Re: Revival69: The Concert that Rocked the World

Post by Cadaver Eyes » Thu Sep 14, 2023 7:55 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:33 pm
Cadaver Eyes wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 6:06 pm
pitkin88 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2023 2:42 am

Thank you for that. Am I correct in saying the 30 seconds with Gene is the actual live music and the band on their own is generic stock?
Hi pitkin88,
Yes , live audio for all of the Gene Vincent footage and ACG seems to be generic .
Tom
Thanks Tom. Amazing what turns up. Do we see Alice shaking maracas on stage in the Gene Vincent segment?
Yes , Alice plays maracas , drum sticks , cowbell and a hammer , all very quick clips . Good clip of a fake onstage fight during the ACG performance also .

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Sep 14, 2023 8:02 pm

Excellent thank you!

tuneylune
Dada God
Dada God

Post by tuneylune » Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:28 am

I just finished watching this off the link on the Home Page. Really very good, although talk about flying by the seat of Your pants!

I enjoyed all the performances and it was nice to see some footage with Gene Vincent.

Very recommended.
"I need everything the world owes me..."

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 6:12 pm

tuneylune wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 11:28 am
I just finished watching this off the link on the Home Page. Really very good, although talk about flying by the seat of Your pants!

I enjoyed all the performances and it was nice to see some footage with Gene Vincent.

Very recommended.
Thank you for posting! I need to check the Latest News more often. Alice is around the one hour mark.

Agrophile in Texas
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Agrophile in Texas » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:24 am

Just finished with it and enjoyed it. Alice is always a good interview. But did they ever play an actual song, or just make noise and create chaos and freak out the audience? I mean, it worked, but I'm curious if there was a set list, with whatever songs they had at that time (Nobody Likes Me, Fields of Regret, etc?)

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:30 am

Agrophile in Texas wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:24 am
Just finished with it and enjoyed it. Alice is always a good interview. But did they ever play an actual song, or just make noise and create chaos and freak out the audience? I mean, it worked, but I'm curious if there was a set list, with whatever songs they had at that time (Nobody Likes Me, Fields of Regret, etc?)
Of course they played songs. We've had video and audio of the show for decades and the audio has been reissued over 100 times under endless different names (Freak Out etc).
https://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/01-disco ... t-list.php

Intro...No Longer Umpire
Lay Down & Die, Goodbye
Fields Of Regret
Nobody Likes Me
Don't Blow Your Mind (I. Neal Smith Solo II. Prisoner III. Animal Pyjamas IV. Don't Blow Your Mind Reprise)

Agrophile in Texas
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Agrophile in Texas » Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:37 am

Well good to know, I figured they must have done something, but all they showed and focused on, was the craziness.

An aside: Though I've been a fan since the early to mid 70s, I've always been kind of out of the loop. I didn't read reviews, didn't buy the old books, didn't even know this website existed until this year. I'd just buy the album/CDs when they were released, catch him on TV from the time to time promoting Nightmare or GTH, etc, and that was about it, that was all I needed.

It wasn't until 2023 that I got into the lore - I bought Dennis' excellent book - been slowly going through Billion Dollar Baby, and reading the material here.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:32 pm

Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:37 am
It wasn't until 2023 that I got into the lore - I bought Dennis' excellent book - been slowly going through Billion Dollar Baby, and reading the material here.
"Billion Dollar Baby" is OK, but, don't stop with Dennis' book you need to read "Golf Monster" also!
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Agrophile in Texas
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Agrophile in Texas » Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:45 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2023 2:32 pm
Fri Sep 22, 2023 11:37 am
Don't stop with Dennis' book you need to read "Golf Monster" also!
I bought that along with Dennis' book, along with Alice @75 - and found the Baby book at the Internet Archive (though I've not enjoyed the tone of the writing in that one and have not finished it).

It's been fun, like I'm reliving my youth, but in a different way, with the books and movies (Glad to See You Again, Alice Cooper). Way back when it was all about the Beatles, I'd buy the LPs for Alice, Dylan, Queen, Hendrix, etc, but only the Beatles got the fevered fan treatment, where I'd read, watch and listen to everything. had the posters, the T-shirts and buttons... So, I'm making up for that this year, going full out Alice.