Black Widow fan club

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

ericc2000
Trash
Trash

Black Widow fan club

Post by ericc2000 » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:22 pm

Did anybody here ever sign up to Alice’s fan club? I remember back in the early 80’s I sent in that “join” flyer that was included in the “Lace and Whiskey” LP in the off chance that it was still going. I did get the packet in the mail a few weeks later and it included a bunch of pictures from the “Flush the Fashion” era, a couple were even autographed. Well, to make a long story even longer I recently moved my mom into an assisted living facility and while I was cleaning out her basement I ran across that packet! Really cool! In another part of her house I found a poster of Alice that was taken from the same photo shoot as “Flush the Fashion”. I don’t remember if it was included in the fan club packet. My buddy swears it was included in the LP but I can’t find any proof that it was. Anyway, I was just wondering where this poster came from? Can I post pictures here? If so, how to do it?

Railwayman
Killer
Killer

Re: Black Widow fan club

Post by Railwayman » Wed Feb 23, 2022 8:25 pm

Blimey ..... I joined that as well. Still have the stuff somewhere. Stumbled across the pack a couple of years ago and put it away for safe keeping. So safe, I cannot remember where I put it.

Don't remember getting a poster with Flush .... just checked and there is no poster with my lp

VinceRaven
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by VinceRaven » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:24 am

I joined that fan club as well. Can't remember exactly when, although I suspect it was 1981. Sounds like I got the same package as you. Don't think I received anything else after that, which isn't much of a surprise considering the career trajectory at time.

Funnily enough, I also have that poster you are talking about and, only a few months ago, was pondering if it had come with the album. The discography section on here makes no mention of a poster with the original packaging.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:49 am

VinceRaven wrote:
Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:24 am
The discography section on here makes no mention of a poster with the original packaging.
That doesn't mean some copies didn't come with a poster, just that I've not come across any mention of one.

ericc2000
Trash
Trash

Post by ericc2000 » Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:31 pm

Yeah, I didn’t receive anything after that as well. It’s funny, I can’t find anything on the internet about the poster.