Humanary Stew

Nita Strauss is back

Post by Miller » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:05 am

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Nita Strauss is back

Post by del » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:47 am

No offence to Kane but this is good news to me.

Atlanta Santa
Trash
Trash

Post by Atlanta Santa » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:12 am

No offence to Nita Strauss but I would have liked to see Alice Cooper with Kane Roberts in Europe. Does anyone know why he's out again? Bummer!
I got a job in atlanta in a mall playing santa

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Post by Devon » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:44 pm

Kane Roberts was never intended to be a permanent replacement. It was also quite clear that Nita could be back at any time.

By the way, did anyone catch Nita's announcement to listen to Nights with Alice Cooper on March 21st for a special surprise? My gut reaction says it could be the debut of a new song from the upcoming album, but obviously it could be anything.

Rock10
Killer
Killer

Post by Rock10 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:04 am

I'm sure Nita thought she would last in Demi's group.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:25 am

Rock10 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:04 am
Let's clear this up once and for all.

When Nita announced she wasn't going to play the Autumn dates with Alice she said in interviews that she had *not* left the band, but was simply sitting out that tour. For example:

"It's an interesting thing that everyone's picked up saying it's a 'departure' but I don't feel, necessarily, that I left. I took a step back and I'm stepping back from this upcoming tour but I don't think anyone has ever used the word quitting or leaving outside of other people. When I had my last few shows with Alice, we had what Alice called a 'Hiatus Dinner' where he said 'We wish you the best, we love you, you're welcome back'. There's no shutting of a door and changing of the guard, it's just I'm taking a step back a little bit."

It turned out pretty quickly she was taking time off so she could do the Lovato's tour, which presumably paid more and/or was a new career opportunity she wanted to explore.

After that tour she had to undergo major surgery on her leg, for injuries attained during the preceding Alice tour, and has now received the okay to go back on the road, so she's come back to Alice.

Kane was only ever doing the Autumn tour, standing in for Nita. Everybody involved understood that going into those shows.

Maybe if Demi had been touring heavily this year Nita may have had to make a choice, but it seems she isn't, so there was nothing to stop her return to Alice.

If Demi HAD been touring, you could possibly have seen a situation similar to the one we had with Eric Singer splitting his time between Alice and Kiss for several years. Who knows.

But the bottom line is it shouldn't come as any surprise she has come back to Alice, nor should the fact she has have any bad connotations. She took time off to try something different and is now back in the family. Good for her!

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:04 pm

Perhaps this is one of the reasons we've been waiting for the "Road" album? Nita hinted at working with AC in the studio. I expect we'll be seeing album news here in short time.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:39 pm

Dannorama wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:04 pm
Perhaps this is one of the reasons we've been waiting for the "Road" album? Nita hinted at working with AC in the studio. I expect we'll be seeing album news here in short time.
Nita certainly recorded stuff for the "Road" album. The main recording, from what little I've heard, has been done for a while.
I think the delay in it being released is simply down to them choosing what they considered to be the right time to push it best.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:36 pm

I think the delay in it being released is simply down to them choosing what they considered to be the right time to push it best
one would presume the new album would drop well before a new tour (with a new show etc) but......

Rock10
Killer
Killer

Post by Rock10 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:36 pm

Si wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:25 am
Rock10 wrote:
Wed Mar 08, 2023 12:04 am
Let's clear this up once and for all.

Kane was only ever doing the Autumn tour, standing in for Nita. Everybody involved understood that going into those shows
I saw Kane on the first show, but you should have told people to go, because it was only going to be a short tour with Kane.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:10 am

Rock10 wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:36 pm
I saw Kane on the first show, but you should have told people to go, because it was only going to be a short tour with Kane.
Officially, it was never explicitly stated publicly that that was the case. However even the initial announcement stated “I’m looking forward to welcoming back Kane Roberts for our shows in September and October."
It was likely stated in that way in case Nita wasn't available this year, or in case extra shows were added after October that Kane would be needed for. Even in interviews I think it was purposely left unclear in case the situation changed. It didn't and Nita is back.

It never occurred to me that people on this forum needed *me* to tell them whether to go to a show or not?!?
Surely it's a given that if Alice is playing near enough to you, and you are able, that you would want to go?

But for the future, if Alice is playing near enough for you to go, I urge anyone to go if you can, regardless of who's in the band. It's always a great show!

Rock10
Killer
Killer

Post by Rock10 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:43 pm

I hadn't seen him since 2012, and I went to see Kane in his band.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:21 pm

Si wrote:
Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:10 am
Rock10 wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:36 pm
Officially, it was never explicitly stated publicly that that was the case. However even the initial announcement stated “I’m looking forward to welcoming back Kane Roberts for our shows in September and October."
It was likely stated in that way in case Nita wasn't available this year, or in case extra shows were added after October that Kane would be needed for. Even in interviews I think it was purposely left unclear in case the situation changed. It didn't and Nita is back.

It never occurred to me that people on this forum needed *me* to tell them whether to go to a show or not?!?
Surely it's a given that if Alice is playing near enough to you, and you are able, that you would want to go?

But for the future, if Alice is playing near enough for you to go, I urge anyone to go if you can, regardless of who's in the band. It's always a great show!
Seconded!
He's not getting any younger SickThings!
I saw the show w/Nita a year ago, they're not getting that close this year! That close & I'd have jumped for Kane! :clap:
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Rock10
Killer
Killer

Post by Rock10 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:08 am

And of course, getting Kane (Roberts) back in was a fan favorite. That was something that was really fun for us and them. And then at the end of it, I said, "You want to come back?" She goes, "Sure." And I went, "OK, great. It's gonna be a whole new show." I never, ever take a musician and put them in a position where they can't revolve out and then revolve back in."

https://bravewords.com/news/alice-coope ... ve-back-in

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:22 pm

Why the heck would Si tell people if they should or should not be going to a concert? He's not anybodys mum here...That I know of?

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:37 pm

rgallie wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:22 pm
Why the heck would Si tell people if they should or should not be going to a concert? He's not anybodys mum here...That I know of?
Sunnier words have never been spoken. I agree, rgallie. You should sit out this tour, and more as well.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Rock10
Killer
Killer

Post by Rock10 » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:58 am

rgallie wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:22 pm
I said if people wanted to see Kane Roberts.