30th Anniversary 'The Strange Case Of Alice Cooper' on DVD ?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

A_MichaelUK
Dada God
Dada God

Post by A_MichaelUK » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:22 am

>I stand corrected on that, that was the sort of figure I was hearing from sources on the day, as a matter of interest was their an official figure?

I think it was around 30,000, but I'm not certain.

glamprincess
Dada God
Dada God

Post by glamprincess » Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:56 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:> started off right at the front and must have got moved at least 20 feet by the swell of approx 90,000 people pushing.

The audience was nowhere near that big.
I stand corrected on that, that was the sort of figure I was hearing from sources on the day, as a matter of interest was their an official figure?
I had already posted a response concerning the size of the crowd on this thread. It is important to read all the posts. As I said earlier, the actual crowd was in the 25,000-30,000 range. And I also mentioned that the show with Alice headlining had set a record for the Reading Festival and was the highest turnout at that point. Your figure of 90,000 sounds more like the attendance at other festivals like Donington, not the Reading Festival.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:25 am

glamprincess wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:
A_MichaelUK wrote:> started off right at the front and must have got moved at least 20 feet by the swell of approx 90,000 people pushing.

The audience was nowhere near that big.
I stand corrected on that, that was the sort of figure I was hearing from sources on the day, as a matter of interest was their an official figure?
I had already posted a response concerning the size of the crowd on this thread. It is important to read all the posts. As I said earlier, the actual crowd was in the 25,000-30,000 range. And I also mentioned that the show with Alice headlining had set a record for the Reading Festival and was the highest turnout at that point. Your figure of 90,000 sounds more like the attendance at other festivals like Donington, not the Reading Festival.
I did see your post, was after the official figure, but I think you are probably not far off, reckon the 90,000 was approx the total for the 3 days at Reading hence the confusion. Donington did get higher attendances as it was a one day festival.
I also think you are right that Alice broke the record of the time for Reading.

Does anyone have the official figure for the Monsters of Rock Alice did with Deep Purple at Milton Keynes? would be interesting to see how that compared as a one day festival with the Donington attendances, I would have thought it would have been quite a bit less.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Owepar
Trash
Trash

Post by Owepar » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:54 am

Wow, this is one of the cattiest threads I've ever seen on this site.

"Strange Case" was the first A.C. videotape I ever owned, and it's partially responsible for making me a hardcore fan. True, Alice trips over the lyrics, growls a bit too much and he's way too gaunt, but he commanded the stage, the theatrics were fun, the band was in good form and the filming was most excellent (except for the terrible freeze-frames -- and overlooking the fact that a few filmed tunes were omitted). At least it's not as dreadful as, say, "Alice Cooper and Friends," which is poorly filmed, mostly Cooper-less and lacked the flair of the Killer/Evil Alice performances. I'd kill to have an official "Strange Case" DVD... as well as the Paris special, which I've only seen on You Tube.
Born Dead

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:22 am

The band members Alice had on the Madhouse Rocks tour were fantastic. I'd buy it just to get some more exposure to Prakash John. Alice, PJ... what more could you ask for?
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

thetallman
Trash
Trash

Post by thetallman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:21 pm

Owepar wrote:Wow, this is one of the cattiest threads I've ever seen on this site.

"Strange Case" was the first A.C. videotape I ever owned, and it's partially responsible for making me a hardcore fan. True, Alice trips over the lyrics, growls a bit too much and he's way too gaunt, but he commanded the stage, the theatrics were fun, the band was in good form and the filming was most excellent (except for the terrible freeze-frames -- and overlooking the fact that a few filmed tunes were omitted). At least it's not as dreadful as, say, "Alice Cooper and Friends," which is poorly filmed, mostly Cooper-less and lacked the flair of the Killer/Evil Alice performances. I'd kill to have an official "Strange Case" DVD... as well as the Paris special, which I've only seen on You Tube.
Agreed. This and 'Nightmare' ( A true TV Classic!) should be officially released instead of having to getting them elsewhere. Same with Paris not so sure about Friends...

Sadogoat
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Sadogoat » Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:40 pm

I'd kill for Alice in Paris and Strange Case

Guilty
Killer
Killer

Post by Guilty » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:20 am

strange case is on the top of my 'i want' lists :)
i'm guilty an i think i've been framed anyway

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:50 am

Sadogoat wrote:I'd kill for Alice in Paris and Strange Case
ive had alice in paris on vid for years quality okish. if this came out, but i cant see it, on dvd it would make my day.
let's play twister, let's play risk, yeah, yeah, yeah. yeah.hywel04@hotmail.com

kosciuskouk
Dada God
Dada God

Post by kosciuskouk » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:22 pm

Sadogoat wrote:I'd kill for Alice in Paris and Strange Case

You would????? where's my list of people i really don't like? ;)
If it's too loud...your too old! :rock:

Sadogoat
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Sadogoat » Sun Aug 03, 2008 4:44 pm

It must be under 10 people, I'm not some psychopath

kosciuskouk
Dada God
Dada God

Post by kosciuskouk » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:36 am

I don't this to re-raise the earlier debate about Alices voice v's theatrics etc......

But i would say that of the 12/15 people i personally know who have seen Alice live......only ONE other than myself would be bothered about going if it WASN'T for the theatrics. :grin:
If it's too loud...your too old! :rock:

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:43 am

Bought this on VHS in 1981 when there were about 8 concert videos in the world. I think it is pretty damn exciting, a great show, BUT Alice can hardly sing during this show for some reason!??

I've got it on DVD, did the convert. Would love it to be officially released though.

Gunner
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Gunner » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:35 pm

shaunbhoy
Trash
Trash

Post by shaunbhoy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:18 pm

got the Strange Case on dvd ripped from an old vhs tape , i got it from a pal down in Kent who has the original tape bought in 1981, quality is decent but a remastered one would be excellent. l'd buy it, its been on some torrent sites for a while mind you
The Coop Rocks 2008

hywel
Killer
Killer

Post by hywel » Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:28 pm

shaunbhoy wrote:got the Strange Case on dvd ripped from an old vhs tape , i got it from a pal down in Kent who has the original tape bought in 1981, quality is decent but a remastered one would be excellent. l'd buy it, its been on some torrent sites for a while mind you
its been around in the boot world for years.
let's play twister, let's play risk, yeah, yeah, yeah. yeah.hywel04@hotmail.com

Luney Tune
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Luney Tune » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:09 pm

As i said earlier in this thread. This concert is really really bad. lots of silly dancers which make this more of a Broadway show than the psycho horror show a Alice show should be. Terrible execution scene. I would not even call what Alice trying to do is singing. He talks staccato through the songs and i don`t think he got one lyric right.
He looks bad too, ultra thin with a bad perm.
How some of you can think this is a great performance really puzzles me.
This is by far the the worst performance by Alice for me. And this includes Alice Cooper and Friends. I would by the DVD, but just for the collection value of it.
Now excuse while I`m putting on "Brutally Live" That`s what i call a great Alice show !!!!
It`s all in this luney tune....

Shoesalesman
Little Mermaid
Little Mermaid

Post by Shoesalesman » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:38 pm

Luney Tune wrote:How some of you can think this is a great performance really puzzles me.
Different strokes for different folks, I guess. The tour had some great theatrics going for it.
If I may put forward a slice of personal colostomy...

mattcoddington
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mattcoddington » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:50 pm

i think the hey stoopid tour was underrated.

Darren
Killer
Killer

Post by Darren » Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:16 am

I would have loved to see a release for Hey Stoopid. and Raise Your Fist and Yell.

I really felt that the Live at Montreux concert was Alices Best vocally sounding performace. I loved the band as well. Brutal was good but the keyboards really were mixed too high for my liking. and the backup vocals were not that great.