Re: “Road,” August 25, 2023

Post by Parish » Wed Jul 19, 2023 4:16 pm

Stinks...next

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:40 pm

Like it better than the first song. I’ll echo the spoken word style vocals can stop now. And I too would like to see some Beasto Blanco / Glam / shred influences on the album. And I’m down with exploring a different producer. Ezrin is excellent but the sound is getting a wee bit stale IMO. I’m still grateful that Alice is still rocking and not putting out a country album or best of Broadway or old time gospel album.

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Wed Jul 19, 2023 5:50 pm

So, running score on feedback seems to be 10 positive 1 ? and 3 negative. Not bad going so far.
I’m another one who can’t see the metal at all and am keen to hear the album now.

A little bit of Beasto on a few tracks would be great.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Wed Jul 19, 2023 6:53 pm

Its soooo cartoonish...reminds me of....https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/7890e75f-7 ... ad0a805ae3

charliemidnite
Trash
Trash

Post by charliemidnite » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:02 pm

This is my first post.
I would like to apologize in advance for my English. It's not my mother tongue.
I bought AC's first record when I was 14. PFY. Since then I've enjoyed listening to every recording by AC.
Whether with the band or his solo works
His last record DS wasn't necessarily my first choice, but I was grateful to hear something "new" again.
From my point of view the first track as well as this new one is not bad.
I think his songs are good otherwise I wouldn't buy and listen to them.
Now when I compare his current work to all the other records they are okay.
I'm looking forward to August.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:21 pm

I like I'mAlice more , perhaps because it's the first single ?
But the second one is ok, so I'm hopeful for the rest of the album. I for one am glad Alice is still going his own way ..
Nice interview on BBC, thanks for posting the link. (Vinylalbum cover in the background )
you really wouldn't understand..

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Wed Jul 19, 2023 8:10 pm

charliemidnite wrote:
Wed Jul 19, 2023 7:02 pm
This is my first post.
I would like to apologize in advance for my English. It's not my mother tongue.
I bought AC's first record when I was 14. PFY. Since then I've enjoyed listening to every recording by AC.
Whether with the band or his solo works
His last record DS wasn't necessarily my first choice, but I was grateful to hear something "new" again.
From my point of view the first track as well as this new one is not bad.
I think his songs are good otherwise I wouldn't buy and listen to them.
Now when I compare his current work to all the other records they are okay.
I'm looking forward to August.
Good to have you Charlie!

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:20 am

Does anyone else hear warrants “ cherry pie” in the chorus when he’s singing “ white line Frankenstein “? Really sounded very similar to me. Like almost lawsuit similar

Miller
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Miller » Thu Jul 20, 2023 1:12 am

scotty wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:20 am
Does anyone else hear warrants “ cherry pie” in the chorus when he’s singing “ white line Frankenstein “? Really sounded very similar to me. Like almost lawsuit similar
Yes I hear it and so do others, surely Alice and Ezrin hear it. I prefer I'm Alice to this song...he needs a new producer with some different ideas as Ezrin is stale in my book.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:52 am

I wonder if tommy henricksen might not be ready to sit in that seat on forthcoming recordings? Heck I think by now alice knows what he wants anyway, he could do it himself maybe. Ezrin has such a legendary career with Alice I don’t see that happening unless he’s unavailable though.
I like the track btw, I just can’t believe they didn’t rework that chorus.

Miller
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Miller » Thu Jul 20, 2023 5:21 am

scotty wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:52 am
I wonder if tommy henricksen might not be ready to sit in that seat on forthcoming recordings? Heck I think by now alice knows what he wants anyway, he could do it himself maybe. Ezrin has such a legendary career with Alice I don’t see that happening unless he’s unavailable though.
It's definitely a "wtf" moment about the chorus and I agree Tommy would be a great choice.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:44 am

He’s a Swiss Army knife. Random question for fellow fans out there - how long before Johnny depp makes an appearance on an Alice album?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:45 am

scotty wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 9:44 am
He’s a Swiss Army knife. Random question for fellow fans out there - how long before Johnny depp makes an appearance on an Alice album?
Kinda surprised it's not happened already! Seems a slam-dunk to get publicity.

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Thu Jul 20, 2023 12:25 pm

I have to admit that i cannot find the quality of Paranormal so far. Plus I’ve been hating the spoken word since “Dont give up”. I know it’s different there but spoken word parts on the new songs forces my mind to completely forget them. I cannot remember the tune or the lyrics to get stuck on it.

VinceLeeRose
Killer
Killer

Post by VinceLeeRose » Thu Jul 20, 2023 4:45 pm

scotty wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 2:52 am
Tommy produced the last HV album, Rise, and I think that turned out pretty good.

MacQueen
Killer
Killer

Post by MacQueen » Thu Jul 20, 2023 6:58 pm

I found WLF a bit better and more cohesive than I'm Alice. Im just dreading the covers, because Alice shouldn't be doing covers and that any cover he has done (even with Hollywood Vampires) is just plain cringe...especially the return of Road Rats...from his first watered down, weak album way, way back in the day.

Ditching Ezrin would have been a good idea...if it were still 2017. A newer producer would have actually challenged Alice to be more modern. But it's not just Bob that's past his prime. Alice can't seem to live past 1971 these days. Ezrin will probably just let Alice phone it in until Alice decides enough is enough and there will be no more albums.

I hate to say it but maybe Kiss were right after all. And yes, afterr HV's embarassing cover of Heroes they definitely should have stopped. It made me never want to hear from that band ever again. But Im a bit biased, Depeche Mode got it right and noone else should ever try.

Anyhow. WLF isn't bad. Im still holding judgment but I think...and I hope...the retro days of Paranormal and Detroit Stories are finally done. Which is fine with me because if ALice from '71 did hear those two records...he'd laugh and say he could do much better.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:03 pm

Such glowing reviews of the first two releases I can hardly wait to be completely and thoroughly disappointed in August!

jettrainfan
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by jettrainfan » Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:37 pm

Been trying to like WLF but it's not happening. The intro riff and first 2 lines are good, but the song seems to derail for me after that. I haven't been able to figure out why until I listened to "Go Man Go" right afterwards. The lyrics feel clunky and don't flow well. The chorus doesn't help at all and it does have a cherry pie vibe. It could probably use an extra line or two to go with the chorus to improve it. "I'm Alice" is the better of the two so far. I still have hope for the rest of the album.

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:03 pm

jettrainfan wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:37 pm
The lyrics feel clunky and don't flow well. The chorus doesn't help at all and it does have a cherry pie vibe.
See what I mean about the "Emperor's New Clothes" syndrome?

No one is saying, "This really isn't up to your standards" for fear of losing their job so all you get is Billy Mumy-Twilight Zone remarks like, "It's good that you're making these songs, Alice, it's real good!." :rotfl:

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Jul 20, 2023 8:33 pm

Parish wrote:
Thu Jul 20, 2023 7:03 pm
Such glowing reviews of the first two releases I can hardly wait to be completely and thoroughly disappointed in August!
Feed My Teenage White Line Frankenstein. One more Frankenstein song and we'll have enough for a Halloween EP.