Detroit Stories Vinyl

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Re: Detroit Stories Vinyl

Post by bigbradwolf » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:02 pm

Why would they do this? I suppose it's for those that use Apple Music and Spotify that the vocals kick straight in. As mentioned here, I also think the song is too long but I do think the lack of intro on Rock n Roll doesn't feel right. I think there's to much soloing towards the back end of the track.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:06 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 5:02 pm
Why would they do this?
I wonder if they even knew before it was released, or if they accidentally sent the wrong master to be pressed. Wouldn't be the first time.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:21 am

bigbradwolf wrote:
Why would they do this? I suppose it's for those that use Apple Music and Spotify that the vocals kick straight in. As mentioned here, I also think the song is too long but I do think the lack of intro on Rock n Roll doesn't feel right. I think there's to much soloing towards the back end of the track.
Start's right off on the CD release just like what's on YouTube on the EarMusic AC link.
Not confined to Download/Streaming. To those who stepped up & went for the vinyl - Congrats!
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:03 am

I actually heard this a couple of nights ago, I couldn't sleep so I went to my music room and stuck on Detroit stories vinyl as I hadn't played it yet. I was baffled to start with as I thought I had misremembered the start of the song on cd.
So I did the classic compare and contrast and low and behold it wasn't just my sleep deprived brain !

I presume this is just a mistake (like with dirty dreams on the hey stooped vinyl) it isn't advertised as being different in any way so I assume they just didn't realise. Absolutely bizarre. I do think I prefer the vinyl version tho. I think the longer solos add a bit of excitement to it and the intro is better without just going straight to vocals.

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:35 am

Pitta wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:08 am
Rock and roll is too long on the CD. It should be 1 minute shorter, I can't imagine a longer version.
No way!
Joe Bonamassa is on fire at the end of the track and makes it even better!
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:40 am

bigbradwolf wrote:
Got to disagree with you, Joe Bonamassa who does the solo at the end gives the track that extra bit of magic.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV