Nita Strauss: The Call of the Void

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Mr. Misdemeanor
Killer
Killer

Nita Strauss: The Call of the Void

Post by Mr. Misdemeanor » Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:28 pm

Anybody else listening to this? I think it's a big step up from her last album. Metal guitarist solo instrumental albums usually bore the shit out of me after the first few minutes, but this one is a good listen. There are two versions of some tracks; one instrumental and another with guest vocalists like Lzzy Hale, David Draiman, and Alice Cooper. Honestly, I prefer the instrumental versions.

"Scorched" and "Momentum" are probably my favorite instrumental tracks. "Digital Bullets" is probably my favorite of the tracks with vocals; kinda curious what Alice would have sounded like singing this one. The one Alice sings on is called "Winner Takes All." It's ok, but I'm not crazy about the chorus.

I think the Lzzy Hale track "Through the Noise" and "Victorious" featuring Dorothy Martin have the most commercial potential. They have that "anthem" sing-along thing that seems to be popular with modern rock fans.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Nita Strauss: The Call of the Void

Post by cooperrocks » Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:34 pm

It is a terrific album. I really liked the first one and I like this one even better. As a fan of very hard rock and metal, I love the shredding guitar and the songs with vocals on them are all excellent. I had preordered the album and it did not disappoint! One of my favorite albums of 2023 so far.