I Hate You

Anything Alice Cooper or AC band related goes here

Moderators: Devon, Gorehound, Si, SickThings, Shoesalesman

Devon
Goat Herder
Goat Herder

Re: I Hate You

Post by Devon » Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:29 am

It seems as though the reunion of Ezrin/Cooper has not been as fruitful as I was hoping. "Wonderful World" is more in line with what I'd like to hear though.

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:37 pm

Devon wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 11:29 am
It seems as though the reunion of Ezrin/Cooper has not been as fruitful as I was hoping. "Wonderful World" is more in line with what I'd like to hear though.
Well it’s been ten years now and I wouldn’t say it was fruitless (I know that’s not what you said!) . Personally I’ve enjoyed quite a lot of it. Sure there’s been some filler but there’s also been some killer

killer wolf
Dada God
Dada God

Post by killer wolf » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:40 pm

Babysquid wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 10:26 am
killer wolf wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:58 am
if that preview is anything to go by, the album sound storming to me.
totally unsurprised to see certain comments quoted here, makes me wonder why certain people even bother being part of a AC site. maybe they should hang around a site of someone they actually like, where they could be happy.
I think it just shows that we all have different tastes and that Alice doesn’t necessarily cater for just one market. Alice Cooper was my entry to the world of music. If there’s one artist that I could say I’m a “fan” of it would be Alice (and the ACG). I’m interested in what he’s doing but it doesn’t mean I have to automatically like it. I’d imagine that almost every member here has an Alice album that they’re not particularly fond of. The whole point of a forum is to share and compare different points of view. You like what you’ve heard, I’ve yet to be convinced, maybe I’ll agree with you tomorrow or maybe not but please, please don’t banish me from the forum.
i don't have any powers to ban. everyone has opinions, i just feel that if i was posting unrelenting negativity about everything for years on end i'd feel my time was better spent elsewhere. it's just a shame the "ignore" feature doesn't include quotes.
~Roses On White Lace~ A Love Story...Kinda
KW
/X\oo/X\

Model Citizen
Humanary Stew
Humanary Stew

Post by Model Citizen » Mon Feb 22, 2021 1:15 am

Man, I was pumped about the previews but based on what I've heard, I'm disappointed. I hope the full album will change my opinion. The motown and blues pastiches give me the same embarrassed feeling I get anytime I hear "Disco Bloodbath Boogie Fever" or "Ghouls Gone Wild". I also really hate what he did to "Detroit City". The original was epic. Massive chorus. Now it feels like its stuck in neutral. It just meanders. "Our Love Can Change The World" just falls flat, if you ask me. I love the Beatles and I'm a huge sunshine pop fan but the original wasn't much to begin with and I don't really think Alice was able to salvage the damn thing either. There are a handful of cool cuts but a lot of this stuff seems too deliberate. I'm hoping eventually Alice will put the Detroit revival attempts to bed and try his hand at something more inspired.

scotty
Dada God
Dada God

Post by scotty » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:50 am

Totally agree with the sentiment of not automatically liking everything Alice does...Having said that,how can anyone go by 30 second clips one way or the other?

patrick
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by patrick » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:36 am

scotty wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:50 am
Totally agree with the sentiment of not automatically liking everything Alice does...Having said that,how can anyone go by 30 second clips one way or the other?
Agree with you, Scotty. Always suprised though to see a lot of negativity whenever a new release is coming along, while we should be happy by the mere fact that Alice is still there and puts a lot of effort in promoting his new work. Of course it won't be all everyone here always wanted, there are so many different angles to Alice's music and different tastes in his fanbase . To me Paranormal was/is a standout where others may prefer..ACAS ( :x )....
so I am not expecting another stellar record, but there surely will be enough for me to keep me happy as an Alice fan.
Looking at the last clip here : apparently time stood still :alice: !
you really wouldn't understand..

dadascot
Dada God
Dada God

Post by dadascot » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:34 am

I didn't particularly like the sound of the thirty seconds clips from paranormal when they were released but completely changed my mind when I heard the full song's in context. So far I have liked what I have heard, good solid rock mixed with the Alice quirkiness.

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:59 am

dadascot wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:34 am
I didn't particularly like the sound of the thirty seconds clips from paranormal when they were released but completely changed my mind when I heard the full song's in context. So far I have liked what I have heard, good solid rock mixed with the Alice quirkiness.
I wasn’t expecting to like paranormal either based on what I’d heard in preview but I really enjoyed it in much the same way as you describe.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:20 pm

I'm not sure I'd say the Ezrin/Cooper reunion has not been fruitful. Sure, W2MN was a disaster, but Paranormal and Breadcrumbs made up for it. Only time will tell how DS stands up, but I like the full songs I've heard so far. I'll see how much I like them after some time has passed which is the ultimate barometer.
"Golly gee it's wrong to be so guilty..."

Si
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Si » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:15 pm

RemarkablyInsincere wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:20 pm
Sure, W2MN was a disaster, but Paranormal and Breadcrumbs made up for it.
Good example of what posters above have been saying.
IMHO I would say it was almost the complete opposite!!!

Railwayman
Killer
Killer

Post by Railwayman » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:22 pm

Darn it Si, you got in first. With the multitude of different styles Alice has put out it is inevitable that fans will prefer different elements but the differences in opinions make this forum what it is. As for W2MN, I though it was great but didn't care much for Breadcrumbs. Live and let live as they say. All welcome.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:26 pm

Si wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:15 pm
W2MN is a simply a bad Alice Cooper album. If it wasn't a sequel to an iconic album, maybe it would be seen a bit differently, but it's still a mess of an album. It's all over the board stylistically to the point where it doesn't even sound like a coherent album. The comedy is way over the top to the point that it's cringeworthy. And the best song from those sessions is actually a bonus track so that in and of itself indicates that they were a bit lost during recording.

And I rate it far better than fellow Alice fans who I know personally who think it's the worse thing he's ever done.

Babysquid
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by Babysquid » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:07 pm

Si wrote:
And I would agree with you

Dazdot
Trash
Trash

Post by Dazdot » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:52 pm

Babysquid wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:07 pm
Si wrote:
And I would agree with you
Seconded.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:40 pm

People really like W2MN more than Paranormal? Seriously?

Freeze
Trash
Trash

Post by Freeze » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:36 pm

Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:40 pm
People really like W2MN more than Paranormal? Seriously?
Seriously!

Daggers & Contracts
Dada God
Dada God

Post by Daggers & Contracts » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:40 am

Hasn't this already been debated? :bam:
Let's move on to DS! & the track under discussion.
Plus, the rest of the soon to released Lp that Amazon has already
sent an e-mail of delays.
I've Got The Answers To All Of Your Questions...

del
Fashion Flusher
Fashion Flusher

Post by del » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:53 am

I’m avoiding the clips and will wait until the album arrives or until it lands on Spotify, whichever comes first. I’ve been unsure about this release since it was announced and I’ve decided to put my concerns aside and give it a serious listen.

Again, it’s all about personal choice, I’ve got great affection for W2MN (precisely because it is so varied) and rank I Am Made of You particularly highly. I love Paranormal with only Dead Flies and Holy Water failing for me nowadays.I love the second Vampires album as well but the first album and Breadcrumbs still leave me cold. Basically, 90% of Alice covers just don’t do it for me and that’s the worry for the new arrival.

RemarkablyInsincere
Dada God
Dada God

Post by RemarkablyInsincere » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:24 pm

Daggers & Contracts wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:40 am
Hasn't this already been debated? :bam:
Let's move on to DS! & the track under discussion.
Plus, the rest of the soon to released Lp that Amazon has already
sent an e-mail of delays.
Let's discuss a song ad nauseam we haven't actually heard all of yet. Okay.

Did someone appoint you moderator?

Run Down the Devil
Trash
Trash

Post by Run Down the Devil » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:49 pm

I must admit the short snippets of the songs have whet my appetite for the new album. Alice's voice sounds great to me. I have really enjoyed the varied singles released so far. In recent times Alice appears to be pleasing himself (as all artists should) rather than playing to type. All art is in the eye/ear of the beholder so some may like it some may not. I say keep on carrying on Alice.