Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Rock and Roll Globe interview

Post by mestreech » Sat Jul 01, 2023 4:45 pm

As seen on the news page.
Rock and Roll Globe have an interview about the recent deluxe reissues with liner notes co-author and former Creem editor Bill Holdship.
Interesting in this interview is that Rhino/WB asked him to write also linernotes for the B$B album so maybe we get another deluxe edition.
Disappointing to read is the fact that there is no news for further editions. Nothing is in the pipeline but things can change.
I still don't understand they skipped Love it to Death. Such a missed chance.

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Rock and Roll Globe interview

Post by tuneylune » Sun Jul 02, 2023 8:55 am

Well, it took this long for KILLER and SCHOOL'S OUT after the 2001 BILLION DOLLAR BABIES , so let's keep our fingers crossed-as You said, things can change.

I remember that 1986 CREEM story He mentioned ...one of the better articles I've read about AC
"I need everything the world owes me..."

Agrophile in Texas
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Re: Rock and Roll Globe interview

Post by Agrophile in Texas » Sat Jul 22, 2023 1:42 pm

I was disappointed to read that there weren't any current plans for Love it to Death. I really liked what they did with Killer and School's Out, including those insights from the band and Ezrin, and the fan notes. I'd like that on LITD, and also hear outtakes and a concert from around that time.

None of us are getting any younger, so let's have some urgency getting the other's out.

I was curious why he mentioned that AC, with The Beatles, used to be his favorites... so it was good to have him clarify that in the interview, that he didn't follow Coop into his solo era, or follow as closely. Though I've been a fan throughout his career, so it's still The Beatles, Alice (and Devo) as my top 3.