New album and stage show

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: New album and stage show

Post by Saint&Sinner » Tue Apr 25, 2023 7:32 pm

It's very frustrating as i am actually excited for this new album. i want to hear what the "band" can come up with, how it will sound etc.
I dont get why he has gone to the bother of changing the stage/setlist etc but not coincide it with the new album. I know shep is basically retired but as plans go this is beyond stupid. I know album sales do not work like they used to but the album gives validity to the tour and vice versa.
Im excited to see what he has in store for the stage as i appreciate getting more elaborate over the years. Gutted no UK shows this year though.

slickerthanaweasel
Trash
Trash

Post by slickerthanaweasel » Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:19 pm

With the “Too Close For Comfort” tour starting tonight, I wanted to talk about “Ol Black Eyes” for a bit and give some of my thoughts about the new show.

The “Ol Black Eyes Is Back” show (and its slight variants) was really important to me. It was the first “new” show since I became a fan and I remember back in the months-long break between "A Paranormal Evening" and "Ol' Black Eyes" I thought every day about what the show could have, and what songs would show up. I did my best to stay free of spoilers until August 3rd when I saw the show with my Dad. All the waiting was so worth it, the new songs, the new bits, and two great surprises, my dear favorites Steven and My Stars. It was the best Alice show I have been to for sure, despite completely blowing my chance to meet Alice that day, but that's a story for another time. As the tour went on I followed along as I had previous tours with the bands Instagram posts and monitoring setlists, and as I collected information I planned to make some kind of documentary compiling tour footage with behind-the-scenes clips, but that fell to the wayside like so many other projects. There are so many things about it that fascinate me but seem weird to try to discuss, like the dead baby projections, they look so cool! And the castle window that teases the baby's face and then he bursts out of it later! How did they come up with that? That show was so weird and so fun. Needless to say, it meant a lot to me. And it was really great to be present at the Dallas show this last October, which was one of, if not the very last performance of that show, although I didn't know it then. While I’m sad to see a change so soon, I am beyond excited to see what the new tour has in store for us.

So the “Too Close For Comfort” show debuts tonight, and I've had the past few months to relive the anticipation I felt in 2019. With the last 10 years having the same basic set/show since "No Mor Mr. Nice Guy" I assumed we would see the basic "Black Eyes" set and show for a while, and I was ok with that. A new show this soon was not expected, and to be honest I have no idea what to expect, which is great!

Setlists have always been one of my favorite parts of being a music fan, just studying how they change over time and how they are constructed always fascinates me. So of course I’m looking forward to seeing how the new set compares to the past. I do have some guesses. I remember that the original “Ol’ Black Eyes” setlist had some tracks not seen very often since the 2000s, specifically Raped n Freezin, Steven, Teenage Frankenstein, and Escape. Based on the description of the storyline from Alice, I’m anticipating a switch back to a setlist similar to the “No Mor Mr. Nice Guy” era. And Ryan Roxie more or less said in an Instagram post the other day that Cold Ethyl is back in the show. So I bet we’ll see Only Women into Cold Ethyl, Be My Lover, and maybe Public Animal or Guilty. It's also been years since we’ve heard Nightmare so I feel like that's a possible choice. And while it hurts to think about it, I bet Steven and My Stars will swap for Dwight Fry and Halo of Flies respectively. Although I love the latter two I just heard them so many times now, and I only got a chance to see the former twice! Maybe something else were not expecting will be the band feature, but I'll bet it's not My Stars. As for what songs will stay I feel like Bed of Nails, Roses on White Lace, and Go to Hell are safe picks. Also, nitpick but I hope they move I’m Eighteen to be at the encore right before School’s Out. Everyone has the deep cuts they want to hear, and while I’ve got tons myself, the main song I’ve been dying to hear is The Awakening. I think it could fit in well, especially if this ends up being a more nightmarish show as Alice has hinted.

And speaking of a more nightmarish show, so far all I know about the show is that “Marie Antoideath” is a new character out for revenge after losing her head. To me it sounds like the setup for the standard Alice 2010s show leading to the beheading, but with a few new twists. Alice also teased the return of a bit from the Nightmare show, which has to be the magic screen, right? Now that would be incredible! Technology has certainly advanced since then for that to look good. Plus, a screen opens up the possibility to show some clips to make the story stronger. It's the only option that makes sense, unless like some here have pointed out, he goes the skeleton option. Alice HAS been mentioning his pandemic tap lessons so who knows? Besides that show wise I have no idea what to anticipate, I'm hoping for a bunch of new, but I’m guessing Roses with the Bride and the scientist prop for Franken-Alice will return, with the hand props, straightjacket, and guillotine as usual.

A new show is an exciting time for us. Whatever this ends up being is probably going to be a lot of fun. I’m a bit sad to see Kane go, as seeing him live made me a fan, but Nita’s return is very welcome of course. Between a new show, a new album, and the two rereleases it should be a really great year for all fans. I don't post here much despite being a regular visitor of the site, but I’ll be off to avoid spoilers, so I'm looking forward to sharing my thoughts and hearing all of yours this August. I’ll wrap this up with some cuts I'd like to hear that I can say I called if they show up: The Awakening, Spirits Rebellious, Teenage Lament, The Congregation, and Gutter Cat v The Jets.

-Anthony

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:12 pm

Any truth to the cover doing the FB rounds with a release of 25th august?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:20 pm

Looks genuine. The image is similar to other images released by earMusic.

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:18 pm

Yes, it’s the new album! Plus a new Live dvd Hellfest 2022

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:56 am