I Hate You

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

I Hate You

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:47 pm

Just heard this on the album preview.... each of the ACG singing on it... this sounds frickin' epic... I can't wait to hear it in full!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nITZJFsDZ4Q
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Inmate
Dada God
Dada God

Re: I Hate You

Post by Inmate » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:45 pm

Really looking forward to this album! :clap: :alice:
"I'm just another case…”

James Livewire
Trash
Trash

Post by James Livewire » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:13 pm

im going to say it.... i am REALLY looking forward to this...
Defo would not have led with the singles they released (or even kept them on the CD - apart from Social Debris) and i really cant forgive how over processed it is but... Jesus, these Clips have got me Hyped.....

Drunk and In Love - they REALLY should have gotten Ketih Richards on that track, thats right up his blues street...

High Heels is totally my Jam as well...

Possitives now seem to be outweighing the Negatives for me now... Time will tell..

Hanging by a thread is really not for me, and i think it detracts from the album if im honest but the rest sounds great...

and yes, I HATE YOU is brilliant :D

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:27 pm

So, now that "Don't Give Up" is 30 or so seconds longer,
it's been given a Title Re-vamp? :bam:
"Hanging On By A Thread (Don't Give Up)"
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:40 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:27 pm
Well it also has different lyrics.
It seems likely to me that "Hanging on By a Thread" was the original titel, and after they'd done the different covid-related version the "(Don't Give Up)" was added to it as well.
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:51 pm

Swinger wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:40 pm
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:27 pm
Well it also has different lyrics.
It seems likely to me that "Hanging on By a Thread" was the original titel, and after they'd done the different covid-related version the "(Don't Give Up)" was added to it as well.
'Hanging By A Thread' IS the original title. This was said when 'Don't Give Up' was released. It was done with the rest of the album back in 2019/early 2020.
'Don't Give Up' was the same basic recording re-edited and with vocal changes, to release it as virus related late last year.

Must admit I was hoping the whole talking bit was only on 'Don't Give Up' and that we'd get properly sung verses on the original album version. Disappointed is also seems to be spoken.

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:02 pm

Si wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:51 pm
'Hanging By A Thread' IS the original title. This was said when 'Don't Give Up' was released. It was done with the rest of the album back in 2019/early 2020.
'Don't Give Up' was the same basic recording re-edited and with vocal changes, to release it as virus related late last year.

Must admit I was hoping the whole talking bit was only on 'Don't Give Up' and that we'd get properly sung verses on the original album version. Disappointed is also seems to be spoken.
Another Virus mutation!
Alert the authorities!
:rotfl:

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:14 pm

Ugh I am not liking this it all. High Heeled Shoes is awful and does not sound like a Cooper song at all. I like I Hate You with the trade off vocals but the rest is meh. I think we are witnessing a serious decline in his vocals too. There is no texture or warmth to them. Major misstep after Paranormal.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:24 pm

pitkin88 wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:14 pm
Ugh I am not liking this it all.
I'm beyond shocked.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Swinger
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Swinger » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:12 pm

So "I Hate You" appears to be a song about the ACG members slagging of each other and everyone singing on it, right?
"You Wanted the Best" by KISS also features the original members sharing vocals for the first time and bitching about each other.

Just a IMO fun observation. :)
"You, sir, are a demented, sick, degenerate, barbaric, naughty freako."

rgallie
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by rgallie » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:13 pm

I wonder of the line "we 're all in the same boat" has been removed from Don't Give Up...I hope so, although well meaning I always thought that was a poor choice of words, we are all in the same storm would have been more fitting.

Actually now I have bit my tongue and pre-ordered the box set (CD will never be played) I am looking forward to this. What vinyl would be best to get in the UK?

I have to say, ignore the E.P. and I think this is his most serious sounding album since Brutal Planet and I like that.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:15 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:24 pm
pitkin88 wrote:
Ugh I am not liking this it all.
I'm beyond shocked.

Just like you were when I liked Paranormal.

pitkin88
Dada God
Dada God

Post by pitkin88 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:16 pm

Swinger wrote:
Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:12 pm
So "I Hate You" appears to be a song about the ACG members slagging of each other and everyone singing on it, right?
"You Wanted the Best" by KISS also features the original members sharing vocals for the first time and bitching about each other.

Just a IMO fun observation. :)

There are some great lines about Glen not being there which I thought was heartfelt.

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:20 am

pitkin88 wrote:
Ugh I am not liking this it all. High Heeled Shoes is awful and does not sound like a Cooper song at all. I like I Hate You with the trade off vocals but the rest is meh. I think we are witnessing a serious decline in his vocals too. There is no texture or warmth to them. Major misstep after Paranormal.
I’m with you here. “Drunk and in love” is the sort of lazy throwaway blues pastiche even bad bar bands know better than to let out of rehearsals

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:59 am

Babysquid wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:20 am
pitkin88 wrote:
I’m with you here. “Drunk and in love” is the sort of lazy throwaway blues pastiche even bad bar bands know better than to let out of rehearsals
Yet the audience could/would eat it up!
Here's one that was a staple for a local rock band "Live" but, I don't think they're playing anymore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X8R7DGS__Q
I was in an audience for a New Year's Show that kept the house rockin'!
This song aligns w/OWB & put's a spotlight on Domestic Violence instead of encouragement.

Mr. Skull
Billion Dollar Baby
Billion Dollar Baby

Post by Mr. Skull » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:03 am

Wonderful World sounds ok

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:10 am

Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:59 am
Babysquid wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:20 am
pitkin88 wrote:
Yet the audience could/would eat it up!
Here's one that was a staple for a local rock band "Live" but, I don't think they're playing anymore.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X8R7DGS__Q
I was in an audience for a New Year's Show that kept the house rockin'!
This song aligns w/OWB & put's a spotlight on Domestic Violence instead of encouragement.
Hmm I’m not sure from the short snippet I’ve heard of the song that it has anything to do with domestic violence or carry’s any correlation with OWB, Unless you’re referring to the song you linked to. It just sounds like a very bad attempt at a comedy blues number.

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:58 am

if that preview is anything to go by, the album sound storming to me.
totally unsurprised to see certain comments quoted here, makes me wonder why certain people even bother being part of a AC site. maybe they should hang around a site of someone they actually like, where they could be happy.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:26 am

killer wolf wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:58 am
if that preview is anything to go by, the album sound storming to me.
totally unsurprised to see certain comments quoted here, makes me wonder why certain people even bother being part of a AC site. maybe they should hang around a site of someone they actually like, where they could be happy.
I think it just shows that we all have different tastes and that Alice doesn’t necessarily cater for just one market. Alice Cooper was my entry to the world of music. If there’s one artist that I could say I’m a “fan” of it would be Alice (and the ACG). I’m interested in what he’s doing but it doesn’t mean I have to automatically like it. I’d imagine that almost every member here has an Alice album that they’re not particularly fond of. The whole point of a forum is to share and compare different points of view. You like what you’ve heard, I’ve yet to be convinced, maybe I’ll agree with you tomorrow or maybe not but please, please don’t banish me from the forum.

Railwayman
Killer
Killer

Post by Railwayman » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:00 am

Well said Squiddo. I have been a 'fan' since 1972 and there are certainly some albums I never play. Seen him live multiples of times but do not fawn over everything he says or does. From what I have heard this album is perfunctory and not grabbing me by the doodies. It might be a grower it might not. I think it is great that people like different aspects of his output, that is what makes this forum so interesting but you cannot criticise somebody for not liking what 'you' do.