"Road" - Reviews

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Dragontown
Trash
Trash

Re: "Road" - Reviews

Post by Dragontown » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:54 am

I can accept that many fans feel Nita doesn't fit and she's only posing: it's always been a "sausage party" in Alice land up until the great Orianthi, and I can accept people feel like the club is broken.
To me, honestly, although I don't fall for Nita, she's the best thing that happened to AC band in the last 10 years and it was obviously a business move. The carousel can live on. One prayer: I wish she would be allowed to play the outro solo to Poison one day

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:59 am

I cannot believe Nina would come back/ be invited to come back, without the other bandmembers agreement..
Maybe for once we could/should believe what Alice says : they are all best friends ?
( we"ve been dissecting the record, the lyrics, the setlist, now the bandmembers...what's next ?)
you really wouldn't understand..

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:18 pm

Dragontown wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:54 am
I can accept that many fans feel Nita doesn't fit and she's only posing: it's always been a "sausage party" in Alice land up until the great Orianthi, and I can accept people feel like the club is broken.
To me, honestly, although I don't fall for Nita, she's the best thing that happened to AC band in the last 10 years and it was obviously a business move. The carousel can live on. One prayer: I wish she would be allowed to play the outro solo to Poison one day
It's good for you if you can accept it. It's hard for me to accept that people calls you an ACG hater of you would like to have a setlist with 40-50% of songs from the first 5 years of Alice's carreer and 50% from the last almost 50 years. And it's hard to accept the negativity against Nita and the 80's songs (5-6 songs from 20).

I hope that Nita stays in the band for the next...I don't think we have to discuss about how many years...Alice is 75 years old and it's only his decision how long he want to do it. Maybe 5 years, maybe 7-8 or maybe 10. We will see it.
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:14 pm

Let's get back to talking about the album. I have a Spotify list that contains all the available studio albums*. I like playing it in shuffle, because I hear things I'd completely forgotten about. Every time a "Road" song comes on, it really stands out. Go ahead and joke, but I think the album is a fine addition to the compilation.

*as pointed out previously, "Eyes" is not available. I also left out the Hollywood Vampires albums

Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:13 pm

Pitta wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:18 pm
Dragontown wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:54 am
It's good for you if you can accept it. It's hard for me to accept that people calls you an ACG hater of you would like to have a setlist with 40-50% of songs from the first 5 years of Alice's carreer and 50% from the last almost 50 years. And it's hard to accept the negativity against Nita and the 80's songs (5-6 songs from 20).

I hope that Nita stays in the band for the next...I don't think we have to discuss about how many years...Alice is 75 years old and it's only his decision how long he want to do it. Maybe 5 years, maybe 7-8 or maybe 10. We will see it.
I think if the next album is a full effort by the original band you'll see the set list ve about 75% original band stuff.

Likely the other 25% would be his significant solo hits and songs like:
Welcome To My Nightmare
Steven (possibly)
Only Women Bleed
Go to hell (possible)
The Ryfay trilogy (only to showcase kane)
Poison
Feed my frankenstein

I think his last tours ( i dont think he'll ever have a farewell tour....there will just be a last tour) will be a nod to his beginnings and will feature surprise guests on stage as well as a celebration of the original band.

I'd even bet they do something with Glen Buxton through a video screen or some technology ( did you hear me Bob Buxton?)

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:35 pm

"Come on vinnie...your shaking those maracas like your a 75 year old man! You gotta keep up with the energy I unleash by flipping my hair....plus I'm shredding so shake faster!!!"

lordcatfish
Killer
Killer

Post by lordcatfish » Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:10 pm

Yeah, I feel like I've missed something here. There's been a few weird posts about Nita in the past few days.

Pitta
Killer
Killer

Post by Pitta » Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:18 pm

I think if the next album is a full effort by the original band you'll see the set list ve about 75% original band stuff.

Likely the other 25% would be his significant solo hits and songs like:
Welcome To My Nightmare
Steven (possibly)
Only Women Bleed
Go to hell (possible)
The Ryfay trilogy (only to showcase kane)
Poison
Feed my frankenstein

I think his last tours ( i dont think he'll ever have a farewell tour....there will just be a last tour) will be a nod to his beginnings and will feature surprise guests on stage as well as a celebration of the original band.

I'd even bet they do something with Glen Buxton through a video screen or some technology ( did you hear me Bob Buxton?)
[/quote]

It sounds terrible. Really. Full show with only the oldest songs and a remember set for Glen. He was good, he was very important and wrote significant songs for Alice but please...I think if he makes a whole album with the ACG they will make a short set in the middle for 5-6 concerts in the US and in the UK too and they will play 2 maybe 3 from the new stuff, and in every other places he will play his normal best of set like in the last 15 years.
Where's my make-up, where's my face ?

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:32 pm

Who knows? Maybe this will be the final tour.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sat Oct 07, 2023 6:56 am

Dannorama wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:14 pm
Let's get back to talking about the album. I have a Spotify list that contains all the available studio albums*. I like playing it in shuffle, because I hear things I'd completely forgotten about. Every time a "Road" song comes on, it really stands out. Go ahead and joke, but I think the album is a fine addition to the compilation.

*as pointed out previously, "Eyes" is not available. I also left out the Hollywood Vampires albums

I just did the same last week and totally agree!

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sat Oct 07, 2023 7:38 am

Now we seem to be trying to convince ourselves that Alice will be hanging his boots up next year and wrapping everything up with a ACG focused tour to support the album. God, I hope not.

As far as I could see he was thoroughly enjoying himself this year with the Vampires, the guy is a touring machine, been doing it for decades. It’s in the blood and he certainly says that often enough. He loves an audience and certainly a big one as well.

He certainly doesn’t need the money either so surely the best bet is that he will continue enjoying himself until health, lack of audience or some unforeseen event impacts.

I fully expect an ACG focussed period next year, possibly with a few tracks from the album in the next tour set and and some sort of reflection on the legacy of the ACG.

Anyone paid attention to the fact that in 2024 it’s 60 yrs since the letterman show and 50 years since the bands final gig. Seems totally appropriate to me to release the old guys album and package something around that ten year period. This would allow better recognition of the band and also allow Alice to then continue for as long as he wants doing Vampires and solo stuff. He should not close a career focussing on less than 20% of it.

My best hope for a final gig, whenever it comes? Guest or headline slot at a major festival with the current band plus guests and 50,000+ people acknowledging his contribution.

Don’t forget that HV are probably not going away yet either..

jacknifejohnny
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by jacknifejohnny » Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:58 am

I personally think the Hollywood Vampires will get more prominent than solo Alice from here on. Who knows if Steven Tyler will be able to perform again, which will lead to Joe Perry being available 12 months per year. Gotta say, that they blew me away when I saw them in Glasgow earlier this year, great to see Alice diverting from the same old setlist. Praying and hoping for an original guys small theatre tour as well when that long awaited album is released. That’d be a great finish to an amazing career

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:13 pm

jacknifejohnny wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:58 am
I personally think the Hollywood Vampires will get more prominent than solo Alice from here on. Who knows if Steven Tyler will be able to perform again, which will lead to Joe Perry being available 12 months per year. Gotta say, that they blew me away when I saw them in Glasgow earlier this year, great to see Alice diverting from the same old setlist. Praying and hoping for an original guys small theatre tour as well when that long awaited album is released. That’d be a great finish to an amazing career
I completely agree. Less dates, bigger venues, less costs, better press and more money.

The question is could the HV survive if they don't bring Nita on board?

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Oct 07, 2023 11:36 pm

mr.barlow wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 4:13 pm
jacknifejohnny wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:58 am
I completely agree. Less dates, bigger venues, less costs, better press and more money.

Why... they already have Joe & Tommy?
So, what is wrong w/Johnny- he's a fine player & can sing.
He also has a couple of great mentors. JP can handle just about anything.
If they brought in anybody it would be Kane in case of JP health issues.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:22 am

I know its dripping with sarcasm but i dont get the nita hate being banded around.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:39 pm

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 6:22 am
I know its dripping with sarcasm but i dont get the nita hate being banded around.
That's a Bingo!
I've started a "I hate Nita" thread so we can get this one back on track. I won't be mad if the other thread goes away. I'm just sick of the vocal opinions here.
:axe:
Last edited by Dannorama on Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:16 pm

Dannorama wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:39 pm
That's a Bingo!
To the quoted point, No, that was (and is) not a question. I've started a "I hate Nita" thread so we can get this one back on track. I won't be mad if the other thread goes away. I'm just sick of the vocal opinions here.
:axe:
Of course it won`t be allowed. But your point is valid - unlike the mostly groundless criticism of Nita.
You don`t think she fits - fine.
You think she over plays - also fine.
But I won't have endless unfounded insults aimed at anyone, let alone someone who has done absolutely nothing wrong and doesn't deserve it, especially as it's mainly based on personal taste, bias, or simple trolling of other fans.

For the record I think Nita is a phenomenal player and has injected a huge amount of energy into the current show/line up. It isn't a competition as to who can play what better. That's the whole point of having the three guitarist up there. They all bring something different to the table which benefits everyone.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:21 pm

Bless you, Si!

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:08 pm

Of course it won`t be allowed. But your point is valid - unlike the mostly groundless criticism of Nita.
You don`t think she fits - fine.
You think she over plays - also fine.
But I won't have endless unfounded insults aimed at anyone, let alone someone who has done absolutely nothing wrong and doesn't deserve it, especially as it's mainly based on personal taste, bias, or simple trolling of other fans.

Totally agree ! Negativity is contagious...
you really wouldn't understand..

rodentdog
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by rodentdog » Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:12 pm

Yes thank you Si. I totally agree. I appreciate all the members of the current band. It's a great live show. And while Road might not be a great album it's still a new Alice album. Probably one of the few new albums I will buy this year that's not a reissue.