Touring band to feature on next album!

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Re: Touring band to feature on next album!

Post by Si » Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:22 am

nrc wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 7:00 am
Part of the idea was also that they were going to work the songs out on tour. Have we heard any new material on the tour?
That didn't mean playing the new material during the shows!
They have been recording while ON tour. All involved (maybe except Glen) have posted various mentions of having recorded stuff for the album since the original announcement. Tommy has his laptop studio on the road and can record stuff in hotels etc.

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:45 am

Correct me if Im wrong, but Alice had said “Let’s record them live on the venues we will be playing, it has never been done again!”
He was obviously meaning that they could record them before or after the shows, on empty venues. This seems not to be happening although I find it a much better idea than recording separate parts on hotels.

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:51 am

Holly Grail wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 11:45 am
Correct me if Im wrong, but Alice had said “Let’s record them live on the venues we will be playing, it has never been done again!”
. He was obviously meaning that they could record them before or after the shows, on empty venues. This seems not to be happening although I find it a much better idea than recording separate parts on hotels.
Don't forget the band do soundchecks each day so they can mess around on ideas then as well.

Many, many albums today are recorded at "home" or in rehearsal rooms rather then professional studios. In an era when albums generally don't make much money the huge expense of a professional studio is often unnecessary. In recent years I believe Alice's vocals have mostly been done in his home (he has a small home studio for the purpose).
It's only really drums that HAVE to have a proper room to record in.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:10 am

Yeah alice never said he would play them live just work them through in rehearsals and record as and where.
Its a great idea to be honest and hopefully will add some spontaneity to the recordings. While not always a good thing a bit of spontaneity could go a long way. I'm really looking forward to it to be honest. Have we got an eta on the album? pleeeease be 2022!

nurserozetta
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by nurserozetta » Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:50 am

Parish wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:27 pm

I want a full blown, fully supported, fully backed by management ( Yes Shep I'm looking at you ) release
Sorry its 2022 thats just not going to happen - the music industry has moved a long way away from that scenario . Also Shep is no longer that kind of manager , at his age his interests lie elsewhere and Im guessing his "mangement" of Alice is now days more through their very close friendship and in name only rather than the traditional business relationship .

No record company is going to give Alice a massive budget he just does not sell enough product to warrant it .

I think we should be happy with Alices continual releases and his inclusion of the OGs from time to time . It also looks like he is going to also call on other musicians from his past as well on future releases - thats a good thing

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:38 am

nurserozetta wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:50 am
Also Shep is no longer that kind of manager , at his age his interests lie elsewhere and Im guessing his "mangement" of Alice is now days more through their very close friendship and in name only rather than the traditional business relationship .
Toby Mamis is Alice's "day to day" manager and has been for years, dealing with the setting up and running of tours and appearances, however Shep is still the "big boss" who oversees everything and says yes or no to stuff. For example I believe anything contractual has to be okayed by Shep. Art work, merchandising etc is all Shep I think. Anything goes wrong Shep will step in and sort it out if Toby can't. Shep is still very powerful in the industry and can get things done.

At the end of the day I think if it involves money or the use of Alice's image/music it's Shep who has the final decision. He also attends important shows (he was apparently at the first couple of UK shows last month for example) and is generally around whenever a new tour/show is launched.

So management is kinda split now between Toby and Shep depending on what is needed, but Shep is the boss. I believe Alice is now the ONLY artist he now actively works with directly. Anything else is more along the lines of helping out if asked.
Bob Ezrin also has quite a big voice in the organization of course, in control of the artistic side of things. The albums and the show, but again he gets approval from Shep.
Shep, Alice and Bob are the big three who decide what we see, hear and buy and when.

wind_up_toy
Dada God
Dada God

Post by wind_up_toy » Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:15 pm

Si wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:38 am
He also attends important shows (he was apparently at the first couple of UK shows last month for example) and is generally around whenever a new tour/show is launched.
Yes. I spent the Swansea show stood next to Shep, who was on the sound board. He was very quick to intervene when the vocal issues during Eighteen happened!
Visit my fan site: http://www.welcometomynightmare.co.uk

That's a polite request not an order

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:00 pm

nurserozetta wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 2:50 am
Parish wrote:
Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:27 pm

I want a full blown, fully supported, fully backed by management ( Yes Shep I'm looking at you ) release
Sorry its 2022 thats just not going to happen - the music industry has moved a long way away from that scenario .
I hear and I agree whole heartedly with everything you said... :clap:
Just my personal wish before I die...I'm also a Minnesota Vikings fan so I have an extensive background of wishing for things that probably wont happen!

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:08 pm

wind_up_toy wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 12:15 pm

Yes. I spent the Swansea show stood next to Shep, who was on the sound board. He was very quick to intervene when the vocal issues during Eighteen happened!
The only time I ever met/seen Shep was a hundred years ago in NYC.
Not sure if it was the BP tour but if it wasn't it was in that era.
Middle of some song I see him leaning on a white pillar or wall.
I walked up to him and said, "Shep?"
And he put his index finger on his mouth in a "shhhh" motion.

I gave him the acknowledgement nod of "sorry I'm such a clumsy fan" and handed him my ticket which he very graciously signed. Then he gave me the thumbs up (or was it a different finger? :p :alice: ) and I smiled and walked away...

Holly Grail
Killer
Killer

Post by Holly Grail » Tue Jun 14, 2022 9:35 pm

In a recent interview for his forthcoming show in Greece, Alice was asked about his new album. He said that it is nearly completed with some vocals remaining. He also says that its going to be released during this year and also half of the album after this one, is already done.
The interview is in Greek language, sorry for that.
https://www.athinorama.gr/music/3005671 ... e=Facebook

Parish
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Parish » Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:55 pm

I bought Detroit Stories the day it came out...I returned it to Amazon three days later for a refund without making a copy of it... :/

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:34 am

Parish wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:55 pm
I bought Detroit Stories the day it came out...I returned it to Amazon three days later for a refund without making a copy of it... :/
Your complete collection loss. It was good - not great!
AC gives us "Breadcrumbs". Enjoy! :HEART:
Last edited by Daggers & Contracts on Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:40 am

I want to hear them in a studio context!
With material written by the touring band & the ACG!

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sat Jun 18, 2022 2:43 am

:clap:

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:20 am

I bought Detroit Stories the day it came out...I returned it to Amazon three days later for a refund without making a copy of it...
That is quite severe. Its a mid tier album for sure but there is more than enough good stuff on it to warrant a purchase, definitely.
Social Debris : a classic alice foot stomper with a tasty glen buxton style solo (well done again the lucky fan who got to record that tasty piece!)
Hail Mary - good high octane rocker with alice in fine form.
I hate you - Absolute stone cold classic OG band song. love it , funny and heartfelt at the same time.
Wonderful World - a slight Brutal planet vibe on this one, which for me is reason enough to love it!
Hanging by a thread - A good change of pace which has a nice vibe to it and while not a heavy rotation song, worth a listen

it also has a couple of OK tunes like go man go, independence Dave (a very zipper catches skin kind of vibe here for me) Shut up and rock

like i say not his best , if he removed the covers, put them on a separate disc (along with the one song i loved off breadcrumbs that they left off the actual release!!) and rearranged the order a bit and in my opinion remove drunk and in love for being just terrible hahaha but yeah could have been much better

I am seriously pumped for alices new album. He says they have worked out 30 already and one is hard rock but twisted.....sounding good! bring it on alice, i am beyond excited already! hope the band bring it big style, i think they can. then maybe an alice cooper group album after that if we are lucky. win win!

concolz
Dada God
Dada God

Post by concolz » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:27 pm

After Alice 'cleaned up' he lost that mysterious 'X' factor, which had consistently fueled the many creative tangents he explored on the Warners solo albums (well, except for Lacklustre & Lousy). It was replaced, for the most part, by a competent, professional, ordinariness. The exception to this being after he re-connected with his Christian roots, which kickstarted a true artistic renaissance with the 'morality' trio: TLT; BP; DragonTown. He'd actually got something to say, and said it with wit, insight, and a few interesting left-field turns.

After that though, it was back to the ordinary. Jumping on a few passing musical bandwagons, a failed attempt to recapture the Nightmare spirit, and the two most recent albums, which can easily be filed under 'bog-standard'. Detroit Stories has the advantage over Paranormal because with fifteen songs there's scope to omit a handful of duffers yet still have a decent album's worth left. And that's what I think it is - decent; a three-star affair. It's nothing to go into raptures over though, and I bought it mainly for the accompanying Olympia DVD.

We'll obviously have to wait and see what 'The Road' album delivers, but I'm not particularly hopeful. As to Alice's pronouncements on what to expect, I take these with a very large pinch of salt. Has he commented yet on why he broke his promise to play some different songs at each UK gig?

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:34 pm

concolz wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:27 pm
Has he commented yet on why he broke his promise to play some different songs at each UK gig?
It's a guess, but maybe because he later discovered he only had 75-80 minutes on that tour so would have to cut songs, or he knew about that and the original plan was to DROP different songs each night, but for whatever reason that never happened either.
I don't think we were ever going to get anything particularly interesting added to the set. I think any changes that did happen would just have been the same old standards that drop in and out of the set every few years anyway.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:01 pm

Why did alice get a reduced set? i saw the cult as a support act and no more, they didnt appear to be double heading it and while the cult felt like they were on stage for ages, i suspect it wasn't and was actually just really dull.
I was frustrated after the gig seeing the US setlist was longer and included favorite songs like hes back and my stars!
I mean i don't see getting the cult instead of those songs as a worthwhile exchange!

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:09 pm

Saint&Sinner wrote:
Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:01 pm
Why did alice get a reduced set? i saw the cult as a support act and no more, they didnt appear to be double heading it
It was an equal-billed co-headline tour. I think Alice ended up on stage a little longer then the cult, but it was advertised from the moment it was announced as a co-headline gig. Not sure why you would have thought otherwise..
Saint&Sinner wrote:
and while the cult felt like they were on stage for ages, i suspect it wasn't and was actually just really dull.
I'm not sure exactly how long they did but it was a long time as was their right, being the co-headliner.
And yes, they were very dull!
Saint&Sinner wrote:
I was frustrated after the gig seeing the US setlist was longer and included favorite songs like hes back and my stars!
I mean i don't see getting the cult instead of those songs as a worthwhile exchange!
Well no it isn't, but it was what it was, A co-headline tour.

Saint&Sinner
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Saint&Sinner » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:13 am

It was probably me being thick! my mate brought the tickets this time so i never saw the tickets/adverts etc (and to be fair they were digital anyway) i just assumed it was a solo show with support bands! hahahaha
still, even knowing it was a co header i would still have had to see alice.

Man, i like the cult and their time on stage was agonizingly dull. such a shame, i was hoping for something good. At least creeper know how to perform!