show was ever released on video so an official DVD is unlikely

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:11 pm

I couldn't find a clip of Serious from The Strange Case on You Tube to link to but I did find this performance from Midnight Special Feb 79

Sounds good to me!

Nev
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Nev » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:31 pm

My fave album is From the Inside. Whats his BEST performance captured of this tour?
-=Remember the Coop=-

kosciuskouk
Dada God
Dada God

Post by kosciuskouk » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:55 pm

IMHO....owning all the live DVD's (official and not) ......I watch Strange Case more than any other. :grin:
If it's too loud...your too old! :rock:

Luney Tune
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Luney Tune » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:48 am

To Steven, I agree with you on the point that From The Inside is a far better album that Constrictor, but the The Nightmare Returns show is far better than Strange Case. Let me ask you this, what do you think about Alice`s singing performance om Strange Case ?
Or talking performance cause that what it really is.
It`s all in this luney tune....