Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Voodoo Revolution
Killer
Killer

Metal Mythos: Alice Cooper

Post by Voodoo Revolution » Fri Nov 17, 2023 2:56 pm

https://youtu.be/hf_w0Z_j3Ho?feature=shared

A two and a half hour retrospective of Alice's back catalogue, from Pretties all the way up to Road.

Don't agree with all of the opinions stated but still a good watch.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Metal Mythos: Alice Cooper

Post by Saint&Sinner » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:08 pm

Razorfist does great retrospectives on different bands. I largely agree with his views on music in general and the alice retrospective in particular with only 3 exceptions:
1. might as well be on mars - i love it he does not.
2. W2MN - i love it he does not
3. he has allot more time for ACAS than i do.
Other than that i basically agree with him (although a couple of interpretations of songs are odd, but if it works for him who cares)

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:54 am

I always enjoy the Metal Mythos series as it's incredibly well researched, and I saw plenty of clips I'd never seen before.

That said, Razorfist has always had awful politics, and he usually does an ok job of leaving them at the door in the Mythos series, but he failed in that regard here, so unlike some of the others, I'll stick with one watch.

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:09 pm

It's taken me days to watch that, thanks to only watching it in short bursts because of how obnoxious the host is.

A lot of work has certainly gone into it and there aren't too many factual errors considering the length of the piece.

I guess it could prove interesting for anyone who doesn't have that wide a knowledge of Alice and the original band's career.

I have no desire to see anything he presents ever again.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Mon Nov 27, 2023 8:25 pm

Your mileage on the host will vary. I disagree politics wise but his sense of humor makes me laugh and largely he keeps politics out of his music discussions. I enjoy his arrogance of faith in his opinions. But i appreciate its a very personal take and is not trying to be diplomatic.
Musically me and him are pretty much the same page, his adoration for Dio and tony martin era sabbath is great to hear as so many dismiss the tony martin era, not to mention his defence of dokken and yngwie malmsteen. He has abroad taste musically and i do appreciate all of his mythos even when not a band i love like his black metal stuff.

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:00 pm

His Malmsteen one is the video that got me hooked on Metal Mythos. I will always watch them once, but he's objectively a pretty terrible person, so I try not to revisit them.

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:49 pm

Always enjoy the Metal Mythos videos. Couldn't care less about his political opinions, doesn't concern me.