Welcome to my nightmare - new 2lp + SACD

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Welcome to my nightmare - new 2lp + SACD

Post by mestreech » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:11 pm

Atlantic Records has a special 75th release of many artist.
These are special one time only pressings and not massproduction. So hurry if you want this.
-------------------------------------

Alice Cooper : Welcome to my nightmare on 2lp and on a SACD.

Analogue Productions (Atlantic 75 Series)

Celebrating the 75th Anniversary of Atlantic Records!

Alice Cooper's Welcome To My Nightmare

180-gram 45 RPM double LP release

Lacquers cut by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering

Pressed at Quality Record Pressings and RTI

1975 was a banner year for superstar Alice Cooper with the release of the groundbreaking concept album Welcome To My Nightmare. This album showcases Cooper's theatricality, storytelling prowess, and ability to create an immersive world of horror and fantasy.

From the opening notes of the title track, "Welcome to My Nightmare," listeners are transported into a dark and twisted dreamscape. Cooper's signature blend of rock, glam, and theatricality shines throughout the album. His gritty yet melodic vocals, combined with a richly layered musical backdrop, create an atmosphere of eerie enchantment. The album's production incorporates haunting orchestral arrangements, catchy hooks, and powerful guitar riffs, crafting a sonically diverse and captivating listening experience.

Teaming up again with his longtime producer Bob Ezrin, the duo assembled some of the greatest music to go along with the David Winter produced film, and in doing so, created some of h is best known songs like the huge hit single "Only Women Bleed." This Top 5 single carried Welcome To My Nightmare into multiple platinum territory and forever etched the word superstar to the name of Alice Cooper.

All the hallmarks of a top-notch Analogue Productions reissue are here for you to savor: Mastered directly from the original master tape by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering and cut at 45 RPM. Pressed on 180-gram vinyl at Quality Record Pressings and RTI, and housed in tip-on old style gatefold double pocket jackets with film lamination by Stoughton Printing.

Side 1
1. Welcome To My Nightmare (5:19)
2. Devil's Food (3:38)
3. The Black Widow (3:37)
Side 2
1. Some Folks (4:19)
2. Only Women Bleed (5:59)
Side 3
1. Department Of Youth (3:18)
2. Cold Ethyl (2:51)
3. Years Ago (2:51)
Side 4
1. Steven (5:52)
2. The Awakening (2:25)
3. Escape (3:20)

-------------------

Hybrid Stereo SACD release

Mastered direct-to-DSD by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering

1975 was a banner year for superstar Alice Cooper with the release of the groundbreaking concept album Welcome To My Nightmare. This album showcases Cooper's theatricality, storytelling prowess, and ability to create an immersive world of horror and fantasy.

From the opening notes of the title track, "Welcome to My Nightmare," listeners are transported into a dark and twisted dreamscape. Cooper's signature blend of rock, glam, and theatricality shines throughout the album. His gritty yet melodic vocals, combined with a richly layered musical backdrop, create an atmosphere of eerie enchantment. The album's production incorporates haunting orchestral arrangements, catchy hooks, and powerful guitar riffs, crafting a sonically diverse and captivating listening experience.

Teaming up again with his longtime producer Bob Ezrin, the duo assembled some of the greatest music to go along with the David Winter produced film, and in doing so, created some of his best known songs like the huge hit single "Only Women Bleed." This Top 5 single carried Welcome To My Nightmare into multiple platinum territory and forever etched the word superstar to the name of Alice Cooper.

- Info from Acoustic Sounds.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Welcome to my nightmare - new 2lp + SACD

Post by pitkin88 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:04 pm

Good

1) Bellman has an excellent reputation.
2) From the master tapes. 180 gram vinyl etc
3) You can skip Some Folks and Only Women Bleed.

Bad

4) Years ago really should be heard with along with Steven and The Awakening but here you have to flip the disc losing all the impact.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:27 pm

Personally, I'm kind of burned out on 45rpm LPs. Sure, it sounds nice, but it's twice the effort of a regular LP. Besides, is anyone making money on these besides the record company?
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:10 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:04 pm
Good

Bad

4) Years ago really should be heard with along with Steven and The Awakening but here you have to flip the disc losing all the impact.
Might as well split up side 2 of Abbey Road.

alicefannor
Killer
Killer

Post by alicefannor » Thu Sep 28, 2023 10:57 am

nice!!!

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Thu Sep 28, 2023 4:47 pm

Is the hybrid SACD a 5.1 mix or just stereo?
im not sure i need another version of this without something as a sweetener.....

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:03 pm

I suspect a stereo mix but I'm not sure. We'll have to wait for more info.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:19 am

hmm.. I don't know, doesn't seem to serve a real purpose. A nice novelty item for those with the disposable income or are cursed with the completism virus.

Splitting up Years Ago/Steven/The Awakening is a bad choice but rearranging the track list on such an iconic album or choosing a 3:28 Side 4 aren't good options either.

But God bless for those who will buy it

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:53 am

mr.barlow wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 10:10 pm
pitkin88 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:04 pm
Good

Bad

Might as well split up side 2 of Abbey Road.
Hard to sum it up any better than that.

rodentdog
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by rodentdog » Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:50 pm

I still remember where Halo of flies was split on the 8 track!

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Oct 02, 2023 1:30 pm

rodentdog wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:50 pm
I still remember where Halo of flies was split on the 8 track!
I didn't experience that edit but, the worst feeling would arrive during the fade out-Click!-fade in.
Glad cassettes improved to signal the end of 8-Tracks!
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

ReGorLaTroy
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by ReGorLaTroy » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:54 am

mestreech wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:11 pm
Atlantic Records has a special 75th release of many artist.
These are special one time only pressings and not massproduction. So hurry if you want this.
-------------------------------------

Alice Cooper : Welcome to my nightmare on 2lp and on a SACD.

180-gram 45 RPM double LP release

Lacquers cut by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering

Pressed at Quality Record Pressings and RTI

Teaming up again with his longtime producer Bob Ezrin, the duo assembled some of the greatest music to go along with the David Winter produced film, and in doing so, created some of h is best known songs like the huge hit single "Only Women Bleed." This Top 5 single carried Welcome To My Nightmare into multiple platinum territory and forever etched the word superstar to the name of Alice Cooper.

All the hallmarks of a top-notch Analogue Productions reissue are here for you to savor: Mastered directly from the original master tape by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering and cut at 45 RPM. Pressed on 180-gram vinyl at Quality Record Pressings and RTI, and housed in tip-on old style gatefold double pocket jackets with film lamination by Stoughton Printing.

Side 1
1. Welcome To My Nightmare (5:19)
2. Devil's Food (3:38)
3. The Black Widow (3:37)
Side 2
1. Some Folks (4:19)
2. Only Women Bleed (5:59)
Side 3
1. Department Of Youth (3:18)
2. Cold Ethyl (2:51)
3. Years Ago (2:51)
Side 4
1. Steven (5:52)
2. The Awakening (2:25)
3. Escape (3:20)

-------------------

Hybrid Stereo SACD release

Mastered direct-to-DSD by Chris Bellman at Bernie Grundman Mastering

Teaming up again with his longtime producer Bob Ezrin, the duo assembled some of the greatest music to go along with the David Winter produced film, and in doing so, created some of his best known songs like the huge hit single "Only Women Bleed." This Top 5 single carried Welcome To My Nightmare into multiple platinum territory and forever etched the word superstar to the name of Alice Cooper.

- Info from Acoustic Sounds.
Many thanks Mestreetch!

Definitely ordering the SACD Hybrid.

Welcome to My Nightmare was a huge album to the 12 year old lad I was waaaay back in ‘75.

While I agree with Saint & Sinner that a 5.1 mix would be most welcomed, this doesn’t diminish the excitement I have at this release.

Many thanks, once again!

-RGLT
"I'm a gambler, and I'm a runner..."

ReGorLaTroy
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by ReGorLaTroy » Tue Oct 03, 2023 1:58 am

PS…

Unrelated, but I’m still (fanboy) excited that Funko has released an Alice “album cover” version of Alice in the “Welcome to My Nightmare” garb.

(This being the third Alice incarnation).

Amazon has a good deal on it now…

…please don’t forget the the STUK option for ordering.
"I'm a gambler, and I'm a runner..."

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:24 pm

what version of welcome to my nightmare will it be do we think? i think the dvd audio version is superior to the standard album. some of the different edits etc.

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:38 am

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:24 pm
what version of welcome to my nightmare will it be do we think? i think the dvd audio version is superior to the standard album. some of the different edits etc.
I’m pretty sure it’s the original album version. If they were releasing it with different mixes , takes, edits that would be a major selling point and mentioned in the publicity.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:49 am

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2023 4:24 pm
The duration of Devil's Food would indicate it's the original album version.

I too like the dvd audio version better than the original vinyl