Mon Mar 20, 2023 6:51 am
Would be cool if the split screen made a comeback for this tour
The split screen was great.

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Re: New album and stage show

Post by Spiner202 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:02 am

Does anyone think we are getting the new album announcement/new song today? Nita said on Facebook to tune into Nights with Alice Cooper on March 21:

"Thank you all for the warm response to this week’s news ☺️ make sure and listen to Nights with Alice Cooper on March 21… can’t say why yet but I think you’ll like what you hear"

Then she had an instagram story yesterday saying new music this week. Typically, I'd expect that to refer to her solo work, but just connecting some dots and I think there will be a new Alice song. What time does Nights with Alice air?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:09 am

Spiner202 wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:02 am
Does anyone think we are getting the new album announcement/new song today? Nita said on Facebook to tune into Nights with Alice Cooper on March 21:
"Thank you all for the warm response to this week’s news ☺️ make sure and listen to Nights with Alice Cooper on March 21… can’t say why yet but I think you’ll like what you hear"

Then she had an instagram story yesterday saying new music this week. Typically, I'd expect that to refer to her solo work, but just connecting some dots and I think there will be a new Alice song. What time does Nights with Alice air?
I assumed either she would be on the show and/or it would be her new single which has been mentioned as coming soon.

In all honestly I doubt she would know details about an Alice Cooper release coming up until we do. The band tend not to know these things in advance haha.

NWAC varies depending on your area or station. Check out nightswithalicecooper.com as I think it still has a list of stations and times. Also you can listen again using the NWAC app I think.
Be aware if listening in the UK Planet Rock has a different version of the show to the US, often cutting interviews and special stuff for some reason, and changing some songs that are played.

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Post by Spiner202 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:51 am

Good info, thanks. It would be disappointing if it's one of her singles. I can't help but feel like they're really dragging The Road out. It feels like the same thing with Detroit Stories, where it seemed like it was done and they were just holding onto it (different circumstances then with the uncertainty of COVID, but still, no one is deciding whether or not to see Alice live based on if he has a new album).

andyrew
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by andyrew » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:53 am

I agree. I find it rather frustrating we haven’t heard anything else about The Road album aside from a couple of articles on there being no overdubs... I thought the Nita single drop would have at least a minor mention of the new AC album, but nothing.

This seems more and more likely that it will be released in the fall at this rate. Maybe they are still working on the marketing roll out and getting everything in place. But I bet they already have that figured out since it’s already completed and it’s more timing related - which would be disappointing considering how long the wait has already been.

Hopefully we hear some more news soon with an actual drop date. I know rest-assured the wait is usually worth it for an AC release, but it would be nice to have an actual date to look forward to. :rock:

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:10 am

I’m hoping for a release date prior to the upcoming tour which begins in May. That would make sense to me but I know in reality record sales don’t amount to much these days especially for rock bands. It’s all about ticket and merchandise sales at concert venues. Still I think a new release would peak some additional ticket sales. A fall release would be anticlimactic for me.

lordcatfish
Killer
Killer

Post by lordcatfish » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:40 am

revinkevin wrote:
Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:10 am
I’m hoping for a release date prior to the upcoming tour which begins in May. That would make sense to me but I know in reality record sales don’t amount to much these days especially for rock bands. It’s all about ticket and merchandise sales at concert venues. Still I think a new release would peak some additional ticket sales. A fall release would be anticlimactic for me.
The first show is on 28th April - that's in 18 days. I don't see how that's gonna happen - I can't imagine Alice 'shadow dropping' a new album or putting one out with such little promotion. Plus the Hollywood Vampires dates / live album may muddy the waters further. Unless you're saying you want a release date to be announced before the start of the tour, and not the album itself to be released?

I think later in the year is most likely - it's just whether it'll be before or after the tour with Rob Zombie.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Mon Apr 10, 2023 11:20 am

I wold like it as soon as possible. I mean it was originally talked about a long time back and in most articles I’ve read since last Christmas Alice has said it’s in the can and basically done and he’s working on an additional release. I get the impression it’s just sitting on the shelf somewhere. If that’s the case I would expect at least a teaser to be played on his radio show before he hits the road.

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:50 am

Ezrin has been very busy with U 2 so that may explain the delay in the Road Album ( if indeed it is still the road album )

I’m more waiting for further details on Alice’s new book

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue Apr 11, 2023 12:27 pm

Does anyone here remember the Gong Show? It was a purposely terrible variety show that was popular in the late 70s. It's all over YT, in case you need to see it for yourself. That was the first place that I remember seeing the cyclops. This screengrab is from 1977. That's all I got.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:28 pm

What is interesting about that is because it is supposed to be a new stage show. Usually when a stage show is changed it is because there is a new album coming. I realize that has changed in recent times a little because so few people actually go out and purchase new music, but many bands change their stage show and the setlist around when there is a new record to promote.

This isn't meant to be a criticism aimed at any artist in particular but you have too many bands that will do press and promo for new albums and then a week after the album drops it basically gets forgotten because nothing is played off of the new album live or maybe one song. I like when a band puts out a new album that they show real belief and promotion of a new project and act like they have a strong belief that it is going to be a massive hit whether that is feasible or not.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:54 pm

Miller
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Miller » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:42 am

cooperrocks wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:28 pm
This isn't meant to be a criticism aimed at any artist in particular but you have too many bands that will do press and promo for new albums and then a week after the album drops it basically gets forgotten because nothing is played off of the new album live or maybe one song.
Yes like Paranormal where he only did Paranoiac Personality live.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:40 am

Miller wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:42 am
cooperrocks wrote:
Tue Apr 11, 2023 2:28 pm
This isn't meant to be a criticism aimed at any artist in particular but you have too many bands that will do press and promo for new albums and then a week after the album drops it basically gets forgotten because nothing is played off of the new album live or maybe one song.
Yes like Paranormal where he only did Paranoiac Personality live.
And later on 'Fallen In Love (And I Can't Get Up)'.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Mon Apr 24, 2023 1:32 pm

Yep. Here we are, 5 days from the launch of the new tour, and it's been curiously quiet. Sure, there's the HV live album news, and a song from Nita, but otherwise...? Us Coop fans have been eyeing dangling carrots for a long time. Whatever this marketing strategy is called, I'm not big on it. There's a vast difference between anticipation and frustration.

revinkevin
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by revinkevin » Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:29 pm

Exactly what he said. 👏 👏

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:40 pm

I'm just waiting for UK dates, but between his US tour and the HV tour i'm dubious of anything this year.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

kevinuk81
Cheese roll anyone?
Cheese roll anyone?

Post by kevinuk81 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:50 pm

killer wolf wrote:
Mon Apr 24, 2023 8:40 pm
I'm just waiting for UK dates, but between his US tour and the HV tour i'm dubious of anything this year.
No UK dates this year, as said by Ryan Roxie at the Birmingham guitar show in February.
Anything I say or write is my own personal opinion, no matter who agrees or disagrees with me.

steven15322
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by steven15322 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:05 pm

By no announcement as yet of the album. I'm thinking if it's coming out it will be announced closer to the start of the Freaks On Parade Tour.
Before you burn your mark on me
I'll carve mine in your face