Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Revival '69

Post by Toronto Bob » Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:00 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YRb0qY5eKc

Looks like a doc of the Toronto concert. Totally psyched if theres' Gene Vincent footage with the band backing him

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Revival '69

Post by Si » Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:32 pm

Toronto Bob wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:00 pm

Looks like a doc of the Toronto concert. Totally psyched if theres' Gene Vincent footage with the band backing him
It certainly looks like there is. I think they emailed me for info and background some time back and I told them what I could, but if they HAVE found footage it would certainly be the AC find of the decade!

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:58 pm

I think there's already a brief clip of Gene Vincent with Dennis and Michael visable in the trailer.
Screenshot from the trailer
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:20 pm

Swinger wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:58 pm
I think there's already a brief clip of Gene Vincent with Dennis and Michael visable in the trailer.
Yes, there is. That's what is so exciting about it. We've always been told that Gene Vincent refused permission to film his performance.

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:58 pm

Swinger wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:58 pm
That's some fine detective work there, Swinger. Well done.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:04 am

Si wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:32 pm
Toronto Bob wrote:
Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:00 pm

It certainly looks like there is. I think they emailed me for info and background some time back and I told them what I could, but if they HAVE found footage it would certainly be the AC find of the decade!
I agree - I've been hoping to hear that set for a long time. I initially didn't even believe it just thought it was likely more ACG malarkey, but if we get a decent amount of at least a song - wow! And on the heels of the silent Toronto Dec 1973 footage, stuff still turning up after all these years.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:42 am

Toronto Bob wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:04 am
wow! And on the heels of the silent Toronto Dec 1973 footage, stuff still turning up after all these years.
That's the amazing thing isn't it. That stuff like this is still turning up in attics and sheds half a century after the event. Makes you wonder just what else is out there collecting dust... and imagine what has simply been thrown away over the decades by people who simply didn't realise what they had!!

Ted Sallis
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Ted Sallis » Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:50 pm

I certainly agree, ain't that amazing? AC(G) Fans have long wondered if any/all of the audio from Mr. Vincent's performance was recorded/survives, then we find out that there's at least a bit of surviving film footage. Plus yes, the very recently revealed BDB Holiday Tour footage.

Speaking of wondering just what else is out there...the full performance of the ACG in Diary of a Mad Housewife that Dennis indicated in his own Forum here was filmed, so who knows? Then there's the photo evidence of a segment of (at least) one show of the 1974 S. American Tour having been filmed. I could go on, but enough's enough I think.

Ted

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:19 pm

Ted Sallis wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:50 pm
Then there's the photo evidence of a segment of (at least) one show of the 1974 S. American Tour having been filmed. I could go on, but enough's enough I think.
I have a very vague recollections (generally haha) that I was told, poss. by Renfield who *would* have searched for it, that a Brazil show was filmed for TV but was then wiped soon afterwards. I guessing that back then very few if any Brazillians had the means to record any actual broadcast so likely that is long gone.
Having said that of course all research up to now said there were no recordings of the G.V set so you never know what's fallen down the back of a cabinet somewhere.

Marcelocooper
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Marcelocooper » Thu Dec 01, 2022 6:16 pm

Si wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:19 pm
Ted Sallis wrote:
Then there's the photo evidence of a segment of (at least) one show of the 1974 S. American Tour having been filmed. I could go on, but enough's enough I think.
I have a very vague recollections (generally haha) that I was told, poss. by Renfield who *would* have searched for it, that a Brazil show was filmed for TV but was then wiped soon afterwards. I guessing that back then very few if any Brazillians had the means to record any actual broadcast so likely that is long gone.
Having said that of course all research up to now said there were no recordings of the G.V set so you never know what's fallen down the back of a cabinet somewhere.
One of them certainly was filmed, but probably wiped to record something else. Film was very expensive here back then and broadcasters reused films a lot. Even historical events in Brazil got wiped off. They did broadcast it one week after the show. I still hope someone did record it and maybe someday this will surface.
These good little shocks must be working I’m so happy now

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:09 am

Si wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 7:42 am
Toronto Bob wrote:
Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:04 am
wow! And on the heels of the silent Toronto Dec 1973 footage, stuff still turning up after all these years.
That's the amazing thing isn't it. That stuff like this is still turning up in attics and sheds half a century after the event. Makes you wonder just what else is out there collecting dust... and imagine what has simply been thrown away over the decades by people who simply didn't realise what they had!!
I had a Great Uncle that worked on "The Jimmy Dean Show" in the '60's (Jimmy wasn't a sausage/breakfast mogul then) he had "outtakes" & some pretty obscene that he showed on his barn. There's stuff out there but, acquiring the rights to release is a huge hurdle. The Capitol Centre in Landover used a telescreen in the middle of the hall.Pretty sure there are VHS tapes of many shows but who has them? We've been getting bits & pieces but, not a whole concert. Until now, Aerosmith have the vid to Dec. '77 & have released it! Looks pretty good but this clip does have a problem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddnGni7nb40
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Dannorama
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Dannorama » Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:24 pm

Then there's the story about the Supertramp Live in Paris movie that came out 10 years ago. The video tapes from that the concert were found in the drummer's barn in 2006. A barn is hardly the place to store videotapes. It is indeed boggling to think about what's just laying around.
Move aside, mere drop of water - let the ocean pass.

Toronto Bob
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Toronto Bob » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:11 am

Ted Sallis wrote:
I certainly agree, ain't that amazing? AC(G) Fans have long wondered if any/all of the audio from Mr. Vincent's performance was recorded/survives, then we find out that there's at least a bit of surviving film footage. Plus yes, the very recently revealed BDB Holiday Tour footage.

Speaking of wondering just what else is out there...the full performance of the ACG in Diary of a Mad Housewife that Dennis indicated in his own Forum here was filmed, so who knows?

Ted
That would be unreal - that's during the Easy Action era iirc and that's a holy grail afaic.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:52 am

Toronto Bob wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:11 am
Ted Sallis wrote:
Speaking of wondering just what else is out there...the full performance of the ACG in Diary of a Mad Housewife that Dennis indicated in his own Forum here was filmed, so who knows?[/b] Then there's the photo evidence of a segment of (at least) one show of the 1974 S. American Tour having been filmed. I could go on, but enough's enough I think.
That would be unreal - that's during the Easy Action era iirc and that's a holy grail afaic.
I would actually be a little surprised if more footage of that doesn't exist in the vaults somewhere. This was a pretty major movie at the time and surely the original film reels still exist in the studio vaults?
This isn't the same situation of TV tapes being wiped and reused, this was proper film. Whether anyone will ever think there is value in a going through all those tapes looking for it is another matter.