Another Chicken?

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Alex
Trash
Trash

Another Chicken?

Post by Alex » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:49 am

Hello all. First time poster here. I'm curious to find out whether a photo I came across of ACG playing live has been doctored or not. It depicts Vincent holding a chicken but is not the notorious '69 Toronto show which I presumed was the only time a chicken was used on stage. Vincent has a hot pink shirt on with what appears to be very grimy blood stained white pants. Glen is outlandish in matching all hot pink shirt and flares.
Does anyone have any insight?
I haven't worked out how to attach the photo as yet.
Last edited by Alex on Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Re: Another Chicken?

Post by Babysquid » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:57 am

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:59 am

Alex wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:49 am
Hello all. First time poster here. I'm curious to find out whether a photo I came across of ACG playing live has been doctored or not. It depicts Vincent holding a chicken but is not the notorious '69 Toledo show which I presumed was the only time a chicken was used on stage. Vincent has a hot pink shirt on with what appears to be very grimy blood stained white pants. Glen is outlandish in matching all hot pink shirt and flares.
Does anyone have any insight?
I haven't worked out how to attach the photo as yet.
It's now pretty well documented that the Chicken was used more then once and yes, there are photos showing chickens at different shows including the one you describe.
See:
https://www.sickthingsuk.co.uk/10-trivia/t-chicken.php

Alex
Trash
Trash

Post by Alex » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:28 pm

Thanks for the quick response people. That article didn't come up under a search for 'chicken' before I posted but at least I needn't concern myself with uploading the photo.
It does beg the question of whether they used a chicken again after Toronto. The group's chicken practices further undermines Alice's innocent spiel on Toronto which oozes guilt IMHO. I'm just blown away that more than one chicken is somewhat common knowledge and that there would have been many 'chicken-gig' going patrons crying 'fowl' at listening to Alice's chicken nonsense over the years. Just another example of the group's bold and audacious moves I guess.
Thanks again and congrats to those responsible for the site.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:47 pm

Alex wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:28 pm
Thanks for the quick response people. That article didn't come up under a search for 'chicken' before I posted
There are TWO ways to search this site.

The box just above the 'private messages' link (likely the one you used) will only search the forums.

If you go to the menu bar at very top of the page and click on the search icon top right, THAT will search the whole site and that one brings up the link we posted as the first result.

A little confusing I know but there is no easy way to combine the two.

Alex
Trash
Trash

Post by Alex » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:06 pm

Thanks Si. Nice site. Well done.

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:58 pm

Alex, why going through so much trouble, just ask Dr. Dreary, right here.
In topic ´´The Fam´´, there is a discussion about chickens. You will get an answer straight from the horse's mouth.

Alex
Trash
Trash

Post by Alex » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:48 am

Thank you Rhapsody. I considered posing such questions to Dr Dreary but he strikes me as nice & honest and I don't want to risk offending him with pertinent questions regarding the group's management and activities. Presumably, DD can only devulge so much. I'd like to know though his thoughts on the extent the Toronto chicken 'sacrifice' had in boosting the group's popularity.

Rhapsody of Fire
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Rhapsody of Fire » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:30 pm

Alex wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:48 am
Thank you Rhapsody. I considered posing such questions to Dr Dreary but he strikes me as nice & honest and I don't want to risk offending him with pertinent questions regarding the group's management and activities. Presumably, DD can only devulge so much. I'd like to know though his thoughts on the extent the Toronto chicken 'sacrifice' had in boosting the group's popularity.
It´s up to you. It was only a suggestion.