Alice w/Elvis

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Alice w/Elvis

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:48 pm

Alice posted a link on Twitter to a vid about his encounter w/Elvis.
Here's Liza's account.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ4kyAptH9c
Must've been great to be Elvis!
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Alice w/Elvis

Post by mestreech » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:44 am

On twitter is not complete but on you tube you have the whole version.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:33 am

Much has been made of Alice meeting Elvis at the Las Vegas Hilton, but the year various sources cite is wrong. From my extensive research i have nailed the date as to when Alice, Liza Minnelli, Linda Lovelace and Chubby Checker met the King of Rock n' Roll as being on January 30th 1974.‬ Liza Minnelli who became friends with Alice in October 73 during the Muscle of Love sessions, had her opening night at the Riviera in Vegas on January 30th 1974. Alice and Linda Lovelace were there that night and has to be the night that after her show they went to the Hilton to meet Elvis, who had the Penthouse suite room 3000 which was on the 30th floor, when he played Vegas as he did that night. Journalist Jack O'Brian even wrote this around that time "A motely gang witnessing Liza Minnelli's Las Vegas opening at the Riviera: transvestite rock screamer Alice Cooper with giraffe throated Linda Lovelace..."
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

mr.barlow

Post by mr.barlow » Thu Apr 22, 2021 12:12 am

Alice's story about meeting Elvis in "Golf Monster" is great. I have a feeling it was highly embellished but it does provide for some great imagery. Alice really knows how to tell a story---embellished or not.

BTW---I just read where Alice got his first toke from a joint from Jimi Hendrix. I wonder if Bobby Jones gave him his first putter?

Mr. Misdemeanor
Killer
Killer

Post by Mr. Misdemeanor » Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:57 pm

It's a great anecdote. My aunt was a huge Elvis fan. I'm sure she would have gotten a kick out of that story. Thanks for posting it.

Elvis was an enormous talent. There's a video on Youtube of him doing a concert just before he died. It's sad to see him in the shape he was in. His face was bloated, his hair was dyed, and he was so stoned he could barely string two words together. Then he sits down and sings the hell out of Unchained Melody. He had that great voice all the way to the end.

Slightly off topic: I'm a fan of Disgraceland, but after reading Cooper's comment about Elvis, John Lennon, and Jim Morrison ending up "in a much darker place" it comes across a little harsh. It's like if he ended his Elvis anecdote with "...anyways he's in Hell now." Funny, but kinda effed up. Maybe Alice will rectify things and do a cover of Zodiac Mindwarps "Elvis Died for You" someday. Whether he's up in Heaven, or down below, Elvis is still the King of rock n roll.

Even more off topic:

Here's a crappy photoshop mash-up of Alice and Elvis' famous '68 Comeback photo:

Full size version:

https://imgur.com/qbl23ZQ

Disclaimer: I suck at photoshopping stuff.