Vampires UK tour dates just announced

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Vampires UK tour dates just announced

Post by killer wolf » Tue Oct 25, 2022 7:33 pm

i paid by paypal for both, don't know how you missed the option.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:57 am

Si wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:31 pm
killer wolf wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:28 pm
i signed up and got "enrolment queued" :-/ still had no mails, from either mail [signed up at a different one in case something had gone wrong]. oh well, going anyways
~ 30% extra charges and fees...ffs...
From what I can tell there weren't any decent seats on sale anyway... again.
Nothing decent. Pre sales these days appear to be a total waste of time.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:02 pm

steven_crayn wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:57 am
Si wrote:
killer wolf wrote:
Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:28 pm
i signed up and got "enrolment queued" :-/ still had no mails, from either mail [signed up at a different one in case something had gone wrong]. oh well, going anyways
~ 30% extra charges and fees...ffs...
This is very true.

The farcical system nowadays is that you're better off leaving it to the last minute, which has an element of risk of course, if you want to get the best seats.

For many, many reasons, buying gig tickets is now nothing but pain and frustration. I never thought I'd long for the days of queueing overnight outside a venue.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:17 pm

VinceRaven wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:02 pm
The farcical system nowadays is that you're better off leaving it to the last minute, which has an element of risk of course, if you want to get the best seats.
For many, many reasons, buying gig tickets is now nothing but pain and frustration. I never thought I'd long for the days of queueing overnight outside a venue.
Can't agree with you more. Getting tickets for almost anything is now pure misery and very stressful, with no rhyme or reason and very little chance of getting anything good unless you pay hugely inflated prices.

Pre-sales are meaningless. They no longer seem to have any decent tickets. They just trick the unaware into thinking the seat they are offered is the best they'll get as everything better has already sold, which is simply not true.

I and many others are completely fed up with the whole thing (understatement) so voting with my money and not playing the game any more. I only did two shows on the last tour, and likely only one on this HV tour (Swansea as it has general admission).

Going to gigs used to be fun. Now I dread UK dates being announced, because I really want to see the shows but EVERYTHING else involved is pure misery and exploitative extra costs (charges/car parking etc).

Voodoo Revolution
Killer
Killer

Post by Voodoo Revolution » Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:22 pm

VinceRaven wrote:
steven_crayn wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 10:57 am
Si wrote:

This is very true.

100%. My partner and I managed to get great seats for Alice in Leeds last year and we only.booked the tickets mere days before the show.

As mentioned, it is a risk but also worth keeping an eye out as some very good seats come on general release if not snapped up.by VIP.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:39 am

Si wrote:
Wed Oct 26, 2022 1:17 pm
VinceRaven wrote:
Can't agree with you more. Getting tickets for almost anything is now pure misery and very stressful, with no rhyme or reason and very little chance of getting anything good unless you pay hugely inflated prices.

Pre-sales are meaningless. They no longer seem to have any decent tickets. They just trick the unaware into thinking the seat they are offered is the best they'll get as everything better has already sold, which is simply not true.

I and many others are completely fed up with the whole thing (understatement) so voting with my money and not playing the game any more. I only did two shows on the last tour, and likely only one on this HV tour (Swansea as it has general admission).

Going to gigs used to be fun. Now I dread UK dates being announced, because I really want to see the shows but EVERYTHING else involved is pure misery and exploitative extra costs (charges/car parking etc).
It’s a total joke, even the general sale tickets on sale now are rubbish. I’ll probably go to Manchester and get one from a tout on the day of that show
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:53 am

steven_crayn wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:39 am
It’s a total joke, even the general sale tickets on sale now are rubbish. I’ll probably go to Manchester and get one from a tout on the day of that show
Which is ironic as that is exactly what they claim all these dumb measures are supposed to stop!

Seriously
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Seriously » Fri Oct 28, 2022 9:58 am

Missed the summer tour, but glad to say I've got tickets for the Swansea show. Just checked this morning and they've sold out there. They should have thought about putting two nights on, weekends would always do well, just a suggestion and my opinion. :rock:

While Heaven Wept
Dada God
Dada God

Post by While Heaven Wept » Fri Oct 28, 2022 11:02 am

Agree with all the sentiments above. I no longer go to these types of shows. It's a total rip off, from the farcical way companies like Ticket Master buy their own tickets and re-sell them on a site that they own?! (How is this even legal??)... to the ridiculous price of a single pint of beer in these places. As Si said, i'm now voting with my wallet.

If a cheap ticket becomes available before the show I might go, but as it stands, i'm pretty much done with these types of tours.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:03 pm

Tried in vain to get tickets for Swansea over the last few days, but all I got was error messages when using the presale link. Tried via the general sale this morning, waited in a queue for 20 minutes only to then be told it was ‘Sold Out’ (or is it?).

Pretty frustrating really. Guess I’ll just have to hover around an see if anything else materialises before the tour.
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:32 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:03 pm
Tried in vain to get tickets for Swansea over the last few days, but all I got was error messages when using the presale link. Tried via the general sale this morning, waited in a queue for 20 minutes only to then be told it was ‘Sold Out’ (or is it?).
I got a presale email from Swansea Arena about a week before, and that link gave an error once tickets went on sale. But just before the tickets went live another email arrived from them with a different link... and that link worked for me!

fyi just because the venue claims its sold out doesn't always mean that it is. It just means their allocation of tickets have sold. Keep checking every morning at the venue site, TM and AEG and it's quite possible more tickets will suddenly appear right up to the week of the show.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:53 pm

Si wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:32 pm
wind_up_toy wrote:
Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:03 pm
I got a presale email from Swansea Arena about a week before, and that link gave an error once tickets went on sale. But just before the tickets went live another email arrived from them with a different link... and that link worked for me!

fyi just because the venue claims its sold out doesn't always mean that it is. It just means their allocation of tickets have sold. Keep checking every morning at the venue site, TM and AEG and it's quite possible more tickets will suddenly appear right up to the week of the show.
Thanks mate, yeah taking the ‘Sold Out’ with a pinch of salt. I signed up for the venue presale and never got any emails!

Glad you got a ticket for Swansea though, I thought it was a pretty fine venue when I went earlier this year!

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Fri Oct 28, 2022 7:44 pm

Have now managed to get standing tickets for Swansea!