Empire Pool (Wembley) 1972 Setlist

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Empire Pool (Wembley) 1972 Setlist

Post by VinceRaven » Fri Jan 19, 2024 4:57 pm

I don't suppose anybody on here happens to know for certain what the setlist was for this gig?

It was officially the end of the Killer tour and should have had the same set from around that time, but I've seen at least one claim that Gutter Cat was performed that night, which might be possible due the School's Out tour being about to begin.

Si makes no mention of any variation in the excellent setlist section on here, so I'm guessing it was indeed the straightforward Killer show.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Empire Pool (Wembley) 1972 Setlist

Post by Dannorama » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:28 pm

Setlist.fm is quite dependable for questions like this. Here's the setlist from that show (according to them.) Maybe ask Dennis if he remembers things differently? His memory is amazing.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:50 pm

Dannorama wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2024 9:28 pm
Setlist.fm is quite dependable for questions like this.
Setlists.fm IS a useful resource for sure, especially for more recent shows, but the further back you go the more you find people just guessing, as there are no recordings to show what was actually played on a specific night.
It's easy to do for Alice Cooper as often the set lists didn't change that much during a single tour - but they DID sometimes have variations.
I know that doesn't help answer the original question - just pointing out that it's very unlikely that whoever posted the Wembley '72 setlist was either a) at the show and can still remember with 100% accuracy and b) has a recording, as to the best of my knowledge none exists. So just bare in mind that some lists on Setlists.fm are basically "best guesses".

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Sat Jan 20, 2024 12:05 am

I agree that setlist.fm is very handy, but it's also true that it can be wildly inaccurate in places. I've seen setlists from gigs I was at that aren't much more than 50% correct.

I was reluctant to ask Dennis because it's a big ask for him to remember specific setlists from 50+ years ago. I suppose it was a pretty significant gig though.

forglasgowonly
Trash
Trash

Post by forglasgowonly » Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:31 pm

Ask him, I bet he will be happy to set the record straight.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:07 pm

Thanks to Dannorama for asking Dennis the question:

https://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/forums/v ... 11&t=10634