B$B in quad on blu ray by Rhino

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

B$B in quad on blu ray by Rhino

Post by mestreech » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:12 pm

From the Steve Hoffmannforum : It's gonna be a expensive summer!!

Very exciting news for the surround listeners here:

Yes, advance buzz is that Rhino will be accepting orders on four new titles in their Quadio Surround series releases of vintage four channel "Quadraphonic" mixed albums from the Warner umbrella (which includes the Atlantic and Grunt labels this time around). These will be Blu-ray discs with fresh new stereo remastering as well as the included 4.0 Quadraphonic mixes in 24/192kHz.

Previous releases in the series have included the Chicago and The Doobie Brothers box sets of complete quadraphonic mixed album catalogs.

Two of the arriving titles have been long top requested titles in their vintage 70's Quadraphonic mixes, and have been fan's favorite albums. Get ready to fire up your Oppo players and 5.1 playback for these new titles:

Black Sabbath - "Paranoid"
Alice Cooper - Billion Dollar Babies"
J. Geils Band - "Nightmares and other tales from the vinyl jungle"
Jefferson Starship - "Red Octopus"

Original quad mixed albums were issued in the 70's on various formats including LP, 8-Track, and Reel-to-Reel tapes. So these are all-analog "period" mixes with the original artists and producers involved. Really cool ones!!!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: B$B in quad on blu ray by Rhino

Post by Si » Wed Jun 14, 2023 12:14 pm

I saw something about that a few days ago. No one seems to know anything about it haha

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Wed Jun 14, 2023 5:52 pm

i mean i am sure i will buy it anyway (and maybe the black sabbath one too as i havent heard that) but considering the dvd-audio version it seems a little pointless.
Would have been better to get a atmos mix or something but again, i will probably buy it anyway!

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:32 pm

I ordered mine on Rhino records.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:34 pm

This seems to be a link to order avoiding US shipping charges and possible import fees.
I've never used them so not endorsing them or anything - just passing on the info. I'll probably give them a try but haven`t yet.
They also have an August date for release...
https://shop.thisisdig.com/gb/dig/billi ... 27151.html

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Tue Jun 27, 2023 1:02 pm

cheers for the link/heads up on this. I have the B$B dvd-audio so not essential but would be interested to hear it and see how different it is. Shame we wont get any atmos mixes for alice albums (last temptation, hey stoopid and from the inside would sound amazing)

ReGorLaTroy
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by ReGorLaTroy » Thu Jun 29, 2023 1:26 am

Just received the shipping notification from Rhino.

Can’t wait to hear this one.

Looks like 2023 is the summer of Alice!

:)
"I'm a gambler, and I'm a runner..."

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:46 pm

I bought this thinking it may only be available for a limited time and it will be nice to have a pristine 4-channel official version finally. Never had the original quad vinyl but have a decent stereo fold down vinyl rip. I was surprised that the old DVD audio was not the Quad version of B$B so to have the quad version proper has been a long wait for me.

Between exchange and shipping it will be a little over $60 Canadian, so kind of expensive but worth it to me. I was going to order the Sabbath/Paranoid disc as well, but looks like they're out of stock.

Agrophile in Texas
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Agrophile in Texas » Fri Jul 21, 2023 1:42 pm

Mine arrived yesterday, but since I don't have 4 speakers, I could only hear it in a very limited way. But I was curious, and it is interesting to hear the different mix on these songs. I'm hoping a family member, a friend, or even a friend of a friend of a friend, has a good set-up and wouldn't mind me hanging out and giving it a proper listen.

I too wasn't sure if this was a limited edition, but I thought better safe than sorry. Pick it up and figure out the other later.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:36 am

Still not got mine :( lets hope i get it soon!