Starring Alice Cooper - pictorial autobiography

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

lordcatfish
Killer
Killer

Starring Alice Cooper - pictorial autobiography

Post by lordcatfish » Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:02 pm

This got announced last week - https://alicecooper.com/alice-cooper-an ... ce-cooper/

Alice Cooper is excited to announce the forthcoming release of the only official pictorial autobiography, ‘Starring Alice Cooper.’

A stunning, limited edition, hand signed and numbered visual journey of Alice Cooper’s life and career, from pre-fame through to the present day. Every album, every incident!

Each copy will be published in a beautiful large format, with three exclusive editions to suit all fans.

The release date will be announced in the new year, with the book expected to ship before the second half of 2023.

Early bird registration will go live in the new year and more sample spreads will be coming soon.

This approximately 400 page monster is the definitive and only official Alice Cooper life and career spanning book, with many stunning and unseen photos, alongside personal and candid hand written commentary by the man himself, Alice Cooper.

It has been a long time coming, but there’s not long to wait now! We’ve been working on this for the past 18 months and are excited for you all to see the finished product. It will be a very collectible, rare and must-have piece of Alice Cooper memorabilia.

We look forward to sharing more details very soon. Watch this space…

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Starring Alice Cooper - pictorial autobiography

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:37 am

Thank You Lord Catfish.
Waiting with baited breath. Lol!
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:48 am

It looks like this is finally being announced / released this week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GY9eoM3jkQ
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Rob
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rob » Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:22 am

Please take a moment and read Si`s Latest News page , that`s what it`s there for , all this information was posted in the week including links *brick*
It must be true A_Michael said so

rodentdog
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by rodentdog » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:13 am

This may be what I ask Santa for Christmas depending on the price.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:52 am

Rob wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 9:22 am
Please take a moment and read Si`s Latest News page , that`s what it`s there for , all this information was posted in the week including links *brick*
Awfully sorry.

I did actually do a search for 'Starring Alice Cooper' on the news page before posting, but nothing got highlighted.

I now see what you're referring to.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:54 am

rodentdog wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:13 am
Not sure if it will be available in time for Christmas, but I believe there will be three versions available cater for most price ranges. I expect the premium one to be massively expensive.

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:08 am

Great background tune btw, beats everything on Road...

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sun Nov 12, 2023 12:19 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:54 am
rodentdog wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 10:13 am
Not sure if it will be available in time for Christmas, but I believe there will be three versions available that cater for most price ranges. I expect the premium one to be massively expensive.

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:20 am

I just read the rumoured prices.
The normal version about $200 and the deluxe version about $900!!
Hope this isn't true.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:03 pm

mestreech wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:20 am
Hope this isn't true.
Prices for the ‘Main’ autographed versions appear to be £200 and £600, so about $250 and $750 respectively (before postage) but with a 10% pre-order discount on offer. That seems highly excessive for any book, but I’ll reserve judgment until the specific contents are revealed.

However, I have seen what appears to be an image of a third version, which I guess may be sub £100 and would be subject to a more mainstream release.

I guess all will be revealed soon…

Miller
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Miller » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:33 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:03 pm
mestreech wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:20 am
Hope this isn't true.
Prices for the ‘Main’ autographed versions appear to be £200 and £600, so about $250 and $750 respectively (before postage) but with a 10% pre-order discount on offer. That seems highly excessive for any book, but I’ll reserve judgment until the specific contents are revealed.

However, I have seen what appears to be an image of a third version, which I guess may be sub £100 and would be subject to a more mainstream release.

I guess all will be revealed soon…
£200 and £600 is about $383 and $1,146 AUD for an A3 size book. I see no value in this book whatsoever, I'd rather spend that sort of money on a copy of Me Alice.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:44 pm

Sorry, didn’t make it clear that I was stating USD.

I also don’t think there is actually a third, cheaper, copy as it was just one of the promotional images being a bit confusing.

As said, I’ll reserve judgement until the contents of the books are full clear. Looking at some of their other books, production runs can be extremely low for the most expensive ones.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:26 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:03 pm
Prices for the ‘Main’ autographed versions appear to be £200 and £600, so about $250 and $750 respectively (before postage) but with a 10% pre-order discount on offer.
If that's the price I'm not touching these with a barge pole. Ludicrous amount for a book. Not worth even considering for me.
I would have second thoughts at anything over £40-£50! and didn't buy the @75 book because I felt it was overpriced!

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:57 pm

I don’t see them flying off the shelf for these prices. Economy isn’t really good right now, it should be delivered by the man himself for these prices to make sense.
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:42 pm

Looks like a cracker of a book but at those prices, there's no way. Their pricing policy seems out of skew, for eg the WASP book is only signed by Chris Holmes - i love Chris, but if i wanted a book like that i'd want the other sigs too. The price could be argued as justified if Ross and all possible band members had signed it, but like this, it's a nope for me.

There are 3 books in the pic, i'm not sure if something's changed or the talk about 2 editions is just a typo.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:58 pm

This is just my opinion and it may not be a popular one but here goes. A lot of the pictures just based in the promo of the book I have seen tons of times before. Look I love Alice's music, the man, the various lineups, etc and own every album proudly. I also own several other Alice albums etc but at some point it can get a bit ridiculous. There have been several Alice books that have come out in recent years, some with pictures etc. This may be an OFFICIAL Alice book but here is there anything new in it to justify that kind of a price? The economy is rough these days and perhaps some people are doing better than my family and I are but it is hard to justify spending hundreds of dollars for stuff I essentially have either already seen or own. If I am going to spend hundreds of dollars on something, I would rather spend it on a Meet and Greet package or something along those lines.

For me and I realize most of this stuff, Alice has absolutely no control or say-so over but I am much more interested in things that actually relate to the music such as an updated Boxset, a release of studio outakes, B-sides, etc. I would love to hear Constrictor remixed with actual drums, maybe taking the 10 best songs off of the early 80s albums and doing a rerecording of those, professional footage of the Live in the Flesh tour if that exists anywhere, etc. Frankly even some better t-shirts than in recent years (prices have come up on concert shirts but the quality of shirt seems to have gone down and that applies to most artist). Those are the things I would be interested in spending money on.

Is there a real demand for a 200-500 dollar pictorial of any band these days? Maybe a Taylor Swift or Metallica could sell enough copies to make a profit of it but I find it hard to believe most artist could in this day and age.

rodentdog
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by rodentdog » Thu Nov 16, 2023 5:53 pm

Yeah count me out at those prices. Could use that money for tickets for the hopefully forthcoming 2024 tour.

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:06 pm

killer wolf wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 4:42 pm
Looks like a cracker of a book but at those prices, there's no way. Their pricing policy seems out of skew, for eg the WASP book is only signed by Chris Holmes - i love Chris, but if i wanted a book like that i'd want the other sigs too. The price could be argued as justified if Ross and all possible band members had signed it, but like this, it's a nope for me.

There are 3 books in the pic, i'm not sure if something's changed or the talk about 2 editions is just a typo.
I think it would make sense to release the pricier ones first, get the money, than release the cheaper version. There will be those who will run to get it, as it is a limited run.
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

Agrophile in Texas
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Agrophile in Texas » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:52 pm

Yeah, I'll echo what others have said... I'm out at that price. Unless one of the "surprising treasures" is something like a CD with those songs Neal and Dennis did with Alice during the Constrictor period.