Vampyre Cosmetics

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

suziginajackson
Killer
Killer

Vampyre Cosmetics

Post by suziginajackson » Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:07 am

ALICE COOPER Collaborates With VAMPYRE COSMETICS On Makeup Collection / Blabbermouth

"Vampyre Cosmetics, the luxury beauty disruptor brand known for its vegan and cruelty free makeup, has announced a collaboration with the undisputed Godfather of shock rock and the original makeup disruptor, Alice Cooper. The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame inductee is no stranger to breaking barriers over his five-decade career where he pioneered a theatrical form of hard rock music performance. Alice's use of makeup during his stage shows, christened him one of the first male artists to show the art form of face makeup wasn't a gender-specific product in an era where this was controversial.

Through a unique collaboration with Cooper, the licensing agent Global Merchandising and the design team at Vampyre Cosmetics comes an exclusive collection celebrating the distinctive look and style of Alice Cooper. This collection will exude Alice's style and feature guitar and amp shaped makeup palettes, microphone styled lipsticks and a major highlight for Alice Cooper and makeup fans to look forward to is a new version of Alice Cooper's iconic Whiplash mascara. A unisex product originally created to "Liberate Your Eyes.""

The Alice Cooper Collection / Vampyre Cosmetics
People try to put us down
Just because we get around

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Vampyre Cosmetics

Post by killer wolf » Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:21 pm

they've put the effort in, looks good. not that it's a product i'd use, lol.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:41 pm

Who didn't see this coming?? :bam:
Glad AC is onboard... :/
I just hope it doesn't cause a rash. :x
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:24 am

Well that didn't last long.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:28 am

He's taking a bit of a kicking on Twitter.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:03 am

Hard not to see the irony coming from a 75 year old man with shoulder length dyed black hair and women's make up who dressed like a woman and sometimes painted his nails black. One of the first ( if not first ) gender bending rock stars who was about to engage in a make up venture manages to go full on Fox News with his comments.

In the future everyone will be bi sexual eh Alice?

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:49 pm

You manage to stay away from controversial political musings all your life then right when they are getting your memorial in order you turn into Ted Nugent....what an ass

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Fri Aug 25, 2023 3:53 pm

I saw that the company had immediately dropped Alice after his comments. Here are my thoughts on all of that. I will begin and I don't want to get into any kind of real political discussion about one's views, everyone is entitled to their own but there are a few basic things that need to be covered.

I consider myself an independent though I will concede I wouldn't vote for Trump for grape stomper much less President. That being said, I wish Alice who has always said politics has no place in rock n roll and as Pitkin pointed out had plead the 5th on his thoughts regarding the Transgender movement. You can't win in that situation. I know many of you are based in the UK but here in the United States, I have never seen it worse and more polarized than it is today. There is no middle ground here anymore so you can't win. What Alice said was a very far right viewpoint which means that if someone is a MAGA (Trump supporter) then what he said would be highly approved on the extreme right. However, what he said would be highly hated by the extreme left and as someone in the middle politically, I wish he hadn't said anything! Alice is getting slammed big time on Social Media (and he generally has escaped much criticism through the years) with many people claiming they are going to stop listening to him and frankly it is horrible timing for his comments to come out a day or two before the new album was released.

Carlos Santana got in hot water this week for some comments in concert regarding that movement and apologized for his comments. It would be in Alice's best interest to do the same. One final thought, Pitkin mentioned Ted Nugent (you can to an extent through Kid Rock in there too) and there lies the problem. Nugent's early albums and guitar playing are actually very good but his political extremism destroyed his career and he is now known way more for that than his music. Alice isn't anywhere near that but be careful Alice, be careful. You seriously don't want to make the news circles for a political view when you have new music out.

Mr. Misdemeanor
Killer
Killer

Post by Mr. Misdemeanor » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:07 pm

I wasn't aware of any kind of controversy since I'm not very active on social media. I went to Blabbermouth and they had a transcript of his interview. I have to say that I agree with Alice 100%. He wasn't a raving loon like Ted Nugent by any stretch. He seems sit squarely into the Dee Snider camp. He doesn't say anything negative about the Trans community, but thinks it's wrong for society to influence children and teens about transitioning. In other words, a person shouldn't make such a major life decision until they are mature enough to know their own minds. His second point was that cancel culture has run amok. If he's taking a beating on social media for his first comment I think it just reinforces how right he is about his second point.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:08 pm

Spineless morons. they need him more than he needs them. no loss.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:09 pm

Very well said... a friend of mine posted this recently and I couldn't agree more.

"These rockers are pushing 80. I guess when you think about grandma and their ways, these guys are in the same boat..."

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:10 pm

It's not like the new record was gonna sell well anyway...

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:43 pm

Woke culture gone mad!

Let’s look at what Alice actually said

“I’m understanding that there are cases of transgender, but I’m afraid that it’s also a fad, and I’m afraid there’s a lot of people claiming to be this just because they want to be that.
I find it wrong when you’ve got a 6-year-old kid who has no idea. He just wants to play, and you’re confusing him telling him, ‘Yeah, you’re a boy, but you could be a girl if you want to be.
I think that’s so confusing to a kid. It’s even confusing to a teenager.
You’re still trying to find your identity, and yet here’s this thing going on, saying, ‘Yeah, but you can be anything you want. You can be a cat if you want to be’.
I mean, if you identify as a tree… And I’m going, ‘Come on! What are we in, a Kurt Vonnegut novel?
It’s so absurd, that it’s gone now to the point of absurdity.
The whole woke thing, who’s making the rules? Is there a building somewhere in New York where people sit down every day and say, ‘Okay, we can’t say “mother” now. We have to say “birthing person.” Get that out on the wire right now?
Who is this person that’s making these rules? I don’t get it. I’m not being old school about it. I’m being logical about it.”

Alice was bang on the money and doesn’t need this pathetic cosmetic company.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

AlongCameASpider27
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by AlongCameASpider27 » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:45 pm

Well anybody who knows Alice knows he is a good man, a kind man and he is allowed his opinion. I am so sick and tired of people who voice their opinion on something and then you don't agree with someone and then they decide well you have to be punished! I will support Alice on this matter and anything cause he hasn't done a damn thing wrong....that said, DS went number 1 whose to say that Road doesn't as well...negative publicity can always turn out to be a positive...hell the man thrived on controversy for years...
"Freedom to rock, freedom to talk, freeeedom, raise your fist and yell!"

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Aug 25, 2023 4:58 pm

I think I have to ask that this conversation stops here.
It's going to head into political AND religious territory very quickly (kinda already has) and that isn't what we are here for.

The bottom line is that Alice, a 76 year old very religious white man, was asked a question which the journalist likely knew would get him into trouble however he answered it, and Alice fell for it. It felt like a trap to me, at the end of a perfectly normal interview.

This is why Alice generally avoids talking politics in interviews.

So, he said it, and it's out there. But it doesn't effect the music or the shows so let's just more on please.