Touring band to feature on next album!

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

NeilPearson
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Touring band to feature on next album!

Post by NeilPearson » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:40 pm

During tonight's 'Band Meeting' on YouTube, Alice has just revealed that the plan for the next album is to have the current touring band playing on the next album:

"The whole idea is to show off how tight the band really is so if we write the songs, rehearse them on the road, record it on the road and call the album "The Road" or just "Road". That would be the concept for the whole album."

Chuck mentioned that he'd already been writing material for it.

Spiner202
Killer
Killer

Re: Touring band to feature on next album!

Post by Spiner202 » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:56 pm

This band meeting has been amazing to watch. Definitely some of the best AC content I've seen.

lordcatfish
Killer
Killer

Post by lordcatfish » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:42 pm

That whole meeting was hilarious.

Think Alice also mentioned the songs could be about being on the road. We can have songs about things like everyone rooming as far away from Glen as possible.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:48 pm

Best news in ages. Hope it happens and they knock it outta the park.
And yes, that band meeting was just brilliant. So funny....
"I'm 73 and I need to pee!"

steven_crayn
Dada God
Dada God

Post by steven_crayn » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:33 pm

I enjoyed that and I got a nice mention from Alice and Bob Ezrin in this excerpt from the live chat. https://youtu.be/I5Ett2Swpn4

I should add that most of my solo that we used was the first take, but it was the last bar ending that i went back into the studio 2 days later to redo after talking with Bob, who as a great producer brought the best out of me.
Lead guitar on Social Debris. Album on iTunes, Amazon & Spotify, title track featured on TV

NeilPearson
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by NeilPearson » Sat Feb 27, 2021 10:42 pm

For anyone that didn't watch it, the new album chat is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLyEgsQhXSk&t=1430s

mestreech
Dada God
Dada God

Post by mestreech » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:03 am

As much as I like the original group we can conclude there never will be a complete Alice Coopergroup album EVER.

I think this touringband deserves a try to write with Alice and make an album.
So please NO guests on this album!!

bigbradwolf
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by bigbradwolf » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:55 am

Really enjoyed the "band meeting".
You could see the excitement on the faces of Ryan, Chuck, Nita and Glen when Alice kind of revealed what was going to happen next but you could see Bob was quick to shut it down. Some comment about we will change our mind in 12mins.
It does make you wonder if Bob is the one calling the shots on what musicians are used in the process. Has Alice dropped the hint in this chat to show up Bob when it doesn't happen?
Bob also seemed to enjoy name dropping a couple of people who played on the album.
There has to be some logical reason why they don't appear to include the touring band on records and the way Alice bigs them up as the best band on the planet does give reason to the fact its not Alice making that call.
It would have been an interesting question but one that would have had a very boring and orchestrated answer by Alice and Bob.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:38 am

mestreech wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:03 am
As much as I like the original group we can conclude there never will be a complete Alice Coopergroup album EVER.
If you add together all the songs the original band have co-written and played on over the last few albums you effective have your ACG album. I agree it isn't really the same as working on one project from start to finish, but you have enough songs for an album.
mestreech wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:03 am
I think this touring band deserves a try to write with Alice and make an album.
More then deserve it.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:23 am

they gave a really nice shout out to Steven Crayn too. that whole vid was a tonic, Tommy cracked me up w/ his rant.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:24 am

Loved the meeting and the dynamics between everyone. Really great news about the next album.

guttertrash
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by guttertrash » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:07 pm

bigbradwolf wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:55 am
Really enjoyed the "band meeting".
You could see the excitement on the faces of Ryan, Chuck, Nita and Glen when Alice kind of revealed what was going to happen next but you could see Bob was quick to shut it down. Some comment about we will change our mind in 12mins.
It does make you wonder if Bob is the one calling the shots on what musicians are used in the process. Has Alice dropped the hint in this chat to show up Bob when it doesn't happen?
Bob also seemed to enjoy name dropping a couple of people who played on the album.
There has to be some logical reason why they don't appear to include the touring band on records and the way Alice bigs them up as the best band on the planet does give reason to the fact its not Alice making that call.
It would have been an interesting question but one that would have had a very boring and orchestrated answer by Alice and Bob.
This is one reason I have been against Ezrin in the production seat since W2MN came out. He has always been the type to bring in session players when there is no need for them, and he seems to be the dominant mind in the room as far as album direction, and I have not been impressed by much of it, especially the modern approach to the album’s mixes. Breadcrumbs is the only thing since Alice’s reunion with him that I can enjoy the mix of. It is hard to get through any of the full lengths in one sitting for me.

MacQueen
Killer
Killer

Post by MacQueen » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:38 pm

If it's going to be more of the same 1971/Detriot yada yada yada sounding garbage, then he really shouldn't bother.

cooperrocks
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by cooperrocks » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:33 pm

I am really excited about the possibility of the current touring band recording with Alice.The current band is my favorite of Alice's great career. I hope this happens and I hope the band is allowed to truly help write the album they want to make. Detroit Stories has its moments but I am tired of the garage sound looking for something heavier this next album.

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:04 pm

listening for the second time to DS : fun record and Alice seems to have fun as well, going slightly out of his comfortzone...
Great bandmeeting on youtube, thanks to Ryan. Hope the band will get the "reward" they deserve on the next album. Doubt if it will be called "road" :8): :8):
you really wouldn't understand..

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:23 am

I would love for the touring band (this touring band with nita) to do a record with alice, I think it could be varied , interesting and exciting. I am not a fan of Detroit stories and think its long overdue for this touring band to get a decent crack of the whip. Lets hope it happens.

I am not sure why everyone is so down on Ezrin, the consistency of the material since bob has been back in the production chair has been light years ahead of his eyes/diamonds/acas bad patch. His production is clear and unfussy with a vitality and energy that is palpable. I love W2MN and Paranormal (except holy water)
Does ezrin have the call to say who plays, id say no. I would imagine alice largely doesn't care enough to fight for one or another and ezrin just fills the spots as needed, I don't know. To say bob has always had session players when there is no need is not exactly true either....

Gilles27
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Gilles27 » Mon Mar 01, 2021 8:40 am

I agree that the current band are excellent and I'd be interested to hear what they come up with. It could be terrible as they are such a diverse bunch, but it could also be brilliant.

It must feel odd to them that they are expected to praise Alice's new album when most of them didn't play on it. It must also feel strange for those playing on the album to know that it is unlikely that these songs will ever be played live!

Alice the live artist and Alice the recording artist are definitely 2 separate entities.
Time is getting closer

alicefannor
Killer
Killer

Post by alicefannor » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:32 am

I believe it when I see / hear it

BUT; great idea.

hope it happens

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:14 am

Having heard Alice declare so many things over the years I will take this with a huge pinch of salt. I noticed Nita was most excited at the idea of recording. Bob definitely shot the idea down straight away. Plus I doubt that this band will tour this year as Alice still has HV commitments. I was really hoping for a breadcrumbs type EP but with the OGs but doubt that will happen either. I love DS and paranormal and can see some more of the same but perhaps with the tour band being on a couple of the tracks.

alicefannor
Killer
Killer

Post by alicefannor » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:32 am

The Eyes of AC and Dirty Diamonds are certainly good reasons to give the touring band a shot at making a studio album

I'm unsure of the writing dynamics of the current band though...